Sign in to follow this  
stvlknvl

Random Draft Order

I have one league, that will randomize the draft order every odd round. Will the Refresh Live Draft Results tab, only show picks or will it adjust the team order as well?

Hi stvlknvl. Are you on MFL and put the draft picks in the site as your draft is going on? Even though it is random every other round, is that done all in advance of the draft or during?

The MFL integration feature does not grab the draft order, because I felt there would be differences in the team names (different spellings) that would throw the thing off.

What we could do is input some simple formulas in all of your even numbered rounds which would make inputting the draft order twice as fast.

Hi stvlknvl. Are you on MFL and put the draft picks in the site as your draft is going on? Even though it is random every other round, is that done all in advance of the draft or during?

The MFL integration feature does not grab the draft order, because I felt there would be differences in the team names (different spellings) that would throw the thing off.

What we could do is input some simple formulas in all of your even numbered rounds which would make inputting the draft order twice as fast.

Yes I am on MFL. Yes I would put the picks in the site as my draft is happening. They randomized during the draft (You do not know the 1st pick until two minutes before draft starts).

What would the simple formulas be? How would it work?

I don't know if you have keepers or not, and how many teams, but go to your draft report tab and click on the first cell in the draft report table under the heading "Original Draft Pick Owner". Is this cell F6? Regardless, you know this is where you are going to input the name of the team that gets the first pick in the draft.

The team that gets the 2nd pick, their team name goes in cell F7. 3rd, F8, etc., etc. If you have 12 teams, the team that gets 12th pick is in cell F17.

Starting 2nd round of the draft, the same team that got the 12 pick gets the 1st pick in the 2nd. That is cell F18. Instead of using the drop-down to select that team again, put in the formula:

=F17

Then do same for next team/pick, formula:

=F16

Do same for all picks in Round 2, so they reference the reverse order from Round 1.

Now, highlight all of the formulas you put in for Round 2, copy them with CTRL-C and then click on the first draft pick in each even numbered round and hit CTRL-V to paste the formulas.

When you update the random order in the odd numbered rounds, it will update the even numbered rounds for you automatically.

Note, after making this change you should change the "reset draft picks" option on the action tab to "no", as hitting Compile Cheatsheets will reset the formulas you just put in.

Hopefully these cell references line up with what you are seeing on your end.