Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Broncos at Cardinals: In-Game Discussion

It was a slight concern because I didn't think Mccoy was anything special at offense, but I didn't imagine it would be this bad. It doesn't take any type of special genius to see how successful plays can be where the rb receives the ball in space. With running backs catching more passes than ever, rolling that part of the offense back seems like something any offensive coach wouldn't touch.

What Kamara and Barkley are doing in the receiving game, Johnson could easily match and possibly more.

It doesnt take much thought. But do you watch the all 22? Teams may be taking DJ away more than they did before. We can all be fantasy football "experts" but none of us are putting 14 hour days in coming up with game plans and watching film.

But either way sucky coach or not it happens all the time. 80 catches may have been his high piint. A change in not only coaching but QB and overall talent is going to affect the outcome. We all knew the talent and QB play was a big question.

Bruce Arians makes your corners and safeties run a lot because of all of the deep shot plays and speed on the outside on offense. Then, he unleashes the space plays underneath. Tired dudes do not tackle as well. Brilliant!

Space plays do not work as well when the defense doesnt respect the deep ball. I am not sure at all why the new Cards staff pivoted so far away from what Bruce was doing. But they have. And Rosen/Bradford have not been able to turn this watery gameplan into wine of any kind.

They still have personnel to open up the offense, which is frustrating. Nelson and Kirk on the outside can stretch the defense, we know who Fitz is and the size at TE (Greshem/Seals-Jones SHOULD create issues.

Its like, the pieces are there. The OC just chooses to protect their lousy (Bradford) or inexperienced (Rosen) QBs, but it actually makes them more predictable and ineffective.

The OC and HC have to be held accountable. Besides maybe Buffalo, worst offense in the League hands down and they really shouldnt be.

They still have personnel to open up the offense, which is frustrating. Nelson and Kirk on the outside can stretch the defense, we know who Fitz is and the size at TE (Greshem/Seals-Jones SHOULD create issues.

Its like, the pieces are there. The OC just chooses to protect their lousy (Bradford) or inexperienced (Rosen) QBs, but it actually makes them more predictable and ineffective.

The OC and HC have to be held accountable. Besides maybe Buffalo, worst offense in the League hands down and they really shouldnt be.

Oh stop trying to surgar coat what they have.

They are starting a rookie QB. Have had oline issues we all knew about. Fitz their 1 guy is old as dirt for a WR. Kirk is skilled but a 2nd round rookie. They have nothing else besides DJ.

DJ a bad oline. The oldest WR in the league and 2 rookies.

Lets be real here. Isnt worse than what Buffalo has on offense but not far off.

Buffalo has no acceptable pass-catchers besides Shady. Chris ivory isnt too shabby. The rest of it is a mess. I am impressed when they score.

Buffalo has no acceptable pass-catchers besides Shady. Chris ivory isnt too shabby. The rest of it is a mess. I am impressed when they score.

For sure but who do the Cards have? Does everyone assume Fitz is going to catch 100 balls forever? He is old as dirt. He has been used for years now as basically a guy who lines up in slot and uses his body to shield guys for 8 yard gains. He needs a QB and system to complete those tough completions on the regular.

And while DJs catches and targets are a let down he has the 4th most rushes in the league. So to act like hes not being used at all is a bit much.

I'd almost start Natrone Means over Jordan Howard at this point....good grief, he has been a disappointment.

That's because Natrone Means BUSINESS!!!

I'm going against the Broncos defense and Emmanuel Sanders this week. I need a drink.

Man, I'm sorry. No fun sitting at -60+ for the next two days.

I cant exactly put my finger on it, but I see a little Eli Manning in Rosens game.

I have to hope what we see is due to really, really bad coaching. But I agree, compared to other rookies we're seeing this year, Rosen just doesn't seem to get it. I also noticed that he doesn't seem to have much arm. Several of those out routes he threw had very little velocity. He actually could have easily had another couple of INTs.

McCoy will get fired. That was a national disgrace what happened to them at home tonight.

Wilks is already on record this morning saying that it's too early to talk about moves like this. The sh!tshow may continue.

I have to hope what we see is due to really, really bad coaching.

I have no idea if Rosen is going to be any good or not (I actually don't like the guy), but this is exactly what happened to Trubisky last year. In a dumbed-down offense, the rookie will not progress, will look terrible, and will not do anything until the next coaching staff comes in, maybe. Because the opposing defenses only need about 10 minutes to game plan that crap.

And I imagine the cockiness this guy showed on draft day is a little tamed after that debacle yesterday.

I have no idea if Rosen is going to be any good or not (I actually don't like the guy), but this is exactly what happened to Trubisky last year. In a dumbed-down offense, the rookie will not progress, will look terrible, and will not do anything until the next coaching staff comes in, maybe. Because the opposing defenses only need about 10 minutes to game plan that crap.

And I imagine the cockiness this guy showed on draft day is a little tamed after that debacle yesterday.

Everything about that offense is bad and wrong right now. If I'm the HC/OC of a rookie QB that has David Johnson as a weapon, my game plan revolves around how I can get the ball to David Johnson in space about 40 times a game. I throw high %, low risk passes to the best player on my team and limit the ways I can get my rookie QB confidence crushed. But instead the run DJ into a brick wall behind a bad offensive line, get themselves in the 3rd and long all the time, and let a ferocious and extremely pissed off defense tee off on my rookie QB.

can anybody explain to me why they had the entire starting den def out there until the end? i figured up 35 points they might give the starters a break, but no they had to keep sending out von until my opponent got another ten points on his last minute sack. bs

Everything about that offense is bad and wrong right now. If I'm the HC/OC of a rookie QB that has David Johnson as a weapon, my game plan revolves around how I can get the ball to David Johnson in space about 40 times a game. I throw high %, low risk passes to the best player on my team and limit the ways I can get my rookie QB confidence crushed. But instead the run DJ into a brick wall behind a bad offensive line, get themselves in the 3rd and long all the time, and let a ferocious and extremely pissed off defense tee off on my rookie QB.

Exactly. Johnson only had 3 catches on 3 targets for 31 yards. Two of those receptions were in the 4th quarter. It's like they don't want to win is all I can figure out.

I'm thinking McCoy gets fired after Week 8. They have a week 9 bye so that would give the new OC two weeks to try and get some sort of gameplan in. Maybe chip on all pro pass rushers with a RB or TE and then throw a screen over the rusher's head to said RB/TE.

Man, I'm sorry. No fun sitting at -60+ for the next two days.

I was sorta hoping it was all a dream and I'd wake up this morning not down by 70. I guess I should be thankful that Yahoo's projections still give me a 50/50 of winning. My RB Army will stay have their say.

honestly I welcome it. any coach who can take the best RB in the league and make him average probably does not deserve a job.

McCoy will get fired. That was a national disgrace what happened to them at home tonight.

can anybody explain to me why they had the entire starting den def out there until the end? i figured up 35 points they might give the starters a break, but no they had to keep sending out von until my opponent got another ten points on his last minute sack. bs

It is fantasy football. Most things in it cannot be counted on or prepared for. It is a crapshoot.

Exactly. Johnson only had 3 catches on 3 targets for 31 yards. Two of those receptions were in the 4th quarter. It's like they don't want to win is all I can figure out.

Not understanding this post coming from you.

Barkley puts up like 10 stupid dump offs a gane and the Giants arent much better on offense than the Cards. And they actually have an elite weapon at WR and arent starting a fresh rookie at QB.

Why would you assume winning would mean 10 stupid dump offs for DJ?

I feel many of you think it is a video game and the Cards could just force it to their 97 overall RB 20 times with the same play and do well. The defenses they are going against each week are trying too. They understand DJ is their single good weapon. Then even if DJ is open and uncounted for you still have a fresh rookie in there making the decisions.

Im not saying they shouldnt try to get it in his hands more. But it isnt just so easy as magic. It isnt a video game. Sure rheir coaching probably sucks. But not every team in the league is going to have sean payton and drew brees.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000975904/article/cardinals-fire-offensive-coordinator-mike-mccoy

well, he is fired. good thing too.

maybe the new guy can make the offense run a little better.

Not understanding this post coming from you.

Barkley puts up like 10 stupid dump offs a gane and the Giants arent much better on offense than the Cards. And they actually have an elite weapon at WR and arent starting a fresh rookie at QB.

Why would you assume winning would mean 10 stupid dump offs for DJ?

I feel many of you think it is a video game and the Cards could just force it to their 97 overall RB 20 times with the same play and do well. The defenses they are going against each week are trying too. They understand DJ is their single good weapon. Then even if DJ is open and uncounted for you still have a fresh rookie in there making the decisions.

Im not saying they shouldnt try to get it in his hands more. But it isnt just so easy as magic. It isnt a video game. Sure rheir coaching probably sucks. But not every team in the league is going to have sean payton and drew brees.

You're right, they should just ignore Johnson because everyone knows he is good....