Sign in to follow this  
Inhiding

Draft pick trading...?

I know who I want, and would be happy with a top 4 pick. Either SA, LT, LJ, or CP. With that being said if I get the 1st thru 3rd pick in the draft, what kind of trade could I make to get the 4th pick(I know people would want to move up into the top 3). What kind of deal would I be looking at getting. What round should I expect to get a better or 2nd pick in? I have never done a draft day trade where picks are traded.

any help would be appreciated from a novice. thanks in advance

Depending on which of the first three picks you traded from, fair value based on draft picks would have you adding an additional pick somewhere around the tenth or eleventh rounds in exchange for your pick in the following round. The reality though is you might find someone willing to cough up a pick as early as possibly the 6th round for your 7th if they feel that strongly about selecting one of the top three backs. If and when the time comes see what's offered and if you like it then go for it. I doubt you'll get that much though for only one or two spots.

Inhiding, there's several ways to look at it but you may want to check out the link on my Signature at the end of this post that says "Building a Dynasty." I constructed a draft pick value chart for a 12-team league. This might give you a start on figuring out what's best for you. Although the blog deals with dynasty drafts this chart should be fine for any draft.

The pick you can get depends on the league type, number of rounds, and scoring format.

I'd say the more the owner has to move up to get the pick, the more he should give. The closer he is to the pick, the less he has to give.