Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

Abortion rights now called reproductive justice.

You're the one p!ssed someone came to their senses and voted Conservative. Don't worry sister, them womens be a marchin for yo vajayjay rights. :lol:

I am? Since when? Seriously dude, strike three. I suggest you buy a clue.

When do they declare an inmate dead during an execution? No heartbeat or pulse. Should the same apply to when someone (baby) is considered a life?

Nah. To me the test should be at what point that inmate can survive is he is released from the electric chair/noose/etc. Same with a fetus. It's life when it's able to survive on it's own. I have no problem with a ban on late term abortions. With a few health-related exceptions.

Nah. To me the test should be at what point that inmate can survive is he is released from the electric chair/noose/etc. Same with a fetus. It's life when it's able to survive on it's own. I have no problem with a ban on late term abortions. With a few health-related exceptions.

Uh.........so toddlers, people on life support, special needs don't qualify as living to you?

New HHS Secretary is against mandating insurance coverage for birth control. So it's not all about defunding PP.

When birth control is made widely accessible, teenage pregnancies dropped. Seems like a good thing....unless you're an impractical ideologue.

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2016/11/tom-price-not-one-woman-cant-afford-birth-control/509003/

I have a moral stance and an evolved political stance that are basically polar opposites. At a certain point you have to come to the conclusion that below average people struggle to control their own destiny. That is a fact of life, of socioeconomics, of competition. That said, putting the bumpers up on the bowling lane isn't a right, or justice. It is charity. We should be a charitable people who help our fellow neighbors, but it is also a two way street with the understanding that charity should exist as a bridge to cross a hurdle and continue on.

Another fact of life is that everyone is the hero of their own story. And reality will be constructed in minds of people that put them as the virtuous, deserving protagonist.

A generation ago you would hear about people being too proud to accept charity. That self esteem was within, and innate, and charity was taken when there was no other choice to cross the proverbial hurdle.

I take bigger issue with the mindset than the laws. Let people act responsibly. Allow a period of time after pregnancy as a safety net to correct a bad decision. Allow people access to BC that contributes to good decision making. Have access to clinics that can diagnose a small issue early rather than a serious one later.

But lets not delude ourselves into thinking a late term abortion is a right. That going to a pharmacy and walking off with whatever you need without paying for it is a right. it is charity and it should be humbling, and the mindset should be to get to a point where you control your own destiny. This country was founded on the concept of personal freedom. That is precisely why its great.

I understand the politcal angle. That by calling an issue an american human right that is being neglected is a much stronger sell that saying we should boost charity because it is a morally good thing to do. But there are laws of intended consequences for lots of things and the mindset being engrained by this angle has lasting effects

Uh.........so toddlers, people on life support, special needs don't qualify as living to you?

'Scientific' abortion arguments are made of dry beach sand. Falls apart with a light breeze.

Must be those unicorn newborns who can survive all on their own. Being attached to a placenta vs being attached to a mothers nipple every couple hours. Like there is a difference being on an IV machine, vs getting regular injections. Its just a rationalization.

Lets use the same framework for a potential issue in the future. Lets say fresh water supply is fixed or declining, or food production. We have a situation where population growth is exceeding resources and we have to make decisions. By the abortion rationale, you'd have to define life in some way that would maximize the greater good. Maybe you define life at a certain age or ability to produce. Maybe the elderly fall outside of it, or special needs, or whatever else. The point is you would again be rationalizing whatever that definition is to ration resources.

New HHS Secretary is against mandating insurance coverage for birth control. So it's not all about defunding PP.

When birth control is made widely accessible, teenage pregnancies dropped. Seems like a good thing....unless you're an impractical ideologue.

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2016/11/tom-price-not-one-woman-cant-afford-birth-control/509003/

If that is true then that changes things for me.

OMG, you might be the dumbest fock I've ever seen. :doh:

OMG, you might be the dumbest fock I've ever seen. :doh:

"It's life when it's able to survive on it's own"

Your words moron. You just spew sh!t to support your agenda then someone calls you on it then you tilt. Think before you debate something sunshine.

:lol:

Serious question Wiff, since you are an accountant and I acknowledge I may be missing some procedural thing: PP brings in money, some part of which is from the government. PP provides services, some of which include abortions. How can you say that government money doesn't go to abortions? Perhaps stated another way: if the government tomorrow stopped funding PP, would they definitively invest the exact same amount into abortions and cut back 100% from other programs, or might they cut a little from some? How can anyone say that? :dunno:

Have you ever worked for a company that had separate divisions?

Imagine working for a company like General Electric which has both Government military And Civilian divisions. The government military divisions have to keep very strict Chinese walls and very different accounting Then their civilian counterparts.

"It's life when it's able to survive on it's own"

Your words moron. You just spew sh!t to support your agenda then someone calls you on it then you tilt. Think before you debate something sunshine.

:lol:

If you're too dumb to understand that, then I'm not going to waste time trying to make you any smarter. Again... :doh:

Oh, and when I'm posting at you, it's not a debate. It's an attempt at educating you. But much like that fetus we're talking about, you're not quite there yet. :lol:

If you're too dumb to understand that, then I'm not going to waste time trying to make you any smarter. Again... :doh:

Oh, and when I'm posting at you, it's not a debate. It's an attempt at educating you. But much like that fetus we're talking about, you're not quite there yet. :lol:

Ah the enlightened leftist can't be bothered to put together a valid argument. A life, even as worthless as yours is quatified as being the same as another. You want to try again on that thought?

I'll accept your concession sunshine.

I have a moral stance and an evolved political stance that are basically polar opposites. At a certain point you have to come to the conclusion that below average people struggle to control their own destiny. That is a fact of life, of socioeconomics, of competition. That said, putting the bumpers up on the bowling lane isn't a right, or justice. It is charity. We should be a charitable people who help our fellow neighbors, but it is also a two way street with the understanding that charity should exist as a bridge to cross a hurdle and continue on.

Another fact of life is that everyone is the hero of their own story. And reality will be constructed in minds of people that put them as the virtuous, deserving protagonist.

A generation ago you would hear about people being too proud to accept charity. That self esteem was within, and innate, and charity was taken when there was no other choice to cross the proverbial hurdle.

I take bigger issue with the mindset than the laws. Let people act responsibly. Allow a period of time after pregnancy as a safety net to correct a bad decision. Allow people access to BC that contributes to good decision making. Have access to clinics that can diagnose a small issue early rather than a serious one later.

But lets not delude ourselves into thinking a late term abortion is a right. That going to a pharmacy and walking off with whatever you need without paying for it is a right. it is charity and it should be humbling, and the mindset should be to get to a point where you control your own destiny. This country was founded on the concept of personal freedom. That is precisely why its great.

I understand the politcal angle. That by calling an issue an american human right that is being neglected is a much stronger sell that saying we should boost charity because it is a morally good thing to do. But there are laws of intended consequences for lots of things and the mindset being engrained by this angle has lasting effects

This is good.

Not making any accusations here, but did you actually write that yourself?

It seems too well done for the average geek.

Kudos either way.

Ah the enlightened leftist can't be bothered to put together a valid argument. A life, even as worthless as yours is quatified as being the same as another. You want to try again on that thought?

I'll accept your concession sunshine.

It's very hard arguing with a tree stump. You simply are too dumb to argue with. I tried. :wacko: :unsure:

This is good.

Not making any accusations here, but did you actually write that yourself?

It seems too well done for the average geek.

Kudos either way.

:banana:

Thanks

This is disingenuous and intellectually dishonest. Can a 5 year old or a 10 year old survive on its own? Half the kids who graduate college can't survive on their own.

Is every woman you ever had a relationship with sitting right next to you when you comment, making you fearful of having thoughts of men? Yours are the words of a guy with a girlfriend. This is how Worms talked before he got married, desperate not to portray any genuine male feelings so his girlfriend wouldn't find out he's normal and leave him for a gym trainer. Men are protectors of life. You are a protector. It's a characteristic of a man...innate. If your gf gets offended by you wanting to protect life, she was likely going to find another reason to be offended anyway. It would be wise to seek professional counsel for the wounds you carry regarding the relationships with females in your past that didn't go according to the mental construct you built with your unrealistic or unmet expectations.

This is disingenuous and intellectually dishonest. Can a 5 year old or a 10 year old survive on its own? Half the kids who graduate college can't survive on their own.

Is every woman you ever had a relationship with sitting right next to you when you comment, making you fearful of having thoughts of men? Yours are the words of a guy with a girlfriend. This is how Worms talked before he got married, desperate not to portray any genuine male feelings so his girlfriend wouldn't find out he's normal and leave him for a gym trainer. Men are protectors of life. You are a protector. It's a characteristic of a man...innate. If your gf gets offended by you wanting to protect life, she was likely going to find another reason to be offended anyway. It would be wise to seek professional counsel for the wounds you carry regarding the relationships with females in your past that didn't go according to the mental construct you built with your unrealistic or unmet expectations.

Wait. Worms was a bigger puzzy than he is now? Wow.

Lol You and Fernandez should get together. I'm not talking about the need to be fed or clothed. At a certain point (I'm guessing around 20 weeks) a fetus has a chance of living if it's delivered early. With incubators, tubes, etc. It is now a viable, free form of life. It's at that point that I no longer believe in abortion. Unless delivery has a good chance of killing the mother, etc. Rare circumstances.

Lol You and Fernandez should get together. I'm not talking about the need to be fed or clothed. At a certain point (I'm guessing around 20 weeks) a fetus has a chance of living if it's delivered early. With incubators, tubes, etc. It is now a viable, free form of life. It's at that point that I no longer believe in abortion. Unless delivery has a good chance of killing the mother, etc. Rare circumstances.

Why is that the cutoff point? Is it generally believed that it's less humane to abort after 20 weeks? If so, why exactly?

Why is that the cutoff point? Is it generally believed that it's less humane to abort after 20 weeks? If so, why exactly?

Would you be happier if I said 16 weeks? Or 22 weeks? There's long been a debate as to when the fetus is technically 'life'. I say it's when it can still be life without being attached to mom.

These abortion debates are as dumb as all the other debates on here. Everyone has there opinion and they're not open to change it. I am pro-choice and always will be. The hell if I'd ever want the government to make a personal decision like that for my daughter. And abortions still happened before they were legal. They'd never be able to stop them. Just the safeness and cleanliness of the procedure. Of all the political/social debates, abortion is by far the dumbest.

Nobody ever changes their opinion? I read some real stupid shite around here, that's for sure

Because if you are going to argue abortion is a human right, you have to dehumanize the act as best you can. The same types of arguments were made to justify slavery

Instead of weighing both sides and coming to some sense of a conclusion on it, the far left wants to make it as one sided as possible, like its restraining someone from picking their nose

Nobody ever changes their opinion? I read some real stupid shite around here, that's for sure

Not counting you, flipper

Would you be happier if I said 16 weeks? Or 22 weeks? There's long been a debate as to when the fetus is technically 'life'. I say it's when it can still be life without being attached to mom.

These abortion debates are as dumb as all the other debates on here. Everyone has there opinion and they're not open to change it. I am pro-choice and always will be. The hell if I'd ever want the government to make a personal decision like that for my daughter. And abortions still happened before they were legal. They'd never be able to stop them. Just the safeness and cleanliness of the procedure. Of all the political/social debates, abortion is by far the dumbest.

There is no real debate, if you want to get scientific, life begins when cell replication commences which is conception. The debate you refer to is just a social construct... That said i agree completely with you, there is no choice given where we are as a society.

I don't care which week you choose. I just asked why you believe 20 weeks is the right cutoff.

I'm neither anti or pro abortion. I think it's an awful choice for a human being to face.

I do think our society has a lot of trouble coming to grips with what abortion really is though.

As a result, we construct parameters designed to make us feel better about it.

At 10 weeks or 20 weeks, it's simply the termination of a human life.

I don't care which week you choose. I just asked why you believe 20 weeks is the right cutoff.

I'm neither anti or pro abortion. I think it's an awful choice for a human being to face.

I do think our society has a lot of trouble coming to grips with what abortion really is though.

No matter when it's terminated, it's Definetly extinguishing the possibility of life.

Yet they fight to keep criminals alive. Better to keep them alive then parole them so they take more innocent lives. And if someone replies "it's more costly to execute that person than keeping them in jail for life" you're doing it wrong.

No matter when it's terminated, it's Definetly extinguishing the possibility of life.

That's the point of having one. It's a possible baby that the woman doesn't want. Maybe for financial reasons, maybe she's no longer with the father, maybe she's a college student, maybe she has a career path that this unwanted pregnancy will interfere with. Many reasons. And it's absolutely none of my business what the woman across the street decides. Do some use abortion as a fall back and act careless? I'm sure. But there are millions of mistakes made every year by people on birth control. It's just such an arrogant thought that stuffy white shirts on capital hill think that they can go into homes and make these kinds of decisions. Laughable. And it's pointless to debate. It'll never become illegal now that it's legal.

It's not about the legality of it, it's about the funding of it. HTH

It's not about the legality of it, it's about the funding of it. HTH

It really doesn't make much difference. It's pay me now or pay me later. I bet there's an extremely high percentage of welfare families who get abortions. I guess the gov't can decide to stop paying for the abortions and wait to pay the additional welfare. hth