Sign in to follow this  
BunnysBastatrds

Sherman Is A Thug And A Dooshbag

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/seahawks-cornerback-richard-sherman-equates-being-called-thug-220454551--nfl.html

Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman can understand why he is disliked for being overconfident. It does not bother him to know his actions sometimes rub opposing players and fans the wrong way. He can even tolerate being called a villain.

One label Sherman has received since his recent tirade is difficult for him to accept.

“Richard Sherman is a thug.”

Sherman created a firestorm of criticism after his postgame tirade on Sunday. The cornerback lashed out at San Francisco’s Michael Crabtree during his television interview, yelling, insulting, and mocking the 49ers receiver. The way Sherman handled that situation has been critiqued by everyone from Patriots quarterback Tom Brady to people who do not follow football, but watched the interview on local news.

(USA TODAY Sports)

In Sherman’s view, calling him a "thug" is a subtle way to communicate another racist label.

“The only reason it bothers me is because it seems like it’s the accepted way of calling somebody the n-word nowadays,” Sherman said. “It’s like everyone else said the n-word, and then they say thug and that’s fine. That’s where it kind of takes me back. It’s kind of disappointing because they know. What’s the definition of a thug? Really?”

Sherman previously expressed his disappointment with the high amount of racist feedback he received after Sunday’s postgame interview.

As a result of the criticism of Sherman, Hank Aaron, who previously received death threats as he was about to break Babe Ruth’s home run record, publicly supported the embattled NFL player on Twitter.

@HenryLouisAaron Thank you very much for your support it is greatly appreciated and very humbling

In Sherman’s view, his actions may have been over the top, but he does not understand why some people view him as a thug.

“Maybe I’m talking loudly and doing something … talking like I’m not supposed to, but there was a hockey game when they didn’t even play hockey,” Sherman said. “They threw the puck aside and started fighting. I saw that and said, ‘Oh man, I’m the thug? What’s going on here?’ Geez. I’m really disappointed in being called a thug.”

Sherman is referring to a recent NHL game between Vancouver and Calgary. As soon as the puck was dropped, a brawl erupted between the players on ice. Canucks coach John Tortorella was suspended for 15 days without pay for an altercation in the hallway outside Calgary’s dressing room during the first intermission, while Flames coach Bob Hartley was fined $25,000 for not controlling his players.

Some have called Sherman a villain, which is a label he does not agree with. However he does not view that tag as racist.

“I don’t think I’m a villain,” Sherman said. “I think people always say the old cliché, don’t judge a book by its cover, but they’re judging a book by its cover. They’re judging me off the football field, on the football field, during the game, right after the game, and they’re not judging me for who I am. If I had gotten arrested 10 times, or committed all these crimes, or gotten suspended for fighting off the field, and done all that, then I could accept being a villain. I’ve done nothing villainous."

In Sherman’s view, he has not done anything thuggish either

What a fawking crybabay. You're that guy never shuts up and then crys all the time because nobody understands you.You acted like a thug Sunday. Own up to the fact that your mouth is just like diarrhea. It keeps on running.

Got knows what ignorance we would all spout when confronted with a sea of microphones. The guy plays with emotion and it spills out. I am willing not to listen.

Since the interview after the game, he's become my new favorite player. :thumbsup:

Got knows what ignorance we would all spout when confronted with a sea of microphones. The guy plays with emotion and it spills out. I am willing not to listen.

His interview after the game was scripted by him and nothing more than self promotion. It was a team win, not a Sherman win. He wanted to be a household name and he got it. He knows he rubs people the wrong way. Man up to your act and stop whinning like a poosay when people judge you because of it.

I wouldn't want him on my team. I hope they run that crossing route play with Welker over the middle on the first play of the game,

His interview after the game was scripted by him and nothing more than self promotion. It was a team win, not a Sherman win. He wanted to be a household name and he got it. He knows he rubs people the wrong way. Man up to your act and stop whinning like a poosay when people judge you because of it.

I wouldn't want him on my team. I hope they run that crossing route play with Welker over the middle on the first play of the game,

This.

What a self serving fockhead. I hope he tears his ACL so badly that it stops his heart.

Im focking with ya. He is one of the reasons why people who actually do experience racism have such a hard time getting people to believe them. If you play the racecard when it is not a case of racism it becomes a boy who cried wolf situation.

This. He's a smart guy who understands that to be a household name as a defensive player you have to stand apart. He chose this as his route to that fame/infamy.

I don't think he's a "thug". He grew up with two involved parents, got straight A's and went to Stanford. He is where he is because he spent most of his life avoiding the thugs.

You want to sell yourself as the best? Great. But you don't need to trash the competition; as somebody said in another thread, that's about the dumbest thing you can do. If Crabtree is so "sorry", you really shouldn't be crowing about being able to cover him. And maybe some mention of your teammate who actually finished the play might be a nice touch.

Enough of this sh!t. Why is everyone so focused on one focking CB? Move on

Exactly

I was digging Sherman in all of this until he pulled the race card. Face it Richard, you were thuggy that night.

But to stir the pot, I heard speculation that the (white) viewing public was turned off by the surprised look on the pretty white girl's face.

I was digging Sherman in all of this until he pulled the race card. Face it Richard, you were thuggy that night.

But to stir the pot, I heard speculation that the (white) viewing public was turned off by the surprised look on the pretty white girl's face.

One of the dumb announcers after the game said he "scared" Erin Richards. No he didn't. She wasn't scared, she was disgusted. As well she should have been.

Anyway, time to move on. Sherman's a LOOK AT MEEEEE doosh and that's really all there is to say about it.

One of the dumb announcers after the game said he "scared" Erin Richards. No he didn't. She wasn't scared, she was disgusted. As well she should have been.

Anyway, time to move on. Sherman's a LOOK AT MEEEEE doosh and that's really all there is to say about it.

I think she was hoping to get raped.

Both he and Crabtree come off looking stupid.

Even worse now playing the race card.

This wasn't the first time he was a dbag on camera.....and it won't be the last.

Who fukking cares that he went to Stanford. :rolleyes:

On point one, you're right.

On the second, he didn't just go to Stanford. We all know that a special athlete can get into most schools. But he graduated, on time. Working on post-graduate studies. IMO, makes his behavior look even more self serving.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/seahawks-cornerback-richard-sherman-equates-being-called-thug-220454551--nfl.html

Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman can understand why he is disliked for being overconfident. It does not bother him to know his actions sometimes rub opposing players and fans the wrong way. He can even tolerate being called a villain.

One label Sherman has received since his recent tirade is difficult for him to accept.

Richard Sherman is a thug.

Sherman created a firestorm of criticism after his postgame tirade on Sunday. The cornerback lashed out at San Franciscos Michael Crabtree during his television interview, yelling, insulting, and mocking the 49ers receiver. The way Sherman handled that situation has been critiqued by everyone from Patriots quarterback Tom Brady to people who do not follow football, but watched the interview on local news.

(USA TODAY Sports)

In Shermans view, calling him a "thug" is a subtle way to communicate another racist label.

The only reason it bothers me is because it seems like its the accepted way of calling somebody the n-word nowadays, Sherman said. Its like everyone else said the n-word, and then they say thug and thats fine. Thats where it kind of takes me back. Its kind of disappointing because they know. Whats the definition of a thug? Really?

Sherman previously expressed his disappointment with the high amount of racist feedback he received after Sundays postgame interview.

As a result of the criticism of Sherman, Hank Aaron, who previously received death threats as he was about to break Babe Ruths home run record, publicly supported the embattled NFL player on Twitter.

@HenryLouisAaron Thank you very much for your support it is greatly appreciated and very humbling

In Shermans view, his actions may have been over the top, but he does not understand why some people view him as a thug.

Maybe Im talking loudly and doing something talking like Im not supposed to, but there was a hockey game when they didnt even play hockey, Sherman said. They threw the puck aside and started fighting. I saw that and said, Oh man, Im the thug? Whats going on here? Geez. Im really disappointed in being called a thug.

Sherman is referring to a recent NHL game between Vancouver and Calgary. As soon as the puck was dropped, a brawl erupted between the players on ice. Canucks coach John Tortorella was suspended for 15 days without pay for an altercation in the hallway outside Calgarys dressing room during the first intermission, while Flames coach Bob Hartley was fined $25,000 for not controlling his players.

Some have called Sherman a villain, which is a label he does not agree with. However he does not view that tag as racist.

I dont think Im a villain, Sherman said. I think people always say the old cliché, dont judge a book by its cover, but theyre judging a book by its cover. Theyre judging me off the football field, on the football field, during the game, right after the game, and theyre not judging me for who I am. If I had gotten arrested 10 times, or committed all these crimes, or gotten suspended for fighting off the field, and done all that, then I could accept being a villain. Ive done nothing villainous."

In Shermans view, he has not done anything thuggish either

What a fawking crybabay. You're that guy never shuts up and then crys all the time because nobody understands you.You acted like a thug Sunday. Own up to the fact that your mouth is just like diarrhea. It keeps on running.

Geez still not over the Saints beat down. Get some help.

This.

What a self serving fockhead. I hope he tears his ACL so badly that it stops his heart.

Sherman is better at life than you.

Geez still not over the Saints beat down. Get some help.

Beat down? Your QB was 9-18 passing. The can shaking 12th grannies were more efficient than Tom Hanks buddy.

I thought Erin handled it well enough

I think she handled it perfectly. Rolled her eyes and asked a follow-up question to point out what a focking dumbsh!t he was being. :wub:

I think she was hoping to get raped.

or at least spied on from a peephole camera while doing but flexes in front of the mirror.

:first:

Skips tired act is 1000X worse than Shermans act could ever be.

I may not be a Seahawk fan, but I sure respect the hell out of them.

My nostrils>Sherman's

Google- Sherman Google Image Google

please understand, i do not have cable television. without a cable box you can't get reception to watch television so my only info about this situation has been through the internet.

why are people upset about this? an athlete says he's great after making a great play and because a guy on the opposing team didn't shake his hand he trash talked him.

he didn't call crabtree a bad name, he didn't curse, he simply said that he was the best or whatever he said. it reminds me of muhammad ali. isn't that behavior normal for an athlete?

why the uproar?? most post-game interviews are darn boring. why is he being called a thug??? why are you all saying you don't want him on your team?? are you serious??

please understand, i do not have cable television. without a cable box you can't get reception to watch television so my only info about this situation has been through the internet.

why are people upset about this? an athlete says he's great after making a great play and because a guy on the opposing team didn't shake his hand he trash talked him.

he didn't call crabtree a bad name, he didn't curse, he simply said that he was the best or whatever he said. it reminds me of muhammad ali. isn't that behavior normal for an athlete?

why the uproar?? most post-game interviews are darn boring. why is he being called a thug??? why are you all saying you don't want him on your team?? are you serious??

why ask why

too much apologizing going on in this country.

we've gotten too soft.

nothing wrong with what he said.

muhammad ali and what's his name, prime time did more.

smart move on his part. if he performs well in the super-bowl he'll make himself a very rich man.

I figured it wouldn't be long before Sherman became the victim. Poor guy just can't get any breaks with the white man beating him down.

:rolleyes:

too much apologizing going on in this country.

we've gotten too soft.

nothing wrong with what he said.

muhammad ali and what's his name, prime time did more.

smart move on his part. if he performs well in the super-bowl he'll make himself a very rich man.

Yes.

Slapping Crabtree on the butt and getting in his face immediately as the game ended was classless, as was screaming like a buffoon about how Crabtree is mediocre and continuing it in the post game press conference. :dunno:

I figured it wouldn't be long before Sherman became the victim. Poor guy just can't get any breaks with the white man beating him down.

:rolleyes:

This. What a focking jerkoff ass hole. The guy is such a dooshbag that opponents want to punch him in the head. He's the only player in the NFL that feels the need to campaign so that people will say he's the best at his position. Just a buffoon.