Sign in to follow this  
enoto

2nd round pick...what postion

We have an 8 team redraft, I have #3 overall (which ever big 3 is left..maybe Portis) so in second round I have the 14th overall pick. Do I go RB2, top WR or even Gates. I am thinking RB2 since a top WR and or Gates SHOULD still be around at the 18th pick. I'm also figuring QB in 4th or prob. 5th round.

Also our league counts return yards and scores, which bumps Dante Hall up to tier 2 with Wes Welker (Mia) close behind they finished 2nd and 13th in total FF pionts in our league last year for WR's. Thoughts on this?

With only 8 teams, there are a lot of ways you can go with this. I don't think anyone can properly answer you without knowing your scoring and how many players at each position you have to play each week.

I am in a 10 team redraft drafting in the 3 spot as well. Like you my top choice will be one of the big 3...NOT Portis. I hate the Redskins though and even with LJ's O-Line concerns I'd take him over Portis.

So Land one of the big three. Assuming most everyone tries to grab 2 RB's early there will be some Tier 1 WR's on the board. Let's say Round 1 & 2 go like this.

1.01 Larry Johnson 1.02 Shaun Alexander 1.03 LaDainian Tomlinson 1.04 Clinton Portis 1.05 Tiki Barber 1.06 Rudi Johnson 1.07 Ronnie Brown 1.08 LaMont Jordan 2.01 Steven Jackson 2.02 Cadillac Williams 2.03 Edgerrin James 2.04 Peyton Manning 2.05 Steve Smith

You have some Nice RBs left and some Awesome WRs at that point. IF S Smith goes off the board ahead of then I would go with Torry Holt, CJ or L Fitz as there will probably be a run on WR's from here. It's best to be at the beginning of the run than at the end. And if that happens then you will still have the same RB's on the turn. so you could easily end up with any of these guys Depending on who you like.

Julius Jones Domanick Davis Joseph Addai ® Brian Westbrook Willie Parker Willis McGahee Warrick Dunn Reuben Droughns Chester Taylor Tatum Bell

Anyway good luck!