Sign in to follow this  
CurleyQ

New Packer

Well, he already has the number two slot and with Lacy dinged, he might be number one in no time. Again, throw him in the same category as the following:

Smallwood

Booker

Rodgers

Dixon

A.Smith

And so forth

It's an interesting situation .

I mean he is not very good , but if Lacy can't go he would become valuable based on touches.

But how much production will be produce from that production is the problem.

Even if he does become the next man up for the Packers I think I'm going to let someone else wait and see how good he does.

If Green Bay was under-utilizing Lacy, a proven producer for them in the past and one who was sporting a good YPC through the first few games, it's hard to imagine that Davis would get the type of usage that would please a FF owner.

Except he sucks. Not saying he won't produce at all, but he is one of the biggest waste of physical talent in all the nfl.

This.

Zero value? Starks is hurt as well. He might be the only guy Thursday. If I was desperate he could be a plug and play.

I don't know... he's been a volume dependent runner who occasionally breaks a long run... coupled with a history of fumbling problems. Do you guys think he'll get volume in GB? I see him as insurance, who may be worth a spot start in very deep leagues... but probably just a waste of a pick up

"Eddie Lacy to miss several weeks".

You had to know something was up when a team that has a reputation for never trading pulls a trade like that.

So with Lacy and Starks out, Davis becomes GB's #1. Still not super excited about him, but he's likely going to get lots of touches.

"Eddie Lacy to miss several weeks".

You had to know something was up when a team that has a reputation for never trading pulls a trade like that.

So with Lacy and Starks out, Davis becomes GB's #1. Still not super excited about him, but he's likely going to get lots of touches.

You couldn't have said it better. I like his situation and maybe he is the missing piece the Packers need. As I remember before he got push down the depth chart, he was quick and could catch passes out of the backfield in which the Packers have never had. If he was that bad of a player and the Chiefs had all of this talent at RB, why not cut him? Don't say it was for this moment right now because they talked about cutting him in preseason. Sleep on him if you want to. I'm putting in a wavier request in my 14 team league.

I would like to think it will be a good move to let someone go and to pick him up.

But I don't know if I would ever trust starting him.

Hard to see how much the offence he's going to pick up for this weeks game , with the game being played on Thursday.

Per Rotoworld for you doubters.

Following the loss of Eddie Lacy (ankle) for "several" weeks, newly-acquired Knile Davis is the only healthy running back on the Packers' 53-man roster.
Davis was acquired from the Chiefs on Tuesday morning. He fell out of favor in Kansas City and has been one of the least efficient backs in the league since coming into it as a 2013 third-rounder. We don't expect him to know enough of the offense to come in and dominate carries. Randall Cobb and Ty Montgomery played some running back in college, and both saw backfield snaps last week. Montgomery drew three carries and 12 targets. Davis should be stashed in 12-team leagues, but Montgomery is the preferred play for Week 7. If Lacy goes to I.R., practice squad RB Don Jackson will likely get a promotion.

How much faab $$$ is he worth?

Fwiw I got Knile last night for $55 on a $1000 budget. That was also before the news of Lacy hit.

Is he worth an add over my "lottery ticket" Dixon? It doesn't look like west is giving up the lead back role in Baltimore any time soon.

Is he worth an add over my "lottery ticket" Dixon? It doesn't look like west is giving up the lead back role in Baltimore any time soon.

I dropped him for Dixon today. With lottery tickets there is only the unknown. I doubt that anyone is going to jump on Dixon. If news breaks in the next couple of days that Lacy needs some type of surgery Davis's value goes up. I'm not that excited about him as a player but you know Tim Hightower. At minimum I have a bad bye week situation in week 9 and plan to put him in against Indy as a flex play.

How much faab $$$ is he worth?

went for 10 out of 100 in my league

• Like 1

I dropped him for Dixon today. With lottery tickets there is only the unknown. I doubt that anyone is going to jump on Dixon. If news breaks in the next couple of days that Lacy needs some type of surgery Davis's value goes up. I'm not that excited about him as a player but you know Tim Hightower. At minimum I have a bad bye week situation in week 9 and plan to put him in against Indy as a flex play.

If? It's a matter of when. I heard Sigmond Bloom say today that if you are going to see Dr. Andrews, it's bad news. I'll be surprise if Knile is still available at this point. Don't wait especially if you are dropping Dixon for him.

• Like 1

i get a lot here are probably desperate for rbs and will go for knile out of need but 3 things are working against knile being anything real worthwhile. 1. knile isn't very good...he's an injury prone fumbler thats never proven anything 2. packer rbs have been fools gold for a long time save for lacy's one season. 3. the packers offense is clearly broken

the only winner here is the Chiefs who were able to get something for a player they've wanted to cut since the start of camp

Knile has fresh legs and last year of his contract

Potential for rb2

Anyone rolling with Knile tonight? I might over Forte. My options are pretty limited.

That is pretty limited. I have Forte and Knile in the same league also. If I had those as my only options I probably go with Forte hoping for a TD. I don't know how Knile can get the playbook in this short of time.

• Like 1

Also of interest could be Don Jackson that just got pulled up from the practice squad.

I concur, Jackson is the guy. GB has to start looking toward it's RB of the future, which isn't going to be Lacy or Starks or Knile Davis.

I wouldn't play any GB RB this week, but next week starts the Don Jackson show.

do you have anything other than a "gut feel" here? i really don't know anything about the guy. could it be true that their "rb of the future" was on their practice squad? as i understand it, practice squad players can be nabbed by any team that wish to put the player on the active roster. so it seems a bit strange that the rb of the future was left unprotected like that?

I concur, Jackson is the guy. GB has to start looking toward it's RB of the future, which isn't going to be Lacy or Starks or Knile Davis.

I wouldn't play any GB RB this week, but next week starts the Don Jackson show.

thanks. i'm picking him up in the event he wins a job long term

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Jackson will be the "main" back for Thursday's game against the Bears.

I picked up K Davis. Not for this week but for the upcoming ATL, Indy, Ten, Wash marshmellow defenses. Gave up D Booker to get him.

I think the job will be K Davis'. This Don Jackson hype is overdone. Yes, he will be part of the crew tonight. But then in 10 days K Davis should be up to speed.

It is unlike Green Bay to give up draft picks. Especially when freebie RBs were out there - Montee, maybe Karlos. For GB to give up anything makes me believe that K Davis will be starting on the 30th, with Don Johnson as his backup.

I believe the plan is for this to be the K Davis show for the next month, after that who knows. I hope he secures the gig season long.

I picked up K Davis. Not for this week but for the upcoming ATL, Indy, Ten, Wash marshmellow defenses. Gave up D Booker to get him.

I think the job will be K Davis'. This Don Jackson hype is overdone. Yes, he will be part of the crew tonight. But then in 10 days K Davis should be up to speed.

It is unlike Green Bay to give up draft picks. Especially when freebie RBs were out there - Montee, maybe Karlos. For GB to give up anything makes me believe that K Davis will be starting on the 30th, with Don Johnson as his backup.

I believe the plan is for this to be the K Davis show for the next month, after that who knows. I hope he secures the gig season long.

The Don Jackson hype is overdone? Knile Davis is 80% owned on Sportsline and Jackson is 5% owned. Knile Davis has never been one to get a playbook down quickly or he would have risen in his many chances in KC.

I don't think there is much Don Jackson hype...he will get more carries tonight (likely) while Davis is still new.

I just don't see either of them getting a ton of carries. IT will be a split and Im not sure either will ever be consistent enough. Add in more of Montgomery in maybe a Riddick type receiving role, and Starks will return.

I don't see any way he gets more than 15 carries a game (Lacy was not really getting that).

And if he fumbles...he hits the pine pretty quick.