Sign in to follow this  
jocstrap

Can you walk around naked in your house

We are adding on to our house, and I have to walk through our new living room to get to our new bedroom. We don't have blinds up yet, and the whole freakin neighborhood from the creek greenway can see my 10 incher:)Ok maybe exagerrating a little. Not to mention my neighbors - Thing is, I don't give a fock, b/c I have 3 kids, been married a long time, and simply don't care.

Can my neighbors call the cops legally?

I can't imagine that you could get in trouble for what you do in your own house, as long as it's not against the law. I hope that's the case, as I often walk around naked in my home, windows open, not really caring.

So you want to sit on your front porch brandishing a loaded rifle, then go inside and walk around naked in front of the windows and your children? Is the pressure at work getting to you, my friend? :shocking:

So you want to sit on your front porch brandishing a loaded rifle, then go inside and walk around naked in front of the windows and your children? Is the pressure at work getting to you, my friend? :shocking:

Ha, nice memory - walking around naked is all I'm guilty of. My kids are in bed when I take my shower. I have more class than that. Simple questions my friend!

Yes, you can. As long as you're not intentionally exposing yourself to the public.

If there are complaints, however, you may have the Police come over and ask you to be more discreet and threaten to charge you with indecent exposure if there are future complaints.

A few months ago, I remember hearing about a case where a man was arrested for cooking breakfast in his house naked. Seems that a mother was walking her child to school, both looked in his window, and saw him naked. They called the cops, and the man was arrested and charged. I haven't heard what the ruling was.

A few months ago, I remember hearing about a case where a man was arrested for cooking breakfast in his house naked. Seems that a mother was walking her child to school, both looked in his window, and saw him naked. They called the cops, and the man was arrested and charged. I haven't heard what the ruling was.

Was he cooking Eggs Benedict? :unsure:

Yes, you can. As long as you're not intentionally exposing yourself to the public.

By not having blinds/curtains, I think the law does look at that as intentional. They will, and have, cited people for this same issue.

This was a story around here last year...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-6006155-504083.html

Erick Williamson Convicted for Drinking Coffee Naked In His Own House!

FAIRFAX, Va. (CBS/AP) In the privacy of his own home, Erick Williamson likes to drink his morning coffee in the buff, a fact that got several of his suburban Virginia neighbors steamed.

Now, a jury of his fully-clothed peers has convicted Williamson of indecent exposure because two women said they saw him naked while walking by the windows of his house in October. He received neither jail time nor a fine, but is appealing anyway, saying a larger principle is at stake.

"I think that being tried and found guilty of something like this is outrageous," said the single father after he was convicted and sentenced. "I feel like I'm living in a fishbowl."

Williamson testified that he never intended to expose himself and was simply exercising "personal freedom" as he spent several hours naked in his Springfield home packing up belongings.

Police, prosecutors and two witnesses, though, said Williamson's actions were designed to draw attention to himself.

The first woman, school librarian Joyce Giuliani, said she heard some loud singing as she left her home and drove to work. As she drove by Williamson's home, she saw him naked, standing directly behind a large picture window.

A few hours later, Yvette Dean was walking her 7-year-old son to school along a trail that runs by Williamson's home.

She heard a loud rattle, looked to her left and saw Williamson standing naked, full frontal, in a side doorway.

"He gave me eye contact," Dean said, but otherwise made no gestures toward her or her son.

As she turned the corner, she looked back at the home, in disbelief at what she had just seen. Again, she saw Williamson, naked in the same picture window.

One of Williamson's housemates testified that Williamson had been nude well before dawn. Timothy Baclit said that he woke up around 5 a.m. to go to work and saw Williamson walking around "naked ... with a hard hat."

He said he warned Williamson that he would be visible to passersby, but that Williamson did not respond.

Williamson, 29, said the conversation with Baclit never occurred and that he never noticed that two women had seen him. He said "it did not occur to me" that people outside the home might see him naked.

Regardless of whether he was seen, Williamson's conduct does not constitute indecent exposure, said his attorney, Dickson Young.

Under Virginia law, the charge requires "an obscene display or exposure" and must occur in "a public place or a place where others are present."

Young argued that neither condition had been met.

"Mere nudity is insufficient to declare conduct obscene," Young said, noting that none of the women testified that Williamson was aroused or that he made any sort of obscene gesture. "Nudity in one's own home is not a crime."

Fairfax County Prosecutor Marc Birnbaum said the witness testimony shows that he intended to expose himself to the women by making himself visible for extended periods of time and drawing attention to himself by making rattling noises and singing.

"No one deserves to see it, certainly not a young child," Birnbaum said.

Birnbaum sought jail time for Williamson, but General District Judge Ian M. O'Flaherty imposed only a suspended sentence, meaning that Williamson will serve no jail time if he keeps out of trouble.

If Williamson follows through on his plans to appeal, though, a circuit court judge could impose a tougher punishment, technically up to a year in jail.

Williamson's Oct. 24 arrest received national attention and spurred debate about the boundaries of acceptable nudity.

Kent Willis, director of the Virginia chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union, said there is no line that defines what is acceptable in these types of cases.

"How you define public and private space depends on the behavior that's taking place," Willis said. He said that if the case is pursued through appellate courts, it could potentially provide more clarity on what constitutes indecent exposure in Virginia.

Williamson, a commercial diver who has since moved out of Fairfax County, said he was shocked by the verdict. He suggested after the hearing that he was the victim of a double standard.

"If I was looking in her window, I think we'd be having a whole different conversation," he said.

This was a story around here last year...

This was a DC local story. The fact is the guy was a weirdo, hippy, pervert and was damn lucky he did not wind up in jail. I believe they let him go with a suggestion to move-on to a different locale. Which, he did.

Just put a bit of wax paper up.

don't ask me how I know this

:music_guitarred:

"If I was looking in her window, I think we'd be having a whole different conversation," he said.

Now, that's the problem. If he was looking in her window, he be in jail for that too. Fock the people that say you can't walk around naked in your own home. That's ludicrous.

On a side not, our society and there hangup on nudity is stupid beyond belief. You've seen one, you've seen them all.

I would, but the laughing gets on my nerves...:thumbsdown:

Yes :pointstosky:

I have four sons, so it doesn't bother me in the least ... although my oldest (11) now screams in horror if he sees me in the nude.

One of my favorite jokes is if I'm out of underwear when I get out of the shower. On the way to the laundry room I announce "I'm going to work now!" Inevitably one of the twins (5) will say "Dad, you forgot to put your clothes on!" To which I respond "Oh yeah :doh: "