Sign in to follow this  
SexyRexy

Thank You

Just want to say, this forum is an awesome resource as is this site. It's gotten me lots of booms, and hope I've contributed my share.

From the draft tool, to the weekly articles to the forum, this is easily my go to resource for fantasy football.

This may seem like ass kissing, but I think it's worth saying, this is the best all around fantasy football resource on the internet.

Hats off to all the forum members, and the FFToday staff for everything they share.

• Like 2

Hey great post, and I agree with you OP.

I agree. So why do people pay for "insider" info???? This site has helped me get to 10-1 for the season.

Thanks for the thought. I agree, a great resource and a great place for fellowship other than your local church.

I used to stay current with frequent checks of RotoWorld but hate how ad-heavy that site has become. So, nowadays, I figure if some truly important development has transpired, some kind soul will start a thread about it here.

Acreed.

Looking at my profile, first signed on back in June 2001 :shocking:

First 5 years was a 'bored regular' even participating in early incarnation of the Jetdoc Mock and the Geek v Main league challenge.

Since then with life, kids, etc. and just not as obsessed (ok still but just not as much) only here sporadically, mainly preseason/during season, but really first place I come for info, insight, opinions. :pointstosky:

I agree. So why do people pay for "insider" info???? This site has helped me get to 10-1 for the season.

Are there sites still charging for "insider" info? I haven't seen one of those in a long time. Personally, I don't tell anyone about this site. Before posting, I was a long time lurker. Fast Willie Parker, who I read about on this board MONTHS before anyone else was talking about him, won me titles. I grabbed him as a free agent in every league I could. This board also helped me win a league years ago. I read a post by someone (forget who, it was 13/14 years ago) who laid out the reasons why Larry Johnson wasn't going to repeat his studly performance from the year before. I had taken Johnson 2nd overall that year in a big league. I traded Johnson prior to week 1 for Westbrook (Eagles RB) and a WR. I can't even remember who the WR was now. Anyway, Westbrook had the best season of his career and Johnson faltered big time. So, this site does have more to offer than just comedy.

Are there sites still charging for "insider" info? I haven't seen one of those in a long time. Personally, I don't tell anyone about this site. Before posting, I was a long time lurker. Fast Willie Parker, who I read about on this board MONTHS before anyone else was talking about him, won me titles. I grabbed him as a free agent in every league I could. This board also helped me win a league years ago. I read a post by someone (forget who, it was 13/14 years ago) who laid out the reasons why Larry Johnson wasn't going to repeat his studly performance from the year before. I had taken Johnson 2nd overall that year in a big league. I traded Johnson prior to week 1 for Westbrook (Eagles RB) and a WR. I can't even remember who the WR was now. Anyway, Westbrook had the best season of his career and Johnson faltered big time. So, this site does have more to offer than just comedy.

I don't tell anybody about this website either (sorry Mike). The four letter network is one site charges for their insider subscription. I guess they need all the income they can get to pay their overrated "talent". Good recall on FWP. He got me my first trophy.

I used to stay current with frequent checks of RotoWorld but hate how ad-heavy that site has become. So, nowadays, I figure if some truly important development has transpired, some kind soul will start a thread about it here.

It wouldn't even have mattered if I had still been a frequent checker. Sderk's post was time-stamped at 2:52 and the first indication from Roto that something was up came along at 2:55. Being hooked in with this forum allowed me the opportunity to act first in my league.

Sderk's post was time-stamped at 2:52 and the first indication from Roto that something was up came along at 2:55.

Same.

Nice Work Seafoam!

You guys should all get a room. But I agree wholeheartedly, if it weren't for this site, I would know nothing.

You guys should all get a room. But I agree wholeheartedly, if it weren't for this site, I would know nothing.

What we should do is start a Legends dynasty league(s) here. Maybe two separate Dynasty Leagues, with 12-14 teams each. The winner of each League would win the money for their league, but then play the "superbowl" week 16 against the winner of the other dynasty league. That would give up to 28 legit posters here the opportunity to join. I have a feeling it would be an awesome league. You could expand on this and make 4 12 Team leagues, or 6 12 Team leagues. The league champions then fight for the ultimate title. For a year they are crowned the "King/Queen" of FFToday.

I know this is far fetched, but I've seen dynasties work in various ways. The one I enjoyed probably the most was as real as it possibly could be. Salary Cap, penalties for releasing players, signing bonuses, contract lengths from 1-4 years and the ability to designate post-June 1st cuts to help alleviate cap pain. Basically, the rules were identical to the NFL. I would love to see something similar here. Maybe FFToday could run a few of these leagues. Just a thought. It would be fun to play in a league where I feel like I know everyone, even though I don't know anyone.