Sign in to follow this  
Patriotsfatboy1

2019 Rock & Roll HOF inductees

Here is the list of inductees. Comment away!

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has officially announced next year’s inductees: Radiohead, Janet Jackson, Stevie Nicks, Def Leppard, The Cure, Roxy Music and the Zombies will all join the class of 2019.

Roxy Music is the really the only one of these I would have let in at this point in time, and even they should be down the list IMO.

Here is the list of inductees. Comment away!

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has officially announced next year’s inductees: Radiohead, Janet Jackson, Stevie Nicks, Def Leppard, The Cure, Roxy Music and the Zombies will all join the class of 2019.

Radiohead? God no

Not sure how Stevie Nicks is in there as a solo artist now. It seems like her solo discography is a little light. :dunno:

I know right? I'm a fan of hers but she's not deserving as a solo artist IMO. Plus she's already in via F.M.

According to Wikipedia, she has eight solo albums...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevie_Nicks_discography

Look at them, though. Half are re-release of songs and only the first 3 had a couple of decent songs. She may have 5-6 good songs out there with a couple of them being duets with the song written by someone else.

Not sure how Stevie Nicks is in there as a solo artist now. It seems like her solo discography is a little light. :dunno:

First female to get in twice. :thumbsup:

The Zombies arent in yet? Wtf.

I'm still not sold on The Zombies, even though "Time of the Season" is in my top 100 songs of all time.

From the same time period I'd put Tommy James & The Shondells way ahead of them.

Radiohead? God no

I've heard you leave a drunken voicemail, yet this here is easily the dumbest thing I know of you ever having said.

I've heard you leave a drunken voicemail, yet this here is easily the dumbest thing I know of you ever having said.

"Anyways, the point is that Radiohead are clearly an average band, and not even close to being the GOAT. Radiohead fans tend to fit one more of the following descriptions: skinny, nerdy, or loserly. And because they are one or more of those, they feel compelled to make themselves feel superior to other humans in at least one way (since, in just about everything else, they are inferior). And to do that, many of them claim to like obscure and trashy music to seem 'smart' for liking music that is hard to digest. Most music that is hard to digest is hard to digest for this reason: it's bad."

pretty much sums it up for me :banana:

• Like 1

"

Anyways, the point is that Radiohead are clearly an average band, and not even close to being the GOAT. Radiohead fans tend to fit one more of the following descriptions: skinny, nerdy, or loserly. And because they are one or more of those, they feel compelled to make themselves feel superior to other humans in at least one way (since, in just about everything else, they are inferior). And to do that, many of them claim to like obscure and trashy music to seem 'smart' for liking music that is hard to digest. Most music that is hard to digest is hard to digest for this reason: it's bad."

Yep. Radiohead blows

"Anyways, the point is that Radiohead are clearly an average band, and not even close to being the GOAT. Radiohead fans tend to fit one more of the following descriptions: skinny, nerdy, or loserly. And because they are one or more of those, they feel compelled to make themselves feel superior to other humans in at least one way (since, in just about everything else, they are inferior). And to do that, many of them claim to like obscure and trashy music to seem 'smart' for liking music that is hard to digest. Most music that is hard to digest is hard to digest for this reason: it's bad."

In a lot of ways, its a next generation version of Rush fans.

Devo snubbed again? :mad:

they can stand in line behind....

Jethro Tull

Bad Company

Thin Lizzy

Deep Purple

Kansas

Blue Oyster Cult

Styx

Grand Funk

Supertramp

UFO

Pat Benatar

King Crimson

Emerson, Lake & Palmer

Procal Harum

Scorpions

Iron Maiden

Steppenwolf

Doobie Brothers

The Guess Who

Three Dog Night

Uriah Heep

the list goes on and on....

:nono:

I'm just meh on Rush, and cant stand Radiohead, but I think the fanbases are quite similar. From a "if you don't like the band its probably because you aren't smart enough to" standpoint.

A few who are more deserving than Radiohead and not in:

Doobie Brothers

Steve Winwood

B-52s

Duran Duran

Janes Addiction

Pat Benatar(Nicks over Benatar? Cmon)

Alice In Chains

Motörhead

I dont really like Radiohead much but they have something like 12 critically acclaimed albums over 25 years, a few of them pretty influential (OK Computer). Thats not including Thom Yorkes solo work and many collaborations. Theyre as deserving as most acts in the HOF.

I dont really like Radiohead much but they have something like 12 critically acclaimed albums over 25 years, a few of them pretty influential (OK Computer). Thats not including Thom Yorkes solo work and many collaborations. Theyre as deserving as most acts in the HOF.

Unfortunately that's not saying much.

Went to HOF this summer while killing time before a wedding. What a colossal waste of time and money. :mad: Should've gone to the Christmas Story house instead.

Proving that critics can be just as dumb as a Radiohead song.

"How Radiohead Became The Beatles Of The 21st Century

Considering the way that they have pushed music forward, you could build a case for them as The Beatles of the 21st century. After all, more than anyone still cutting it, they’ve challenged precisely what it is to sound like a huge mainstream act. Just look at ‘King Of Limbs’: probably the most eagerly anticipated record in history and one that consisted mainly of wispy, fractal rhythm patterns and diaphanous swirls of electric noise. While the surface world of rock’n’roll was swept along on The Strokes for a decade, the disciples of ‘OK Computer’ and ‘Kid A’ were quietly laying a new foundation for 21st-century music; one that cared not for reductive genre boxes but expected boundary-leaping experimentation from artists as standard. As if it wasn’t enough that their first rock-heavy incarnation had inspired Muse, Coldplay and Elbow and their later minimalist electronic dabblings had fathered a whole host of followers such as Foals, Alt-J and Django Django, Radiohead’s exploratory modernist mentality is now the norm, from Future Islands to The xx to Metronomy to James Blake and way, way beyond."
I actually have to take issue with the Beatles comparison as that one is probably a bit disrespectful....... The Beatles weren't nearly as dynamic and it was much easier to be groundbreaking in a time of so little ground having already been broken. It's a great article, although it isn't nearly wordy enough for my tastes when considering that we are speaking of the greatest musical act of the last 30 years. :music_guitarred:

A few who are more deserving than Radiohead and not in:

Doobie Brothers

Steve Winwood

B-52s

Duran Duran

Janes Addiction

Pat Benatar(Nicks over Benatar? Cmon)

Alice In Chains

Motörhead

1. Giving a crap about the hof is about the least metal thing in the world. I used to roll my eyes every time Eddie Trunk would get upset about it.

2. Put Motörhead in or shut it down.

• Like 1

1. Giving a crap about the hof is about the least metal thing in the world. I used to roll my eyes every time Eddie Trunk would get upset about it.

2. Put Motörhead in or shut it down.

This may be the best point ever made in the history of the Geeks :thumbsup:

It's not a rock and roll hof. It's an anything but classical music opinionated club.

I understand not being into Radiohead, but saying they stink or don't deserve to be in the Rock hall is just plain silly. The Bends, Ok Computer, In Rainbows...these are all incredible albums, you should give them a shot.

eta...yes, get Motorhead in.

I understand not being into Radiohead, but saying they stink or don't deserve to be in the Rock hall is just plain silly. The Bends, Ok Computer, In Rainbows...these are all incredible albums, you should give them a shot.

eta...yes, get Motorhead in.

I just flat out dont like anything theyve done in many years. The HOF is basically a group of influential bands though and on that count they deserve to go in.

they can stand in line behind....

Jethro Tull

Bad Company

Thin Lizzy

Deep Purple

Kansas

Blue Oyster Cult

Styx

Grand Funk

Supertramp

UFO

Pat Benatar