Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

***Official World Cup 2018*** Thread

You should change the thread title to:

Official dumbest sport ever invented thread

I can name 5 women's sports I'd rather watch - I don't get it.

Ever seen cricket on tv?

That has to be the dumbest sport ever. Its like baseballs even more insanely boring cousin.

No. And I dont plan to

No. And I dont plan to

Ill put it this way. Its so focking boring, the British abandoned it for soccer.

Only countries who give a fock now are India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, maybe Australia.

Some guys were watching in a bar once. What a lame sport.

I can name 5 women's sports I'd rather watch - I don't get it.

Lets create a game that doesnt allow players to use their hands or arms at all!

Why?

Um....because....

Ill put it this way. Its so focking boring, the British abandoned it for soccer.

Only countries who give a fock now are India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, maybe Australia.

Some guys were watching in a bar once. What a lame sport.

Maybe I should check it out. I love baseball, and Australian accents.

Maybe I should check it out. I love baseball, and Australian accents.

Hope you have a lot of free time. They take lunch and tea breaks.

Games in the sport of cricket are played over a number of hours or days, making it one of the sports with the longest playing time, though sailing, yachting, road cycling and rallying are sometimes longer. Typically, Test and first-class cricket matches are played over three to five days with, at least, six hours of cricket being played each day. List A matches last for six hours or more and twenty20 and 100-ball matches lasting just a few hours. Cricket therefore has special rules about intervals for lunch, tea and drinks as well as rules about when play starts and ends. These rules are outlined in Laws 11 (Intervals) and 12 (Start of play; cessation of play) in the Laws of Cricket.

Test match cricket is international cricket played over three or more days. Nowadays all men's Test matches are scheduled over five days. In the past some Tests were 'timeless', that is, they were scheduled to be played to their conclusion regardless of how long that took. The longest Test on record was between South Africa and England in Durban, South Africa. The game started on 3rd March 1939 and play continued on the 4th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 13th and the 14th. Play was scheduled for the 11th, but none was possible because of rain, giving 9 days of actual play and 10 days of scheduled play. By the evening of 14 March England were 316 & 6545 chasing South Africa's 530 & 481, needing just 42 more runs for victory. But England needed to leave Durban the following day to catch their boat home, so, despite being a 'timeless' Test, a draw was agreed. England's 654 is the highest ever Test cricket score for teams batting last (beating the next highest by more than 200 runs).

Hope you have a lot of free time. They take lunch and tea breaks.

Games in the sport of cricket are played over a number of hours or days, making it one of the sports with the longest playing time, though sailing, yachting, road cycling and rallying are sometimes longer. Typically, Test and first-class cricket matches are played over three to five days with, at least, six hours of cricket being played each day. List A matches last for six hours or more and twenty20 and 100-ball matches lasting just a few hours. Cricket therefore has special rules about intervals for lunch, tea and drinks as well as rules about when play starts and ends. These rules are outlined in Laws 11 (Intervals) and 12 (Start of play; cessation of play) in the Laws of Cricket.

Test match cricket is international cricket played over three or more days. Nowadays all men's Test matches are scheduled over five days. In the past some Tests were 'timeless', that is, they were scheduled to be played to their conclusion regardless of how long that took. The longest Test on record was between South Africa and England in Durban, South Africa. The game started on 3rd March 1939 and play continued on the 4th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 13th and the 14th. Play was scheduled for the 11th, but none was possible because of rain, giving 9 days of actual play and 10 days of scheduled play. By the evening of 14 March England were 316 & 6545 chasing South Africa's 530 & 481, needing just 42 more runs for victory. But England needed to leave Durban the following day to catch their boat home, so, despite being a 'timeless' Test, a draw was agreed. England's 654 is the highest ever Test cricket score for teams batting last (beating the next highest by more than 200 runs).

I dont have that kinda time. Im out.

My wife was watching Iceland-Argentina during dinner. I didnt see any scoring but it was 1-1 going into halftime. I was kinda rooting for Iceland.

was about to post about how impressed i am with mexico. great pace and enegery. german has been sloppy and aren't looking as technically sound as they typically are....and boom...mexico hits on the counter attack.

great job by mexico. germany started to get their game together in the 2nd half, but couldn't put it in the back of the net. mexico did a nice job not letting it happen. Salud!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

To solve this problem, Angela Merkle thinks she needs more Africans and Muslims. She should ask Trump to send all the Mexicans he can instead.

Cliff Note fast-forward................when are the semi finals and final game?

Have no trouble admitting that I love the WC and I watch some or all of every game. Have since 1990. It's a shame that no American sport has global appeal, because Americans might get it, if one did.

• Like 1

New rule I want started immediately.

If the game has to be stopped due to "injury" the "injured player" MUST leave the game for a minimum of 10 minutes.

If the Red Cross brings out the stretcher, you're leaving the field on it.

New rule I want started immediately.

If the game has to be stopped due to "injury" the "injured player" MUST leave the game for a minimum of 10 minutes.

If the Red Cross brings out the stretcher, you're leaving the field on it.

How many are acting like they got shot again?

How many are acting like they got shot again?

It's sad and embarrassing. It's needed to end for a long time. This rule would go a long way

Guy just got a yellow card for kneeing another guy in the junk.

The lady announcer says "he didn't even get close to the ball....... the soccer ball" :first:

So I tune in for 3 minutes of Mexico/Sweden.

2:45 minutes of what looks like herding cats.........then Mexico knocks it in - for Sweden. :doh:

So I tune in for 3 minutes to Mexico/Sweden.

2:45 minutes of what looks like herding cats.........then Mexico knocks it in - for Sweden. :doh:

This was a close game in the first half. Back and forth good chances by both. 2nd half it has opened up and Mexico is just getting wasted.

...... and german is out of the world cup :kicksrock:

I know no one gives a rat's ass, but I have yet to watch one second of the World Cup... Is the US doing well this year?

...... and german is out of the world cup :kicksrock:

Poor showing while playing so close to home. Just one win and they were kind of lucky in that game.

So now I'm totally confused.......... Mexico gets smoked by Sweden - but they still advance? :huh:

I know no one gives a rat's ass, but I have yet to watch one second of the World Cup... Is the US doing well this year?

They haven't lost a game!

Poor showing while playing so close to home. Just one win and they were kind of lucky in that game.

usually they are patient and precise. this year it came across as apprehensive.... as if they were all waiting for someone else to put the ball in. they certainly had opportunities in all 3 games.

i disagree about them getting lucky in their win vs sweden. germany is still technically very good. mexico exposed their slow defense and gave sweden (and the world) a blueprint on how to beat germany... but mexico is quicker and does it better. mexico challenged many passes and used their speed vs germany's slow backs. germany pounded sweden, especially in the 2nd half. germany was more aggressive and should have had more goals (posts and good saves) vs sweden. germany did better with their counter defense, but s. korea still did a great job challenging german passes, forcing quicker decisions.

Muller is past his prime and no one has stepped up to carry the scoring load. The WC is about goal scorers doing what they do.

So now I'm totally confused.......... Mexico gets smoked by Sweden - but they still advance? :huh:

They were 2-0 before the final game of pool play... If Germany won, they would probably have advanced over Mexico because of goal differential...

They qualify from their group. Each group had 4 teams who played a round robin. Top 2 teams advance. Mexico won their 2 previous games and finished 2-1. Sweden was also 2-1, Germany finished 1-2 and Korea finished 1-2.

After group play, the games will all be elimination games.

Epic failure by Germany. Knocked out by one of the worst teams in the tournament and missed a perfect opportunity to send the wabs back home.

Guess I'm rooting for England now. :cry:

Germany just never looked great this tournament. So much like Spain in the last one.

France has been so talked about but they have not been impressive either.

Belgium to me have been the most impressive. Having the luxury of DeBruyne, Hazard and Lukaku is nice for them and the dreads guy that came in as a sub last game looked great for depth too.

England coming alive last game was nice to see as well (but they like to find ways to screw it up).

Senegal is my fun team to watch for this thus far outside of Belgium.

Next up:

Winner of Serbia-Brazil moves on, a tie and they could both move on if the Swiss lose.

Switzerland ties or wins and they are onto the next round.

Prediction

Brazil 2- Serbia 1

Swiss 3 CR 0

Swiss win the group.

Also I will give a thumbs up to the announcer Jorge Perez-Navarro...people may hate his long goal calls, but the dude stays pretty even and just as excited for Swedens goals even against Mexico.

Japan and Senegal tied for 2nd in their group. The tie breaker for who advances came down to Least amount of yellow cards. japan advances.

Lewandowski, one of the greatest goal scorers in the world, misses a point blank shot that would have put Senegal in. These 3rd games in tight groups have so much riding on both games.

The tie breaker for who advances came down to Least amount of yellow cards. japan advances.

Considering this. England and Belgium are in a dead heat and play each other. And the loser gets a better draw. I expect a steel cage match with no goalies.