Sign in to follow this  
enjoi525

Keeper league year 1 draft

this is the first time I am going to be doing a keeper league. My plan right now is to draft the way I normally do and fill out spots with guys i know who are going to be solid. It isn't decided yet but it looks like we will be keeping atleast 4 players. One guy is suggesting keeping 1/3 of your team which would be 5. So at what point do I look to draft some younger guys who will be good in the future? or do i even want to do that at all? in what rounds would you consider drafting guys like deangelo williams, maroney, addai, leinart, et cetera.

I'm not sure you can break it down that way. What you have to do is adjust your rankings taking age and potential upside as a factor in your rating of a player. There's no simple, I'd take Addai in the 5th formula here. You need a more holistic approach.

Sorry if this isn't much help.

well i did a yahoo draft about a month ago and leinart didnt get draft. So, when there is a guy like warner who may not be a starter beyond this season, should i bum leinart up to being draft? the guy has loads of potential to do something like palmer did last year.