Sign in to follow this  
ralphster

LeSean McCoy to the Bills

Agreed on McCoy's money and style but I think Eagles fans are overestimating how easy it is to replace a dual threat RB who can handle 350+ touches while staying healthy and playing at a high level. Those kinds of backs don't grow on trees.

I would prefer a mid-level free agent plus a draft pick. Looking at the available RBs something like Mathews or Powell / Helu plus a pick makes sense. They really should draft a RB too because Sproles is purely a gadget and I have no faith in Polk's ability to handle 150-200+ carries. Unless you're counting on Ingram morphing into a bellcow back? I'm not.

You can forget Murray. The Eagles are not going to replace McCoy with another expensive back who has a lot of tread and is coming off a huge workload last season.

i could see the eagles drop 8m per for someone like murray or ap, although, not sure what length either of those guys is looking for

i can't see the birds doing more than 2 years tops for old vet rbs

Just as a player to player swap I think losing McCoy hurts the Eagles more than gaining Alonso helps. Factor in their salaries and positional value / longevity though and I can see why they did the deal.

Here's hoping they sign a mid-level vet and also address RB in the draft. Polk is purely short yardage and Sproles is a gadget player. They either need a bellcow or more than one back who could handle 200 carries if necessary.

A team that runs as much as Philly and plays at that pace should be carrying 4 RBs on the roster.

What makes this trade a win for Philly is what it can allow them to do. For instance.....sign Maxwell and McCourty, draft Landon Collins in the first, which turns there secondary from a negative to a plus, then draft Ajayi, or Coleman in the second to be their main RB, and bring in someone like Moreno for a vet presence and depth.

What makes this trade a win for Philly is what it can allow them to do. For instance.....sign Maxwell and McCourty, draft Landon Collins in the first, which turns there secondary from a negative to a plus, then draft Ajayi, or Coleman in the second to be their main RB, and bring in someone like Moreno for a vet presence and depth.

Yep. Like I said, it was about $. Getting a good young player at a position of need helps too.

My wish list would be Revis, McCourtey and Worilds in FA, best available player on the OL or defensive front 7 in the first ad Duke Johnson at RB. The amazing thing is with all that $ they could make it happen.

You can forget Murray. The Eagles are not going to replace McCoy with another expensive back who has a lot of tread and is coming off a huge workload last season.

for the future, this is a tire metaphor. having a lot of tread is a good thing--it means the tire hasn't been worn down by overuse or bad maintenance.

i agree with your football point though.

edit: i'm seriously beginning to wonder whether chip wants to be the biggest star on the team. i understood why he cut jackson, and i understand why he traded mccoy. but if he keeps dumping stars in favor of bringing in "chip's guys", it's going to seem like this is an ego thing.

i don't know if that's the case though--just something to keep an eye on.

I personally thought he ran McCoy because he didn't fit the bill of a bruising north-south runner, and that's what the Chipster wants. Murray fits that bill nicely, and sticks it right to Dallas. I could be mistaken, just my take is all.

Unbelievable contact... Do the Bills know RBs are easily replaceable?

At least with these numbers, we know they consider him their workhorse. I'd hope.

Unbelievable contact... Do the Builds know RBs are easily replaceable?

At least with these numbers, we know they consider him their workhorse. I'd hope.

what numbers do you think murray and ap have running through their heads?

holy sh*t: 5yr/40m (26.5 guaranteed) and 16m for 2015

I wonder if Shady is still booty hurt he got traded now.

I wonder if Shady is still booty hurt he got traded now.

hahaha, I think his hemorrhoids healed pretty quick

Just posted Doug Orth's take and full fantasy impact of the McCoy in Buffalo.

I'm in agreement here, given the mileage on McCoy's tires and other variables, he's likely good two more good years of production even though he's only 26 (27 in July).

In a radio interview, Bills coach Rex Ryan said, "We're going to run it 50 times if we can."

"We're not naive enough to think we're going to be able to get away with that," Ryan continued, adding Buffalo could also "spread you out and create some nightmares in coverage." Though he tried to temper the comment, Buffalo's offseason moves always pointed to a run-heavy approach. They brought in a run-first offensive coordinator in Greg Roman, traded for LeSean McCoy and settled for bridge-quarterback Matt Cassel. Buffalo does have some weapons to utilize outside if they ever figure out the quarterback position, but for now McCoy should be the focus of the offense. He has a great shot to top 300 carries for the third-straight season.

looks like shady will be #1 ff pick this year

In a radio interview, Bills coach Rex Ryan said, "We're going to run it 50 times if we can."

"We're not naive enough to think we're going to be able to get away with that," Ryan continued, adding Buffalo could also "spread you out and create some nightmares in coverage." Though he tried to temper the comment, Buffalo's offseason moves always pointed to a run-heavy approach. They brought in a run-first offensive coordinator in Greg Roman, traded for LeSean McCoy and settled for bridge-quarterback Matt Cassel. Buffalo does have some weapons to utilize outside if they ever figure out the quarterback position, but for now McCoy should be the focus of the offense. He has a great shot to top 300 carries for the third-straight season.

Source: Democrat & Chronicle

looks like shady will be #1 ff pick this year

Thats scary. So basically wait to see who i pick in my big money draft. Whoever i take as my first rb, you would be wise to not even draft that rb if he is available in the last round.

edit: i'm seriously beginning to wonder whether chip wants to be the biggest star on the team. i understood why he cut jackson, and i understand why he traded mccoy. but if he keeps dumping stars in favor of bringing in "chip's guys", it's going to seem like this is an ego thing.

i don't know if that's the case though--just something to keep an eye on.

Interestingly enough, it would seem that McCoy shares your view.

From today:

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. - LeSean McCoy still hasn't spoken to Chip Kelly. The running back said his former coach called him twice, but he didn't answer. So he has yet to hear Kelly's reason for trading him to the Buffalo Bills last month.

McCoy said he heard Kelly say to reporters that money was the primary factor. He said he heard Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie say that Kelly thought his shifty running style wasn't ideally suited to his offense.

He has another theory.

"I don't think he likes or respects the stars. I'm being honest," McCoy told The Inquirer on Monday. "I think he likes the fact that it's 'Chip Kelly and the Eagles.' "...

..."It was 'DeSean Jackson - a high-flying, take-off-the-top-of-the-defense receiver.' Or 'the quick, elusive LeSean McCoy,' " McCoy said. "I don't think [Kelly] likes that."...

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20150407_LeSean_McCoy_says_Chip_Kelly_doesn_t_respect_stars.html

• Like 1