Photo

Le’Veon Bell - The hold out continues!

Why is everyone so convinced Start week 1?

• Please log in to reply
689 replies to this topic

#681 Brutal Brutus

Brutal Brutus

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 09:58 PM

I still wouldn't be surprised if he does or doesnt show. The media has proven to be very unreliable with this story.

#682 RaiderHater's Revenge

RaiderHater's Revenge

FF Geek

• Members
  • 15,311 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 12:35 AM

I said it day 1,  hes stupid to not play for the guaranteed 14 mil

Suck it Rockford---

The Right protests the killing of babies, the left protests EVERYTHING else

#683 cbfalcon

cbfalcon

FF Geek

• Members
  • 18,631 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:21 AM

Everything I have read says there has been zero communication between Bell and the team....and thats why they think he is sitting out the season.

That reasoning doesnt seem all that definitive to me.
I like steak

#684 frank

frank

FF Geek

• Members
  • 16,404 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:11 AM

Everything I have read says there has been zero communication between Bell and the team....and thats why they think he is sitting out the season.

That reasoning doesnt seem all that definitive to me.

One story said he was expected to sign. There was no reasoning given other than that he was in town. Another story said he was not expected to sign. There was no reasoning other than he has given no indication that he would. I have never seen a story like this where reporters just keep making things up.

Another Dumb fvcking post by frank. :wave:

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

-- Jack Lambert --

OOTMFFOTB

#685 sderk

sderk

FF Geek

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:09 PM

Bell... :doh:

#686 Smileseers

Smileseers

FF Geek

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:45 PM

From my perspective Bell came to Pittsburgh last week with the intent to sign.  Then he and his agent learned that Bell will be guaranteed over $25 million (the top 5 salaries in the NFL including quarterbacks) for the Steelers to tag him again.

At this point it doesn't make any sense for Le'veon to risk playing this season for what he'd make compared to what he will make next season.

At least we are near the end of wondering if he will suit up as a Steeler this year if he doesn't sign by Tuesday Nov 13.

STEELERS

#687 cbfalcon

cbfalcon

FF Geek

• Members
  • 18,631 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:54 AM

From my perspective Bell came to Pittsburgh last week with the intent to sign.  Then he and his agent learned that Bell will be guaranteed over $25 million (the top 5 salaries in the NFL including quarterbacks) for the Steelers to tag him again.

But doesn't he have to officially sign a second franchise deal (this year) for next year to count as his 3rd franchise deal (and the $25M)??

I like steak

#688 jrokh

jrokh

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,657 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:00 AM

That was the narrative until recently when a report came out stating that he didn't need to sign for the franchise tag to go up to 25 million. I believe Tom Pelisero was the reporter

#689 Smileseers

Smileseers

FF Geek

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:26 PM

Ian Rapoport in reporting on the NFL Network today that the Steelers do not expect Bell to sign by tomorrow because Bell now knows that this season counts as an accrued season under the franchise tag.

Also, Bell deleted the Pittsburgh Steelers from his twitter bio last week.

Looks like this thread will hold on for another 4 months.

STEELERS

#690 frank

frank

FF Geek

• Members
  • 16,404 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:56 PM

If he really didn't know all of the contract details from the beginning he needs to fire his agent asap. There are millions on the line and you are getting info from reporters?

Another Dumb fvcking post by frank. :wave:

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

-- Jack Lambert --

OOTMFFOTB