Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Mitchell Trubisky

The Eagles have two legit starting qbs on the same roster. One has the be the backup.......... Unless you would start them both?............. Aaron Rodgers was a backup at some point............. Just sayin

You really think Foles is a starter in the NFL? Really? Seriously?

The Eagles have two legit starting qbs on the same roster. One has the be the backup.......... Unless you would start them both?............. Aaron Rodgers was a backup at some point............. Just sayin

Those are some long....... snarky..... ellipses..... just sayin😉

As far as Trubisky, it's hard to firmly get behind a player after one solid game, especially when that game came against a historically bad defense (A week after looking completely lost against the Cardinals). Is he a Matt Flynn?? Who can say. I will say that Nagy's offense definitely gives young players with tools a great opportunity to succeed.

Yeah.... I think it's shocking that you don't.

62-30 td to int ratio, but he was 7-10 with horrible Jeff Fischer (Goff is proving that Fischer was beyond horrible at coaching)

23-18 career record, but again STL he only went 4-7.

In his years not with the worst coach ever, yeah he has been pretty good. He even won a SB when he was the backup not receiving 1st team reps with the offense all year. Won a SB MVP. Like Trubisky in this game, Foles was making pinpoint throws in the SB. And he is a SB MVP. If you can't realize he is a legit starting NFL qb then you need to pay more attention

Those are some long....... snarky..... ellipses..... just sayin😉

As far as Trubisky, it's hard to firmly get behind a player after one solid game, especially when that game came against a historically bad defense (A week after looking completely lost against the Cardinals). Is he a Matt Flynn?? Who can say. I will say that Nagy's offense definitely gives young players with tools a great opportunity to succeed.

See, too many people are reading into the numbers and just chalking it up to a bad defense. The bad defense was the reason 6 TDs happened. The exciting part, which you didn't see obviously, were the incredible throws and the really quick release.

I would suggest going into the NFL app or website and just watch the Trubisky highlight throws. If you people can't see the special shining through on those throws, then I don't know how you can properly evaluate a qb.

See, too many people are reading into the numbers and just chalking it up to a bad defense. The bad defense was the reason 6 TDs happened. The exciting part, which you didn't see obviously, were the incredible throws and the really quick release.

I would suggest going into the NFL app or website and just watch the Trubisky highlight throws. If you people can't see the special shining through on those throws, then I don't know how you can properly evaluate a qb.

I live in the Midwest, and have watched every Bears game this year. His quick release is why I commented on the Nagy offense being good for young players, it facilitates them making quick decisions, and unloading the ball early. That said, I'm pumping the breaks because of TB... if Trubs can come out and deliver an above average performance in week 7, 11, or 14 (pats, vikes, rams) then I will have a little more faith in his abilities and consistency going forward.

I live in the Midwest, and have watched every Bears game this year. His quick release is why I commented on the Nagy offense being good for young players, it facilitates them making quick decisions, and unloading the ball early. That said, I'm pumping the breaks because of TB... if Trubs can come out and deliver an above average performance in week 7, 11, or 14 (pats, vikes, rams) then I will have a little more faith in his abilities and consistency going forward.

Yeah no one understands what I'm saying. Unreal that you guys don't see its not about the numbers. TB defense didn't make him make perfect throws. It wasn't about how open guys were. It was about the throws themselves. Pumping the breaks doesn't even make sense in the discussion, because no one is saying in this game that his numbers prove he has arrived.

62-30 td to int ratio, but he was 7-10 with horrible Jeff Fischer (Goff is proving that Fischer was beyond horrible at coaching)

In his years not with the worst coach ever, yeah he has been pretty good. He even won a SB when he was the backup not receiving 1st team reps with the offense all year. Won a SB MVP. Like Trubisky in this game, Foles was making pinpoint throws in the SB. And he is a SB MVP. If you can't realize he is a legit starting NFL qb then you need to pay more attention

For someone who keeps referring to "watching the game" when it comes to Trubisky, you seem to not be "watching the game" when it comes to Foles. Foles is a solid backup. Nothing more. Nothing less. Apparently since you seem to think he's a legit starting NFL QB, then you are the one who needs to be paying more attention. I live in the Philly market and I've seen all of Foles' games. He's an capable backup... not a starter.

Agree, Fisher taints all he touches. Foles isn’t anything great but he can start and he can win. That’s more than some QBs who have set contract records can say.

Yeah no one understands what I'm saying. Unreal that you guys don't see its not about the numbers. TB defense didn't make him make perfect throws. It wasn't about how open guys were. It was about the throws themselves. Pumping the breaks doesn't even make sense in the discussion, because no one is saying in this game that his numbers prove he has arrived.

I haven't made reference to numbers in any of my rebuttals. You need to stop assuming that people who don't agree with you, "didn't watch the game". I saw Trubisky making good throws, while under little to no duress, due to an offense with a lot of pre-snap misdirection and a D-Line that looked defeated/ disinterested and DBs that were blowing coverage, (specifically Burton's TD). That doesn't take away that fact that Trubs looked good (the throw on the flag pattern to ARob, and the fly pattern to Bellamy were nearly perfect), I would just like to see him thrive in more competitive games before I get as excited as you are.

Also, if you think WRs streaking wide open doesn't affect how a QB throws, than you need to take the blinders off... a lot different than throwing a WR open

The cb fell down on Burton's TD. That aside I dug the gist of your last two posts rallo.

In my view bears are an ascending team. They're starting to put things together. Nagy has them motivated and his misdirections are working. It's a ray of hope and glory for a mad football town that's seen a lot of mediocrity since 1985.

They still need to learn how to stand up to the very best and close out wins. Going into this season I'd have been happy with 8-8 and some progress towards improvement. 4 weeks in I'm already satisfied the bears are pointed in the right direction.

• Like 1

I haven't made reference to numbers in any of my rebuttals. You need to stop assuming that people who don't agree with you, "didn't watch the game". I saw Trubisky making good throws, while under little to no duress, due to an offense with a lot of pre-snap misdirection and a D-Line that looked defeated/ disinterested and DBs that were blowing coverage, (specifically Burton's TD). That doesn't take away that fact that Trubs looked good (the throw on the flag pattern to ARob, and the fly pattern to Bellamy were nearly perfect), I would just like to see him thrive in more competitive games before I get as excited as you are.

Also, if you think WRs streaking wide open doesn't affect how a QB throws, than you need to take the blinders off... a lot different than throwing a WR open

He did that multiple times in the game also

I am very happy for the kid. Up until last week I had my doubts, but I now feel he might be turning the corner and his HC is now helping out.

I may even cut Wilson for him. That is crazy......I know......

Agree, Fisher taints all he touches. Foles isn’t anything great but he can start and he can win. That’s more than some QBs who have set contract records can say.

Foles will be a FA next season. Let's see how many teams who need a QB take a run at him to be their unquestioned starter. I'm willing to bet on zero.

Although Foles can start and get the job done, he was brought to Philly to be a back up. Your Rodgers analogy doesnt really work here.

Foles will be a FA next season. Let's see how many teams who need a QB take a run at him to be their unquestioned starter. I'm willing to bet on zero.

I’ll take the over on that, easy bet. Sam Bradford has teams beating down his door every season begging him to start for them. Foles will command a damn near bidding war.

I’ll take the over on that, easy bet. Sam Bradford has teams beating down his door every season begging him to start for them. Foles will command a damn near bidding war.

Yeah, I don't see it. He's a great backup, that's it. Chad Henne 2.0

Chad Henne hasnt sniffed a playoff game, let alone win Super Bowl.

You have to give credit, where credit is due.

Alternatively, Henne > pile of elephant dung > Bradford.

Career winning record, more tds than ints, a SB win and you dont see it? Thats the state of QBs lately, as long as you arent clinically retarded you get a huge deal. Check Carr and Staffords career wins-losses. Sure Id take Stafford over Foles, but still.

Career winning record, more tds than ints, a SB win and you dont see it? Thats the state of QBs lately, as long as you arent clinically retarded you get a huge deal. Check Carr and Staffords career wins-losses. Sure Id take Stafford over Foles, but still.

Stafford on last year's Eagles team would rake

Foles is destined for the HOF. Why wouldn't he......Eli apparently is as well?

316 yards and 3 TDs and 1 Int. This guy has really turned the corner. 9 TDs in 2 last games. Not bad. Unfortunate loss, but this is a brighter sign for the Bear regardless.

6th in the NFL in passer rating. 4th in pass completion %. Dude knows how to run as a QB as well. Glad to see this. Now if the defense can get it together and game plan to beat up Brady.

The INt was bad, and he missed some open recievers early, but he played very well again. His body language and confidence level is way up from the early games and his happy feet seem to have gone away for the most part. If this play continues, he's on his way to 3500+ yards and 30 td's which is way more than I expected before the season started. NE's D isnt all that this year, but Belichick will throw a ton of disguises at him so he's in for a huge challenge. Mahomes looked bad in the first half, but exploded in the 2nd half last night. Hopefully Nagy can make a few changes at the half if needed, like he did yesterday, and Mitch can keep it rolling...they'll need it if Mack cant go.

Coaching is helping him.

Congrats Bears for hiring a good coach.

Coaching is helping him.

Congrats Bears for hiring a good coach.

How would you know? You don't even watch the games.

How would you know? You don't even watch the games.

This may be correct but by reading some of your posts it seems like you dont watch Bears games either.

This may be correct but by reading some of your posts it seems like you dont watch Bears games either.

Incorrect. And you are making no point.

Trubisky was not great today, but a QBR of over 90 and 2 TDs with 0 Ints is not bad. The dude is really improving and doing what it takes to put the Bears in a position to win more often than not.

If he stays healthy, the man is on his way to 3700+ passing yards and 30+ TDs along with 450+ rushing yards and 4 TDs on the ground. If someone would've told me that before the season I'd have laughed at you! With what he went through last year, his growth is ahead of schedule and it's exciting as a Bear fan!

He’s getting better and has shown he has the tools to become a great QB. Remember he barely played any college games.

If he stays healthy, the man is on his way to 3700+ passing yards and 30+ TDs along with 450+ rushing yards and 4 TDs on the ground. If someone would've told me that before the season I'd have laughed at you! With what he went through last year, his growth is ahead of schedule and it's exciting as a Bear fan!

Not that the Bears can boast about their QB history, but if he keeps up this pace, he will have the best stat year for any QB in the history of the Bears. As mentioned, the dude had very little college experience, and is going through his second offensive system in his second year in the league.

• Like 1

Basically Bears fans should've hoped for a jump like Goff had last year in his 2nd year and 1st year with a new offense. If Trubisky can keep this up, he'll top his numbers without the amount of talent that Goff has around him.

Basically Bears fans should've hoped for a jump like Goff had last year in his 2nd year and 1st year with a new offense. If Trubisky can keep this up, he'll top his numbers without the amount of talent that Goff has.

I think Goff is pretty damn good, but Trubisky has enough raw talent to be as good as anyone in this league.

I think Goff is pretty damn good, but Trubisky has enough raw talent to be as good as anyone in this league.

Agreed, I meant to say without the talent Goff has around him.

Not that the Bears can boast about their QB history, but if he keeps up this pace, he will have the best stat year for any QB in the history of the Bears. As mentioned, the dude had very little college experience, and is going through his second offensive system in his second year in the league.

That's not saying much in today's NFL. Eric Kramer, in 1995 had essentially the best season of any Bears QB, in which he threw for 3838 yards, 29 TD's, 10 Int's, completing 60% of his passes with a passer rating of 93.5. Last year, 12 QB's had a higher passer rating. Last year, 23 QB's had a better completion%. Last year, 9 QB's threw for more yards. Last year, 11 QB's threw 10 Int's or less. The only category where he's top 5 would be TD's where only 4 QB's threw 29 or more. A season like Kramer's 1995, is slightly better than average this year when in that year, he was arguably top 5.

Just for a bit more perspective, Eli Manning is on pace for a season with 4754 yards, 16 TD's, 12 Int's, a passer rating over 90 and a completion percentage over 68... and people think he sucks this year.

That's not saying much in today's NFL. Eric Kramer, in 1995 had essentially the best season of any Bears QB, in which he threw for 3838 yards, 29 TD's, 10 Int's, completing 60% of his passes with a passer rating of 93.5. Last year, 12 QB's had a higher passer rating. Last year, 23 QB's had a better completion%. Last year, 9 QB's threw for more yards. Last year, 11 QB's threw 10 Int's or less. The only category where he's top 5 would be TD's where only 4 QB's threw 29 or more. A season like Kramer's 1995, is slightly better than average this year when in that year, he was arguably top 5.

Just for a bit more perspective, Eli Manning is on pace for a season with 4754 yards, 16 TD's, 12 Int's, a passer rating over 90 and a completion percentage over 68... and people think he sucks this year.

Yep. Pretty true. The Bears never had a monster QB. But right now at this time, Trubisky in only his second year, is top ten in the league. Manning.... bottom 10. Trubisky's rating is over 97. :)

And Manning does suck. 8 games with 8 TDs and 6 INTs. He has a high completion % because over 25% of his passes are to the RBs. He is 1-7 in his starts this year and I bet you would argue that the Giants have better WRs, a better TE, and a better RB than the Bears do. Am I right?

And since when does a projection of 16 TDs and 12 INTs inspire a team to want to keep their QB (how is "that saying much in today's NFL")? Especially when they just paid fat $ to Beckham and are now is sell mode. The giants are a mess.