Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Instant Fantasy Analysis - QB Josh Rosen, Cardinals

It says something about today's NFL that the most pro-ready quarterback is the last of the four "blue-chip" players at his position to come off the board. Following the retirement of Carson Palmer, the Cardinals plugged their hole at the position by landing Sam Bradford and Mike Glennon in free agency. Given Bradford's injury history, Rosen - who has his own durability concerns - may not be under center before the end of September. At any rate, the former tennis player is the most fundamentally sound signal-caller available, throws the best ball and is the least likely of the ones taken thus far to bust. Rosen joins a team with a bit of a questionable supporting cast beyond David Johnson, as Larry Fitzgerald is nearing the end while Brice Butler and Ricky Seals-Jones may be the best secondary options he has. The odds are very strong he will be making multiple starts early in 2018 if Bradford goes down yet again, and he should be a serviceable QB2 in fantasy if/when that happens.

I think he was the best qb out there. Might say some stupid things or come across as arraont but looks to have the best skill set. IMO

He just might have the best skill set, I think Zona made a good move.

• Like 1

I like this description of Josh Rosen's father and concerns around his Josh's last 2 concussion he got late last year, (article linked below):

"His father, Charles Rosen, is a whistleblowing spine surgeon who lost out on becoming U.S. surgeon general in part because his peers despised him for revealing their financial connections to the medical-device industry."

"Rosens parents have supported his NFL ambitions. Theyve also nurtured his penchant for calling out powerful people and institutions.".

Then it went on:

Any chance Rosen had to ease the leagues collective angst about him vanished with last seasons concussions, the second of which kept him out of UCLAs bowl game. Ross Tucker, a former NFL offensive lineman and Ivy League graduate, has openly made the connection between Rosens roots and his concussion history. His mom went to Princeton; his dad went to Penn and is a renowned spine surgeon, Tucker told CBS Radio. If you draft him in the top five picks, he gets a minimum of $24 million fully guaranteed. Lets be logical about this: How many concussions is he going to play through?

The article speculates about what could happen if Rosen gets a couple more concussions then decides to raise hell around the safety of the sport.

"In the same interview, he called his father his hero, adding that hes fought pharmaceutical companies and corruption in the medical industry his entire life. Hes gone David vs. Goliath time and time again and won every time."

I wonder how he and his dad will feel if he gets a couple more concussions with really ill affects on his brain?

Does David go after Goliath again for medical safety flaws in equipment, lack certain NFL researched studies on affects of concussions, etc...?

https://slate.com/culture/2018/04/how-quarterback-josh-rosen-could-take-down-the-nfl.html

I can some up everything I've heard aboit this guy in one sentence. He could be a great QB, but he's definitely a douche.

The question isnt if he can make the throws. Its if he can lead. Is he gonna start pointing fingers when things arent going well? Can he overcome adversity when things get tough? Can he inspire the rest of the team to give everything they have when its up against the wall?

Frankly, the best thing that could happen to him is to have some guy absolutely whip the sh!t out of him, teach him a little humility.

The question isnt if he can make the throws. Its if he can lead. Is he gonna start pointing fingers when things arent going well? Can he overcome adversity when things get tough? Can he inspire the rest of the team to give everything they have when its up against the wall?

Frankly, the best thing that could happen to him is to have some guy absolutely whip the sh!t out of him, teach him a little humility.

Hopefully Fitz can show him the ways

Hopefully Fitz can show him the ways

I would be suprised if anyone can show him the way outside of a 6'4 325 pound professional nose tackle up the middle for a collision causing him another shoulder surgery and a 3rd recent concussion. He spoke out big about amature status of college athletes, now let him meet a full def line of NFL pros as opposed to "college pros" as he considers them.

Even then after getting crushed he would run to daddy and ask if there is a law suit somewhere against the Goliath that is the NFL.

What is Arizona's oline looking like going into training camp?

What is Arizona's oline looking like going into training camp?

The line can best be described as a mix of downhill vets and underperforming young guys. It'll be somewhere in the back half of the league. Not sure they have a guy that'll be in the top 15 or 20 at his position.

Definitely a complete doosh who was dooshing it up in the green room, when he got picked and afterwards. The talent is there but so are the concussions. If it takes being slighted to get you motivated, you aren't gonna cut it in the NFL.

Definitely a complete doosh who was dooshing it up in the green room, when he got picked and afterwards. The talent is there but so are the concussions. If it takes being slighted to get you motivated, you aren't gonna cut it in the NFL.

When is the last time the NFL has seen a douche this big? Was it Leaf?

i heard oswieler is a douche.

Im sure most players are. QBs especially. I mean, they pretty much have everyone kissing their ass their whole lives.

You have to be a special Uberdoosh to get this kind of attention.