Sign in to follow this  
Flyfreak

++ UPDATE: AP requests a trade to the Cowboys - Reinstated

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think AP will be traded to the Cowboys?

• Yes
    • No

You said many times that Jerry and his boner would trade and pay AP. Even at $8 or $9m - that's not happening.

agree, but not at his current rate

i'm pretty sure the boys would pay him 8-10m per

Flyfreak, on 16 Mar 2015 - 3:07 PM, said:

i'm pretty sure the boys would pay him 8-10m per

Based on what?

based on my desire to be right

They actually have a phrase for that - it's called pipe dream.

Vikings GM Rick Spielman informed the agent for Adrian Peterson that the team will not release his client.

"That's off the table," per USA Today's Tom Pelissero, a former Vikings beat reporter. The options are down to a trade or Peterson staying in Minnesota. The Vikings clearly want Peterson back, but the feeling doesn't seem to be mutual. Recent reports suggest Peterson will either stay put or go to the Cardinals, who are allegedly willing to offer a "high draft pick."

Flyfreak, on 19 Mar 2015 - 05:30 AM, said:

Vikings GM Rick Spielman informed the agent for Adrian Peterson that the team will not release his client.

"That's off the table," per USA Today's Tom Pelissero, a former Vikings beat reporter. The options are down to a trade or Peterson staying in Minnesota. The Vikings clearly want Peterson back, but the feeling doesn't seem to be mutual. Recent reports suggest Peterson will either stay put or go to the Cardinals, who are allegedly willing to offer a "high draft pick."

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

So when can we expect Jerry to announce the trade for AP that you insisted would happen?

That set sail when the Cowboys signed Greg Hardy most likely.

Paying AP, Murray, or anyone else $8/9m a year to play RB here was never going to happen - even before Hardy. It's still not going to happen - but he didn't seem to understand that.

So when can we expect Jerry to announce the trade for AP that you insisted would happen?

well, unless jerry also owns the cards, never

i'm actually glad he isn't going to the boys, cause he's that damn good

Paying AP, Murray, or anyone else $8/9m a year to play RB here was never going to happen - even before Hardy. It's still not going to happen - but he didn't seem to understand that.

i've tried to tell you a million times, the guaranteed money is all that matters, but you seem to be fixated on the yearly terms, so whatevs

i've tried to tell you a million times, the guaranteed money is all that matters, but you seem to be fixated on the yearly terms, so whatevs

I fully understand the concept of guaranteed money... What you can't seem to understand is that AP would want, not as much as Murray and McCoy got - he'd want MORE guaranteed money. At 30 years of age Dallas nor Zona is going to give him a long term contract in the range of 5 to 6 years. That means all that money would have to be front loaded - mostly in the form of signing bonus. $30m guaranteed over 3 years comes to $10m a year Einstein - and nobody (outside of Minny) is going to pay that.

I fully understand the concept of guaranteed money... What you can't seem to understand is that AP would want, not as much as Murray and McCoy got - he'd want MORE guaranteed money. At 30 years of age Dallas nor Zona is going to give him a long term contract in the range of 5 to 6 years. That means all that money would have to be front loaded - mostly in the form of signing bonus. $30m guaranteed over 3 years comes to $10m a year Einstein - and nobody (outside of Minny) is going to pay that.

i disagree, i think both murray and ap would take less gm to play for the boys

i disagree, i think both murray and ap would take less gm to play for the boys

Uh, you are aware Dallas offered Murray less, right? He turned it down.

Uh, you are aware Dallas offered Murray less, right? He turned it down.

i never saw what gm they offered him, i know he didn't like the per year offer

i never saw what gm they offered him, i know he didn't like the per year offer

According to you, per year money doesn't matter.... Hum, must of mattered to Murray - you just said he didn't like it.

According to you, per year money doesn't matter.... Hum, must of mattered to Murray - you just said he didn't like it.

that offer was insulting to everyone

they should have offered him 10m, 7.5m, 6.5m, 6.5m = 4yr 30.5 with 18m guaranteed

that offer was insulting to everyone

they should have offered him 10m, 7.5m, 6.5m, 6.5m = 4yr 30.5 with 18m guaranteed

Insulting to who, you, your uncle, neighbor, boss - who is everyone? And why would it have been insulting? 27 year old running back, with a history of injury, who has only played a full season once in his entire professional career - you want to commit that kind of guaranteed money to this kind of player? Especially when you have the best offensive line in the league - and the very real possibility to draft Gurley or Gordon? Wow - you really are nuts.

Insulting to who, you, your uncle, neighbor, boss - who is everyone? And why would it have been insulting? 27 year old running back, with a history of injury, who has only played a full season once in his entire professional career - you want to commit that kind of guaranteed money to this kind of player? Especially when you have the best offensive line in the league - and the very real possibility to draft Gurley or Gordon? Wow - you really are nuts.

5m per year to one of the best rbs in the game is a huge insult

that contract example i gave you would have shown a good effort by the boys brass and he would have taken it

5m per year to one of the best rbs in the game is a huge insult

Make up your mind - either money per year or guaranteed money is the issue, can't have both.... Your offer included $18m guaranteed - it's just not a wise commitment.... Dallas originally offered $4m a year, for 4 years - maybe not flashy but it was an offer.... Keep in mind, we're talking about a guy who did it 1 year - this isn't something that has proven to be a pattern. Your way of thinking is what has gotten this team in cap hell for years. Jerry was notorious for extending players to big contracts after 1 career year - only to have them turn out to be mediocre, or even worse, flat out shiatty. The names Miles Austin, Jay Ratliff, G. Sensabagh, and on and on - all hasty moves, all terrible mistakes. This line of thinking is moronic - and I'm glad we are finally getting away from it.

Keep in mind also (as I keep telling my fellow cowboys fans still on suicide watch) - Murray was a 3rd round pick. It wasn't like we lost Barry Sanders - he was pretty good but c'mon.. Gurley and Gordon are going to be highly touted, 1st round studs - and we can have them fresh out of school for basically nothing, All will be okay - once the smoke clears - think all will look back and thank the heavens Stephen held his ground.

Make up your mind - either money per year or guaranteed money is the issue, can't have both.... Your offer included $18m guaranteed - it's just not a wise commitment.... Dallas originally offered $4m a year, for 4 years - maybe not flashy but it was an offer.... Keep in mind, we're talking about a guy who did it 1 year - this isn't something that has proven to be a pattern. Your way of thinking is what has gotten this team in cap hell for years. Jerry was notorious for extending players to big contracts after 1 career year - only to have them turn out to be mediocre, or even worse, flat out shiatty. The names Miles Austin, Jay Ratliff, G. Sensabagh, and on and on - all hasty moves, all terrible mistakes. This line of thinking is moronic - and I'm glad we are finally getting away from it.

Keep in mind also (as I keep telling my fellow cowboys fans still on suicide watch) - Murray was a 3rd round pick. It wasn't like we lost Barry Sanders - he was pretty good but c'mon.. Gurley and Gordon are going to be highly touted, 1st round studs - and we can have them fresh out of school for basically nothing, All will be okay - once the smoke clears - think all will look back and thank the heavens Stephen held his ground.

not buying it, the boys are built to win now and they should have given him 10m this year as a reward and then they would have only been on the hook for 8m more and could have cut ties after 2 years of the deal if his skills declined greatly or the team needed to rebuild

they greatly disrespected him and his service to the team

not buying it, the boys are built to win now and they should have given him 10m this year as a reward and then they would have only been on the hook for 8m more and could have cut ties after 2 years of the deal if his skills declined greatly or the team needed to rebuild

they greatly disrespected him and his service to the team

This is the NFL, not the Boy Scouts - you don't earn merit badges for performance.... Murray was under contract, Murray was paid for his services - he was free to find a better deal had he chose to.... Both Gurley and Gordon are younger, bigger, faster and cheaper - I'm excited as hell about one of them getting the rock.

This is the NFL, not the Boy Scouts - you don't earn merit badges for performance.... Murray was under contract, Murray was paid for his services - he was free to find a better deal had he chose to.... Both Gurley and Gordon are younger, bigger, faster and cheaper - I'm excited as hell about one of them getting the rock.

meh, they won't get either one of those guys and you know it

meh, they won't get either one of those guys and you know it

Another one of your brilliant predictions, like the one Jerry would trade for AP?

What are you, 0-10 on Swami calls so far?

Another one of your brilliant predictions, like the one Jerry would trade for AP?

What are you, 0-10 on Swami calls so far?

it's not about swami calls, it's about the entertainment value

Melvin gordon

40 time: 4.52

6'1 215 pounds

Demarco murray

40 time: 4.41

6'0 213 pounds

Not only is demarco faster than gordon, he is also more stout for his height than gordon. I also doubt that gurley is going to be running in the 4.3s

Frozenbeernuts, on 21 Mar 2015 - 09:53 AM, said:

Melvin gordon

40 time: 4.52

6'1 215 pounds

Demarco murray

40 time: 4.41

6'0 213 pounds

Not only is demarco faster than gordon, he is also more stout for his height than gordon. I also doubt that gurley is going to be running in the 4.3s

The 40 times are bit surprising, especially considering one of the knocks on Murray has always been his break away speed (or lack thereof)... As far as being more stout - Murray has had 4 years of NFL weight room training, would be disappointing if he weren't a bit more stout. And no question Gordon is/would be considerably cheaper and younger.

Interesting bits of note:

* Murray had 15 runs of 20+ yards in 2014, 2nd most in the league.

* In 2013 Murray only had 8 runs of 20+ yards - did he miraculously get faster with age in 2014? Or maybe the addition of a third 1st round stud lineman was the difference.

* Murray's ypc average was 4.7 in 2014 - in both 2013 & 2012 it was 5.2 ypc.

* I highly doubt Gurley will be there at 27 - don't think he will get past S. Diego or Zona. But the draft is deep, be happy as hell with any number of 3 or 4 guys.

The 40 times are bit surprising, especially considering one of the knocks on Murray has always been his break away speed (or lack thereof)... As far as being more stout - Murray has had 4 years of NFL weight room training, would be disappointing if he weren't a bit more stout. And no question Gordon is/would be considerably cheaper and younger.

Interesting bits of note:

* Murray had 15 runs of 20+ yards in 2014, 2nd most in the league.

* In 2013 Murray only had 8 runs of 20+ yards - did he miraculously get faster with age in 2014? Or maybe the addition of a third 1st round stud lineman was the difference.

* Murray's ypc average was 4.7 in 2014 - in both 2013 & 2012 it was 5.2 ypc.

* I highly doubt Gurley will be there at 27 - don't think he will get past S. Diego or Zona. But the draft is deep, be happy as hell with any number of 3 or 4 guys.

Murrays weight that i posted was from his combine measurements, not after putting on weight in his 4 years. All of the numbers i posted were to show how each back looks coming out of college. Murray received more carries last year and had a better o line. Right there explains why he has more runs of 20+ yards. I would also like to point to the massive disappointment past wisconsin rbs have left us with.

I would also like to point to the massive disappointment past wisconsin rbs have left us with.

True, then again - name a Badger back to come out and have the opportunity to run behind a line like this?

Bottom line is this: Murray is a wonderful talent who, for the 1st time in 4 years, finally had a great season. He will be missed - but the running back position is a young man's position and rbs today are very interchangeable - $8m a year can be spent more wisely elsewhere. Given the choice - I'm happy the team chose to gamble this way.

I saw a mock on nfl.com (sorry, no link) that had Gurley going at 17 to SD, and Gordon at 27 to Dallas. I think the Cards would swing a trade with Dallas with their 24th pick to add more picks if Gordon were there and Dallas wanted him. Or somebody just ahead of AZ.

I think the Cards would swing a trade with Dallas with their 24th pick to add more picks if Gordon were there and Dallas wanted him. Or somebody just ahead of AZ.

Yea I don't see Gurley getting past SD. But I also would not panic and make a move just to get Gordon. I love him for sure, but I would be very happy with T. Coleman as well.

Yea I don't see Gurley getting past SD. But I also would not panic and make a move just to get Gordon. I love him for sure, but I would be very happy with T. Coleman as well.

none of these guys is a murray

none of these guys is a murray

Cool - upgraded talent is never a bad thing. :thumbsup:

don't get wise with me

It wouldn't do any good... Would fly over your head like a 747.

Okay Fly, there is activity in the cockpit. Apparently Jerry has butted in and is trying his best to fock this thing up... Romo's contract has been restructured, freeing up $13m in cap space. The only plausible reason would be for a deal involving AP.

I will be one pissed Cowboys fan if this bullsheet is true - I am already pissed about the Romo restructure.

Romo's contract has been restructured, freeing up $13m in cap space. The only plausible reason would be for a deal involving AP.

disagree--the restructure was almost inevitable even without considering bringing in anyone. logically, the team is a contender with romo, but not without. so it makes sense to leverage what you have for all it's worth...while you have it.

now, if this money goes into AP at anything near murray's figure, i'm definitely going to be upset. but i still don't think that's likely. again, AP isn't going to play for less than half his current salary, and that's what the cowboys are going to hold firm on: $6-7M. romo even offered to take a pay cut to keep murray around--i don't see that happening with AP.

we'll see how it shakes out.