Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

++ June PPR: Rounds 5 - 6 Commentary ++

6.06 - Pierre Thomas - It is safe to say that the Saints are gonna put up a bunch of points this year, and that they are gonna pass the ball to do so. Exit Sproles and Moore and 150 targets are at play. Take into consideration that the other two rb's on the team have accounted for 24 total receptions ever and you can safely conclude that Pierre might catch a bunch of passes again this year. He had his most carries ever last season and his ypc was down, but he still averages 4.6 per carry for his carreer. I have Thomas projected for 1100 combined, with 75 receptions, and 7 td's. He totaled 1053 combined, with 77receptions, and 5 Td's in 2013......w/Sproles. He should be a steady #3 Rb in a ppr format.

They really really like Khirley ( sp ) and Ingram has developed into a nice hammer.. Finally . They said in Camp, Cooks will pick up Sproles catches. Thomas was a great fill in last year but l am not crazy about him this year. It may be just my opinion, but I like to look for potential studs in this part of the draft. Not potential steady.

You might have missed the boat then. The Jets were 29th in scoring last year with 290 points, while the Saints scored 414. There are times, in my opinion, when selecting the player on the high scoring high powered offense makes more sense than selecting the player on the poor offense. It won't matter much because, as most projections go, these two are dead even. I like the fact that the Saints removed players and the Jets added. The pieces of pie mean more scoring opps for Pierre, and less for Johnson.

Khiry and Ingram don't factor into the passing game at all.

If you know me from the site you know I am just being objective. I would much rather have cj's upside. Hopefully we can make a league out of this mock and we will all see who speculated correctly. peirre will never get the respect he deserves in NO. They are always desperately trying to replace him.

If you know me from the site you know I am just being objective. I would much rather have cj's upside. Hopefully we can make a league out of this mock and we will all see who speculated correctly. peirre will never get the respect he deserves in NO. They are always desperately trying to replace him.

.....and that is what didn't happen this year. They removed Sproles and extended Pierre. The other two don't factor into the passing game at all. An objective observation might also be the Jets have no offense but can punt. I feel CJ got paid, then lost all motivation to play in Tennessee. we are having a league according to Dan.

I was curious of your projections for the two.

I have Johnson with 1350 combined, 35 receptions, and 8 Td's.........226pts.

I have Thomas with 1100 combined, 75 receptions, and 7 Td's.........227pts.

Last year for comparison:

Johnson - 1422 combined, 42 receptions, and 10 Td's ..........244pts.

Thomas - 1062 combined, 77 receptions, and 5 Td's ...........213pts.

It's slow and we have time so I figured we could go deeper. Good discussion!!

Well. I pick before me and 2 players I really want here. Let's see

Believe it or not I think the jets will be explosive this year.. CJ was ranked 9th last year

I'm curious on the basis for the term explosion?

5090 yards and 290 points last year (2013).

4787 yards and 281 points the year before (2012).

In 2011 they did score 377 points on 4989 yards.

As point of reference the median points scored last season was 379, and the median yardage right at about 5575. That was Cardinal/Steeler territory.

Sniped!

It may have been a homer pick, but Reggie Wayne was a sneaky great pick. He was my pick at 6.10. So thanks a bunch.

Good pick Dan ... Remote the jets will be a running team with a lot of dump off passes...

Not mine. It was stolen from me. :(

The Pats are hard to project. You just never know. Brady lost his top 6 receivers last year and still won with the new ones he created. I swear Belichek just laughs at us week to week. I don't feel Julian will hit 105 catch level again this year, or even 100, but Brady will find the guy that stays healthy and this pick cannot be questioned in the 6th.

The Pats are hard to project. You just never know. Brady lost his top 6 receivers last year and still won with the new ones he created. I swear Belichek just laughs at us week to week. I don't feel Julian will hit 105 catch level again this year, or even 100, but Brady will find the guy that stays healthy and this pick cannot be questioned in the 6th.

Yeah I honestly have no freaking idea what the Pats are going to do, but I still think Edelman will catch a ton of 3 yard bubble screens.

Why do I love him so much lol

well torrey smith was the other guy i was deciding on but there is a little group of WRs that i like so figured id wait.

I wanted to pull the trigger on Torrey. He has a better situation this year. With old guy on the other side and guy I didn't mention raising hell in the middle, he should have some cleaner looks at the ball. His target completion ratio needs help.

;)

I'm not a huge Torrey Smith fan, as I think he's a lot like the basketball player who is unable to create his own shot. He showed tremendous promise while Boldin was in Baltimore, but last year was only good. I think that, with the addition of some old guy and the guy remote DID NOT just mention, it favors his play style, and he'll be better than last year. Can't stand the Ravens - it's like part of the code - but Smith will likely have another good year, and probably 10-20% better than last year.