Bad move

I sold at 339

Closed today at 370

Don't get me wrong I still made money, but could have made more.

thats the biggest lesson that small time private investors need to learn. Gains are gains. Once you pull the trigger and turn your paper gains into realized gains, you can't second guess yourself. Also need to be disciplined (its hard) and be able to say, I've made a quick 3k for example. Could I end up making 5 or even 10k? maybe but gains are gains and pigs get slaughtered.

thats the biggest lesson that small time private investors need to learn. Gains are gains. Once you pull the trigger and turn your paper gains into realized gains, you can't second guess yourself. Also need to be disciplined (its hard) and be able to say, I've made a quick 3k for example. Could I end up making 5 or even 10k? maybe but gains are gains and pigs get slaughtered.

You're totally right. I could reinvest, but at this point I'm out and looking else where.

Welp, I did some boning up tonight, and I am officially IN on the Ethereum delirium. I opened a Coinbase account, linked my credit card, then uploaded my driver's license so that I could stretch my weekly buying limit to $500. So that's what I'm in for so far (minus the fees). Will probably rinse and repeat next week.

Now if someone could just explain to me what Ethereum is. :D

Also, 90sbaby, let me know what I'm doing wrong here...I'm sure it's somethin'. I know you said Poloniex, but is that more for active/day trading? If I'm just going to sit on Ethereum, is Coinbase all I'll need?

let me know what I'm doing wrong here

Taking investment advice from some dufus on a message board? :dunno:

• Like 1

Let's revisit this thread in 5-6 months and we'll see. :) I mean it's already up 30% retard.

Between you and me, I always thought I was a bit of a doofus. But, I believed in 90sbaby. You did not. So, as I see it, he's not the doofus. I am the doofus.

But hey, I was up $80 my first day in the market yesterday, so what could possibly go wrong? :banana:

Welp, I did some boning up tonight, and I am officially IN on the Ethereum delirium. I opened a Coinbase account, linked my credit card, then uploaded my driver's license so that I could stretch my weekly buying limit to $500. So that's what I'm in for so far (minus the fees). Will probably rinse and repeat next week.

Now if someone could just explain to me what Ethereum is. :D

Also, 90sbaby, let me know what I'm doing wrong here...I'm sure it's somethin'. I know you said Poloniex, but is that more for active/day trading? If I'm just going to sit on Ethereum, is Coinbase all I'll need?

Ethereum, as i understand it, is a cryptocurrency used to build on the "ether" which is kind of a decentralized platform for people to build apps.

Ethereum is used to pay to build on the Ether. So it's actually less of a currency than bitcoin and more of a token of sorts for a specific purpose. At least at this stage.

I'm sure 90sbaby has more specifics

Also AMD is up a robust 23% in the last month and looks like it may be up again today

It's not yet back to its 52 week high but it has rebounded very nicely from its dip and is up huge over the last year or so

Etherium, as i understand it, is a cryptocurrency used to build on the "ether" which is kind of a decentralized platform for people to build apps.

Etherium is used to pay to build on the Ether. So it's actually less of a currency than bitcoin and more of a token of sorts for a specific purpose. At least at this stage.

I'm sure 90sbaby has more specifics

Exactly, it is much more than just a currency. The cat is about to be out of the bag and now all the big players are jumping in.

Germany's energy giant just launched etheruem charging stations: http://www.trustnodes.com/2017/04/29/germanys-energy-giant-launches-100s-ethereum-based-electric-cars-charging-stations

Fidelity CEO: https://cointelegraph.com/news/i-love-bitcoin-ethereum-says-fidelity-ceo-as-company-finalizes-coinbase-integration

It is being rumored right now that soon you will be able to purchase CC's on the popular trading platforms like TD and Scottrade, that alone will make most double overnight. Also heard Amazon may start accepting Bitcoin/Ethereum, but don't know how much truth there is in that, but eventually I think they will have to.

Like I said, this is where most of my money is going, to me it is glaringly obvious that these blockchains aren't going anywhere and they are only going to become more and more valuable.

Mookz grab a few Litecoin's if you can, that isn't going to stay below $35 much longer.

Also AMD is up a robust 23% in the last month and looks like it may be up again today

When it goes back down to $12 I'll get some skin in the game. Just set my alert on the thinkorswim.

Exactly, it is much more than just a currency. The cat is about to be out of the bag and now all the big players are jumping in.

Germany's energy giant just launched etheruem charging stations: http://www.trustnodes.com/2017/04/29/germanys-energy-giant-launches-100s-ethereum-based-electric-cars-charging-stations

Fidelity CEO: https://cointelegraph.com/news/i-love-bitcoin-ethereum-says-fidelity-ceo-as-company-finalizes-coinbase-integration

It is being rumored right now that soon you will be able to purchase CC's on the popular trading platforms like TD and Scottrade, that alone will make most double overnight. Also heard Amazon may start accepting Bitcoin/Ethereum, but don't know how much truth there is in that, but eventually I think they will have to.

Like I said, this is where most of my money is going, to me it is glaringly obvious that these blockchains aren't going anywhere and they are only going to become more and more valuable.

Mookz grab a few Litecoin's if you can, that isn't going to stay below $35 much longer.

Litecoin, check. :thumbsup: I can't remember whether they offer that directly on Coinbase, I think not. But I actually did open a Poloniex account, so I can buy some Bitcoin, transfer it there, then buy Litecoin with it. This spending limit is going to suck. Etherium has just about tripled in the last month and I have to sit idle for the next week. I could up my limit with Coinbase even more if I had a second photo ID, but I can't think of one. :dunno:

Litecoin, check. :thumbsup: I can't remember whether they offer that directly on Coinbase, I think not. But I actually did open a Poloniex account, so I can buy some Bitcoin, transfer it there, then buy Litecoin with it. This spending limit is going to suck. Etherium has just about tripled in the last month and I have to sit idle for the next week. I could up my limit with Coinbase even more if I had a second photo ID, but I can't think of one. :dunno:

They do, it will be abbreviated LTC, you should see it all the way to the right right next to ETH.

Yeah Ethereum has gone up quite a bit in the last few months, but I still think we are really really early. I can see in about 3-5 years 1 BTC or 1 ETH being worth a quarter million USD. Completely realistic.

I definitely wish I had known about - bought Etherium when it was like 7 bucks at the start or the year. But my cc knowledge was only bitcoin. And ccs are very volatile. Such is life when ccs are the perfect form of currency for criminals.

Long term, yeah I see huge potential in most of them but I've been more interested in short term trades right now. My AMD shares bought at 10.17 are viewed as a short term investment right now. Don't get me wrong, I think AMD has tremendous longterm potential but it's also volatile until it can gain solid footing in the high end chip sector and I do fear a pullback at next earnings report like this past one

When it goes back down to $12 I'll get some skin in the game. Just set my alert on the thinkorswim.

You might get that number soon. So much positive news for a several percent slide in 2 hours....

You might get that number soon. So much positive news for a several percent slide in 2 hours....

Yep, 47 cents away from alerting me, thanks for the heads up, I'll put in an order now.

You should really look into Carvana a little more as well, I think if you do the research you will see the value in it.

Yep, 47 cents away from alerting me, thanks for the heads up, I'll put in an order now.

You should really look into Carvana a little more as well, I think if you do the research you will see the value in it.

You got a good day. Tech is having a rough time overall

Ethereum is about to be above $300.

Make that $325 :D

Are you still buying Ethereum? I did a forum search and saw you got a LOT of it when it was very cheap. Was that enough for you to just ride, or do you continue to invest?

Make that $325 :D

Are you still buying Ethereum? I did a forum search and saw you got a LOT of it when it was very cheap. Was that enough for you to just ride, or do you continue to invest?

I'm going to continue to invest because I wouldn't be surprised if one Ethereum was worth 20k.

I'm going to continue to invest because I wouldn't be surprised if one Ethereum was worth 20k.

What's your take on plain old Bitcoin? I did get in on some Litecoin, but it seems that Litecoin is closely tied to Bitcoin and by definition could never really rival it. Is Litecoin more of a short-term thing?

90's, what site are you on reading about this stuff? Just curious. I haven't heard of Ethereum until you brought them up. Where is a good site(s) to consistently check out?

90's, what site are you on reading about this stuff? Just curious. I haven't heard of Ethereum until you brought them up. Where is a good site(s) to consistently check out?

I first learned about CC's and Bitcoin back in 2009 when I use to go on the Deep Web a lot more.

But I'm a regular over at BlackHatWorld https://www.blackhatworld.com/forums/ you should sign up. I learn lots of cool little things on that board. My name isn't 90sbaby there though.

This is a focking gold mine and I can't scream it loud enough. Everyone. Drop whatever it is that you are doing, download he Coinbase app on your phone and buy some Ethereum.

Just to put things into perspective for you guys, we are still very very early. My main work is SEO (search engine optimization) and the company I currently work for deals with firearms. There are more monthly searches right now for "How to get a concealed carry license in Florida" than "how to buy Ethereum" that alone should tell you how early we are. Buy now and hold or regret it later.

What's your take on plain old Bitcoin? I did get in on some Litecoin, but it seems that Litecoin is closely tied to Bitcoin and by definition could never really rival it. Is Litecoin more of a short-term thing?

I honestly haven't paid attention to Bitcoin in 1-2 years. To me it was proof of concept and it is going to get eaten up by Ethereum and some other blockchains in the coming months.

Looks like it is going to crack 400 today!

Hope you boys bought in.

I'm in, but I want to be in farther. :(

Before it really takes off.

I'm in, but I want to be in farther. :(

Before it really takes off.

This is revolutionary. A fraction of a fraction of a percentage of the world population knows about this. Even having just one Ether in 2017 could translate to thousands of dollars once just 1% of the population starts to invest/use Ether.

I'm close to pulling the trigger on ETH. Looking to put in $3K

while i still believe in the long term value of AMD, the extra 15k i put in at 10.17 (i also own shares in the $7 range) I am wishing I had known more about ethereum back in January or so and put that 15k that I had sitting waiting to invest. that 15k would be worth almost 600k today :wall:

I'm close to pulling the trigger on ETH. Looking to put in $3K

Should pull it right now, what else are you looking for?

while i still believe in the long term value of AMD, the extra 15k i put in at 10.17 (i also own shares in the $7 range) I am wishing I had known more about ethereum back in January or so and put that 15k that I had sitting waiting to invest. that 15k would be worth almost 600k today :wall:

If it makes you feel better there is a 2,000 weekly buying cap on most CC exchange websites.

I keep telling people, you are still super early, invest 2k today. There are talks that one Ether could be worth 20k-50k by the end of the year. Only a fraction of a percentage of the population is invested in CC's. Get in now!

Bitcoin down big today. Ethereum was up early but now even it's down. Wouldn't mind if that continued for a bit. :)

Bitcoin down big today. Ethereum was up early but now even it's down. Wouldn't mind if that continued for a bit. :)

Retracts are normal. Bitcoin should bottom out around 2,400-2,600 and spike back up again. I would say Ethereums floor right now is 325-335. LItecoin quietly went up this past week as well.

If it makes you feel better there is a 2,000 weekly buying cap on most CC exchange websites.

I keep telling people, you are still super early, invest 2k today. There are talks that one Ether could be worth 20k-50k by the end of the year. Only a fraction of a percentage of the population is invested in CC's. Get in now!

Regardless my ppint was 15k back then even over 8 days or more woild have been tidy return

Retracts are normal. Bitcoin should bottom out around 2,400-2,600 and spike back up again. I would say Ethereums floor right now is 325-335. LItecoin quietly went up this past week as well.

Yep Litecoin was well over 30, but it's followed Bitcoin down the sink today.

Should pull it right now, what else are you looking for?

I had trouble setting up the account and transfer of money. The issue saved me some money as I would have bought high for the day.

Regardless my ppint was 15k back then even over 8 days or more woild have been tidy return

Yeah definitely. With 15k (assuming there is no limit) you could have got around 800-1000 Ether which would be 400k right now.

I still think we are so early even if you buy in the next 4-5 months you are going to have great returns like this. I don't know the math but someone calculated that if 5% of the population jumped on this, one Ether would be worth 250k. Someone posted it over at BH.

I had trouble setting up the account and transfer of money. The issue saved me some money as I would have bought high for the day.

You are thinking to short term. There is no bad time to buy Ethereum right now.

Yeah definitely. With 15k (assuming there is no limit) you could have got around 800-1000 Ether which would be 400k right now.

I still think we are so early even if you buy in the next 4-5 months you are going to have great returns like this. I don't know the math but someone calculated that if 5% of the population jumped on this, one Ether would be worth 250k. Someone posted it over at BH.

I think back in January 1 ether could have been had for 9-15 usd. I would have probably pulled some off the table when it broke 400 and let the rest ride

I think back in January 1 ether could have been had for 9-15 usd. I would have probably pulled some off the table when it broke 400 and let the rest ride

I got most of mine when they were 10-15 back in February. I think you should still consider getting some now. It looks more and more everyday like we are in an economic bubble and if it pops (even if it is a fraction of what 2008 was) these CC's are going to quadruple overnight. You have to ask yourself is there a better chance AMD goes up to $40 or ETH goes up to $1,600? While I think both are good investments (I did my research on AMD last week, good call) I think ETH is the homer you are looking for.