Sign in to follow this  
joneo

Antarctica May Have Just Set a Record for Its Hottest Day Ever

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/antarctica-may-have-just-set-a-record-for-its-hottest-day-ever/ar-AAa8jPx

You may want to consider balmy Antarctica for your next Spring Break. Weather bloggers at Weather Underground report that the continent likely hit a record-breaking high of 63.5 F (17.5 C) on Tuesday.

Antarctica has been heating up in recent years, thanks to global warming. The region's temperature has risen an average of about 5 F (2.8 C) in the last half century, according to the British Antarctic Survey. Studies have also documented melting ice along Antarctica's coasts.

:doh: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought an isolated event was "weather," not "climate." I get so confused on global climate warmcooling. :(

thatisprettyfockingwarmthough...

• Like 1

What I find most entertaining about the article is citing that global warming is responsible for the Antarctic having their warmest day. Ignore everything else about the Antarctic and focusing on that. There is some scientific proof right there. :thumbsup:

I thought an isolated event was "weather," not "climate." I get so confused on global climate warmcooling. :(

thatisprettyfockingwarmthough...

What I find most entertaining about the article is citing that global warming is responsible for the Antarctic having their warmest day. Ignore everything else about the Antarctic and focusing on that. There is some scientific proof right there. :thumbsup:

Like you two ignored part of that little paragraph and focused just on the warmest day part?

The region's temperature has risen an average of about 5 F (2.8 C) in the last half century,

Like you two ignored part of that little paragraph and focused just on the warmest day part?

The focking title of the article announces the warmest day part. Excuse me for "focusing" on the big, bold printed headline.

The focking title of the article announces the warmest day part. Excuse me for "focusing" on the big, bold printed headline.

Because that was the story. It was about the warmest day...and they mentioned other things...not just that the warmest day was a sign of global warming on its own.

None of which has to do with the article...nor does it do anything to disprove global warming.

Congrats on 3 people bringing links showing they want to deflect, or just don't understand the topic at all.

Great way to describe those who prescribe to your religion.

You mean science and facts?

Great way to describe those who prescribe to your religion.

Unitarians are never on tilt. :nono:

You mean science and facts?

150 years of recorded temperature versus the 6 billion years the planet has been circling the sun. Extremely scientific.

Stop putting "ever" in titles, it's idiotic on every possible level.

• Like 1

150 years of recorded temperature versus the 6 billion years the planet has been circling the sun. Extremely scientific.

It says "May have.....). Stop being bad at reading simple statements. It's idiotic on every level.

About as idiotic as people contunuing to deny its warming because it snowed a lot.

People with at least half a brain understand they are talking about recorded history or things they can measure through scientific means....not like they knew the focking temps when the earth formed.

The only debate should be is whether man is causing our current "climate change" or not.

About as idiotic as people contunuing to deny its warming because it snowed a lot.

People with at least half a brain understand they are talking about recorded history or things they can measure through scientific means....not like they knew the focking temps when the earth formed.

That's the point buddy.

it's 35 in Boston today and the snow is never going to melt, fock you.

Was at foxwoods this weekend and their golf course barely had any snow on it :cry: