• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

FF Geek

• Members
  • 53,929 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:43 AM

Baghdad -- The U.S. military has begun the process of withdrawing troops from Syria, a U.S. defense official confirmed to CBS News on Friday, saying it was expected to take between 90 and 120 days. The official told CBS News senior national security correspondent David Martin that equipment had begun moving out earlier this week. 

America's operations against the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) in the country were to continue during the withdrawal process. 

Col. Sean Ryan, spokesman for the coalition fighting ISIS, confirmed earlier in the day to The Associated Press that "the process of our deliberate withdrawal from Syria" was underway. 

"Out of concern for operational security, we will not discuss specific timelines, locations or troops movements," he said in a statement emailed to The Associated Press.

https://www.cbsnews....tens-ypg-kurds/

I am torn on this.  On the one hand I think not eradicating ISIS to the fullest possible extent is probably a mistake that requires us to spend more money and lives to deal with later......but then again, ISIS is a direct result of Syria releasing all of its worst prisoners into Iraq to fock with the US mission, so if the radicals want to kill Syrians, I am good with that....and hopefully they kill Assad....

Now, if these radical retards keep having people leave that Sh!thole country then you get some really dastardly people migrating to other nations, lowering their quality of life down to the sh!tty Muslim level, and maybe even polluting the US more....

Torn....

To the last, I grapple with thee; From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee.

Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.
- George Washington

#2 MDC

MDC

FF Geek

• Members
  • 56,187 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:00 AM

I am 100% on board with leaving. We were never asked to be there or wanted in the first place, our presence there is a net negative, and all the arguments for staying will be the same 6 months, 12 months, 3 years etc. from now.
This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.

#3 Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

Ray Lewis's Limo Driver

FF Geek

• Members
  • 53,929 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:33 AM

I am 100% on board with leaving. We were never asked to be there or wanted in the first place, our presence there is a net negative, and all the arguments for staying will be the same 6 months, 12 months, 3 years etc. from now.

I can see the merit in that stance.  Our elevated presence in that section of the world has been rather expensive, and the benefits are difficult to quantify right now.

To the last, I grapple with thee; From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee.

Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.
- George Washington

#4 NorthernVike

NorthernVike

FF Geek

• Members
  • 37,018 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:58 AM

It's bullshit.  Throwing the PKK (Kurds) under the bus so Turkey can kill them.  The PKK helped us take out ISIS and helped in Iraq and now we're focking them over.  Rinse and repeat.  I think Turkey should be thrown out of NATO their leader is nothing more than 2019's version of Saddam Hussein.  :thumbsdown:

Being an ass hole is all part of my manly essence

You guys have no focking clue what happened so you really should just shut it..

#5 Vikings4ever

Vikings4ever

FF Geek

• Members
  • 38,858 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:01 PM

It's bullshit.  Throwing the PKK (Kurds) under the bus so Turkey can kill them.  The PKK helped us take out ISIS and helped in Iraq and now we're focking them over.  Rinse and repeat.  I think Turkey should be thrown out of NATO their leader is nothing more than 2019's version of Saddam Hussein.  :thumbsdown:

I feel for the Kurds, and would understand helping them while they created their own nation.

But other than them, the rebel groups range from ISIS to not much better than al-Assad. It's a giant clusterfock that was a mistake to get involved with in the first place.

People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling