Sign in to follow this  
Flyfreak

Finally, some Chargers News

I really do believe you think this, don't doubt it a bit. You seem to have very little understanding of value, the salary cap and how they relate to each other.

you keep misunderstanding the small window of winning a sb that each contending team has

it isn't the right time to move on from murray is all i'm saying

Flyfreak, on 25 Mar 2015 - 09:33 AM, said:

you keep misunderstanding the small window of winning a sb that each contending team has

it isn't the right time to move on from murray is all i'm saying

Like I said, you have very little understanding of how things work in relation to that.. Your insistence to believing Dallas should of given him what he wanted is proof of that.

Like I said, you have very little understanding of how things work in relation to that.. Your insistence to believing Dallas should of given him what he wanted is proof of that.

it's not that they should have given him what he wants, but that what they offered him was insulting and they didn't attempt a more deserving offer

if he walks away from the type of offer i proposed earlier, then i totally agree with you on all of the things you have stated about cap issues etc...

it's not that they should have given him what he wants, but that what they offered him was insulting and they didn't attempt a more deserving offer

The bolded part is yet another example of your disconnect with what I'm talking about... This isn't a merit system, this is a church bake sale and this isn't a reward rebate program. This is the NFL and it's a business. Owners and GMs are concerned with talent, allocation of funds, availability of funds, value and performance. Feelings, emotions and sentiment has nothing to do with anything. If a player gets his feelings hurt or is offended - so what, get over it. Dallas offered Murray $5m a year - M. Lynch won a SB last year making $6m, and he's infinitely a better back.... Murray felt he was worth more than $5m a year, he found a team to agree with him - great, time to move on.

The bolded part is yet another example of your disconnect with what I'm talking about... This isn't a merit system, this is a church bake sale and this isn't a reward rebate program. This is the NFL and it's a business. Owners and GMs are concerned with talent, allocation of funds, availability of funds, value and performance. Feelings, emotions and sentiment has nothing to do with anything. If a player gets his feelings hurt or is offended - so what, get over it. Dallas offered Murray $5m a year - M. Lynch won a SB last year making $6m, and he's infinitely a better back.... Murray felt he was worth more than $5m a year, he found a team to agree with him - great, time to move on.

you're still missing the point, the cowboys are in a prime positions to win the sb, it isn't time to move on from murray, unless he walks away from a solid offer, which the cowboys never made

5m per year is a focking joke and everyone, except you, knows it

5m per year is a focking joke and everyone, except you, knows it

Okay Einstein - name the teams who all lined up offering Murray (say even) $6m or $7m a year? Go ahead I'll wait - name all the teams who brought Murray in for an interview, name all the teams who were beating his agent's door down offering him more than the $5m a year Dallas was...?

Go ahead - name them.

Okay Einstein - name the teams who all lined up offering Murray (say even) $6m or $7m a year? Go ahead I'll wait - name all the teams who brought Murray in for an interview, name all the teams who were beating his agent's door down offering him more than the $5m a year Dallas was...?

Go ahead - name them.

it doesn't matter......can you smell what chip is cooking

seriously, i'm much more closer in agreement to what you're saying, i think murray has two productive years left and the cowboys should have devised a better offer with guaranteed money that wouldn't have hamstrung them for more than two years

my bottom line is that they could have gotten a reasonable deal done with him, but didn't want to and i think it will hurt their sb chances

my bottom line is that they could have gotten a reasonable deal done with him, but didn't want to and i think it will hurt their sb chances

My point is that you are wrong - the only one who doesn't know it is you, Murrays' agent and Murray's mom I guess.... Me, the Cowboys and every other team out there didn't see or value Murray as a $6m a year and up RB - they just didn't. Proof? NO OFFERS!

A reasonable offer was made - anything above that would have been a poor investment, a bad allocation of funds and over pay for an interchangeable position. 31 other teams in the league saw it that way too.

List of the last 10 SB winners:

Patriots, Seahawks, Ravens, Giants, Packers, Saints, Steelers, Giants, Colts, Steelers.

Name the high priced RB on any of those teams...? Name the regular season rushing leader of that year on any of those teams? Name the running back from any of these teams that was named the SB MVP...? This NFL is a different league today. In today's game you win with star quarterbacks and defense, particularly those defenses that can get the Qb. Running back is down the list of positions vital to that... BTW - Terrell Davis was the last RB to be named SM MVP, and that was for the 1997 season.

Good points, but Murray was an integral part of the cowboys success and it doesn't mean that he has to win the SB MVP

also, the jags, raiders, eagles and probs the bucs offered more than the cheapskate boys

also, the jags, raiders, eagles and probs the bucs offered more than the cheapskate boys

What was the offer? Where is the story?

There isn't one bcoz they didn't. What you heard is nothing more than a rumor, it was said those teams were interested but none actually offered an offer. As a matter of fact, none of them ever had a meeting with Demarco, none of them ever met with his agent - none of them ever had Murray in for a visit.

What was the offer? Where is the story?There isn't one bcoz they didn't. What you heard is nothing more than a rumor, it was said those teams were interested but none actually offered an offer. As a matter of fact, none of them ever had a meeting with Demarco, none of them ever met with his agent - none of them ever had Murray in for a visit.

wrong, it has been reported that he turned down more guaranteed money from the raiders

What does Murray have to do with the Chargers?

Been wondering the same thing

cruzer started it

Please tell me you aren't this stupid. Please tell me you were dropped on your head as a child, or they over oxygenated your birth crib.

FlyTard started the Cowboys talk with the smart ass comment "guess the boys will be taking p. thomas". Till then I was only talking Chargers. Don't believe me, check page 1.

And Flytard, where is the link the Raiders offered more? Who reported it? What network reported it? Let me guess, you HEARD IT??

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports it would take "multiple first-round picks" for the Chargers to trade Philip Rivers.

Rapsheet's report is via ""several sources with the Chargers." Rapsheet emphasizes that the team doesn't want to trade Rivers, but that it hasn't explicitly said he won't be dealt. The Bolts recently approached Rivers about an extension, but were rebuffed. Rivers is on public record as wanting to play out his deal, and says there's "nothing" that could change his mind. Multiple first-rounders would indeed be the going rate for a quarterback of Rivers' ilk, even at age 33.

Source: NFL.com

Flyfreak, on 26 Mar 2015 - 06:07 AM, said:

y u mad bro? just having some fun

Ha, no.. But I will fire back when thrown under a bus for any kind of BS.. You started the Cowboys talk, not me - and you know it.

Speaking of - still waiting on the link, story or confirmation of anyone other than Philly offering more than Dallas did.... Well?

Ha, no.. But I will fire back when thrown under a bus for any kind of BS.. You started the Cowboys talk, not me - and you know it.

Speaking of - still waiting on the link, story or confirmation of anyone other than Philly offering more than Dallas did.... Well?

i thought you loved it under the bus

So back to Bolts talk - what's the deal with Rivers? He's got 329 kids, does he really want to pack up and move to a new city after this year? He'll be 34 when he's free - still will have enuff left to get paid a pretty good amount... If SD doesn't think they can resign him they would be better served trading him now.... Problem is - teams will be hesitant to give you a lot for a guy they aren't sure will resign long term to them... Unless your Philly of course.

I can't see anyone dropping two firsts for daddy daycare

Maybe the Jets? They are built to win now, no? B. Marshall, E. Decker are not exactly spring chickens. Of course they don't really have a rb - but they could get one down in the 3rd. And Rivers could give them at least 3 more really productive years.

Maybe the Jets? They are built to win now, no? B. Marshall, E. Decker are not exactly spring chickens. Of course they don't really have a rb - but they could get one down in the 3rd. And Rivers could give them at least 3 more really productive years.

buffalo would be a good fit as well, but I doubt anyone will move two firsts

buffalo would be a good fit as well, but I doubt anyone will move two firsts

I don't believe Buffalo even has a first this year - Cleveland has theirs this year for the deal that involved S. Watkins.

Chargers need to upgrade their O-line. They need to take Irving (Center) in the first round. RBs are deep this year....

Chargers, Rivers, Mariota saga picking up steam. Nice article from Kevin Acee (beat writer) in the San Diego Union Tribune...

The ominous reality for the Chargers is that there is no telling what happens with their franchise quarterback.

Despite some inside Chargers Park pressing the narrative that the Los Angeles factor is overblown, the team knows it is not.

There are numerous people in the organization dreading a move to L.A. as much as Rivers is. Everyone knows it is possible – some even believe likely – the team will move in 2016 or ’17.

The only real control the Chargers have with their quarterback is now, this offseason.

So – and this is difficult to think, let alone write – they need to trade Rivers.

• Like 1

Antonio Gates indicated he'd like to have his snaps dialed back in 2015.

"With injuries and whatnot, I played a little bit more than they expected me to play last season," Gates said. "I was playing the whole game. I’d like to come in on third-and-7s, red zones, those situations." Gates, 35 in June, played 787 snaps last season and saw the sixth-most targets among tight ends on his way to a 69-821-12 line. He admittedly doesn't have many years left and wants to conserve his time. The Ladarius Green plane may actually get off the ground in 2015.

green might be a nice sleeper pick

According to Bleacher Report's Jason Cole, Philip Rivers believes the Chargers are "not going to pay him."

In other words, Rivers forcing his way out of San Diego isn't just about relocation fears. Per Cole, the Chargers are "extraordinarily concerned" about Rivers' physical condition, as well, and will most likely package him in a deal for the Titans' No. 2 overall pick. Cole reports that Rivers would "love" to play out his career for the Titans and ex-Chargers OC Ken Whisenhunt. The smoke continues to build toward a Bolts/Titans blockbuster, but it doesn't yet appear inevitable.
Related: Titans

this looks like fun

Awesome

It's possible that the Rivers and their plethora of children have simply outgrown San Diego. :dunno:

If I'm SD I think you've got to trade him to the Titans. It boggles the mind, but it's necessary nonetheless.

I have no idea why Tennessee would make this trade. They're not even remotely close to challenging for their division, much less anything else. To trade away a franchise pick for an injury history, 33 year old qb, who is going to demand near $17m a year - makes no sense. Then again, it is Tennessee - and this these are the kind of moves that makes them the Titans.

Rivers is a known quantity. Rookies that look like HOFers coming out of college can just as easily be busts

Personally, I'd rather have Rivers than roll the dice. This isn't a critique of Mariota who I'm inclined to believe will live up to the hype. It's just a reminder that over the years we've seen enough top of round one QBs go bust to be wary whereas you know Rivers gives you everything you want.

If Rivers wants to go trade him

The Bolts have made some solid moves this offseason, the Orlando Franklin signing being one of them. I see them standing pat, and using that first round pick on another offensive lineman, probably the kid Flowers out of Miami. Then they can go RB in the 2nd round.

Rivers' 2015 cap number is $15.7 million, and they can franchise him in 2016 for a little more than that (the 2015 franchise number for QB's being a little over $17 mill). The LA talk is a pipedream, and they can negotiate an extension with him in the meantime.

Keep him, win now.