Sign in to follow this  
cavern

David Johnson - is it pretty clear he's not coming back

i have had him as a playoff lottery ticket for a while now. is it pointless to have him rostered in a redraft? i would think we'd be hearing that he's getting better, etc, if there was any chance of his playing

what a shame. never seen a wrist injury take a guy out for the entire season, especially a wrist injury that occurred week 1.

not saying it isn't legit, just very unlucky

Didn't someon on this board say that way back after his injury?

It was reported 2 weeks ago on NFL.com that neither he nor Palmer would come back this season.

We have one IR spot and get to keep up to two players each year. This thread just reminded me to check on D. Johnson. He was available. I just picked him up. I will have tough keeper choices next year, but I feel like I just found a gold watch in the street. He should be 100% next year, right?

We have one IR spot and get to keep up to two players each year. This thread just reminded me to check on D. Johnson. He was available. I just picked him up. I will have tough keeper choices next year, but I feel like I just found a gold watch in the street. He should be 100% next year, right?

yes.....guy was a difference maker. got 16 ppr points in week 1 were palmer was crapppin the bed and detroit were playing like the 85 bears

Wait, so in a keeper league with an IR spot, he was on the waiver wire?

Wait, so in a keeper league with an IR spot, he was on the waiver wire?

Yes. Isn't that crazy? I remember him getting dropped. I don't remember why I didn't pick him up right away. In case you are wondering, this is a 12 team league and I would say at least 8 owners are really active and know what they are doing. I'm not sure how this happened. The guy who dropped him has Beckham on IR.

I got Gronkowski the same way last year.

He'll remain in my IR spot just to strike fear into my opponents and remind them I made the playoffs without the #1 overall pick. :lol:

Sadly I decided to keep him in my IR spot over Rodgers and one of the other playoff teams scooped him up way earlier than I was expecting. :cry: :wall:

So he keeps OBJ and must have another stud keeper like Elliot.

His next best players are probably Watson and Cooper. He has had Watson taking up a roster spot this whole time. He has been out of the running for a while.

I'm guessing he will be keeping Watson and Beckham. We can keep 0-2, we give up our 1st and 2nd round picks to keep players.

It's ppr and we only have to start 1 rb, so RBs are devalued somewhat.

Wrist injuries are typically not career enders.

If it was bad to a point where he was fumbling the football It could be an issue, but I'm not expecting it.

with a guy like him your bad injuries would be something that affects his best physical tool (his speed)

ACL, MCL, PCL, Lis Franc. those are the type of injuries that you dont wanna see.

I think you just got yourself a keeper for free.

congrats.