Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Florida shooting survivor says CNN gave him ‘scripted’ questions at town hall event

Arming teachers? Have you people gone completely insane?

I doubt I would have lived through HS if my teachers were packing, I guess for some of you that might be an upside.

I love the nutcases here. Anything anti establishment is fake news and some elaborate conspiracy of the networks. Any website that contradicts is a conspiracy and lies. But anything pro trump or establishment is pure and never in question at all no matter how silly it is.

I researched Hogg, he is a student at that school and not a crisis actor like I had originally thought.

This other kid simply didnt want his scripted questions. Its normal for someone on tv to be directed and handed questions. It doesnt mean the network is evil, it just means usually people suck at being on tv and they were helping. Put average joe in front of a camera and all you will get is um, uhh, umm, like, um. Network knows this and tries to help. Agenda? Sure a little, but mostly just wanting it to go smooth.

Oh and arming teachers is the dumbest idea in history. Lets give underpaid, high strung people dealing with little monsters all day loaded weapons when there is a minuscule chance he will ever need it. Never heard a worse idea. Will relish watching Dumbeski support it because it was Trumps idea.

Well said

Also have to love the armed vets at every school. Does anyone realize how many public schools there are?? 98k+

So we are going to find 98k+ veterans with nothing better to do? Never mind if one or a few aren't very stable...

cdub is right up there with wiff in terms of :wacko:

Liberalism isn't the only mental disorder, conservatives are really trying to catch up

TIL facts are crazy.

• Like 1

Why not the father of bad ideas?

sexist :mad:

its the cisgender of bad ideas..wait, scratch that, just saw the lgbt thread.

TIL facts are crazy.

You don't post facts chief.

Now...better get back to your Jew bashing...

You don't post facts chief.

Now...better get back to your Jew bashing...

How dare I say something factual bad about jews, or blacks or Mexicans or Canadians or the french or koreas or Democrats or slavs

I don't give a sh1t about your PC culture I'ma call a spade a spade.

How dare I say something factual bad about jews, or blacks or Mexicans or Canadians or the french or koreas or Democrats or slavs

I don't give a sh1t about your PC culture I'ma call a spade a spade.

You continually mistake your biased opinion for facts.

It has nothing to do with PC culture

Also have to love the armed vets at every school. Does anyone realize how many public schools there are?? 98k+

So we are going to find 98k+ veterans with nothing better to do? Never mind if one or a few aren't very stable...

Better have three or four in each school, one won't be able to cover the whole building at once.

Better have three or four in each school, one won't be able to cover the whole building at once.

3%ers or The Oath Keepers will do it for free. Just gotta ask.

Yea if Im a nutcase planning to shoot up the place Ill just plan accordingly and blast them first. They wouldnt be standing vigilant every second of the day, their job is 99.999999% to do nothing and not take action. On the lottery winning odds Chance a shooting happens and they need to spring into action, its doubtful they would make a difference. Great way to spend that budget that the school probably couldnt afford in the first place.

Yea if Im a nutcase planning to shoot up the place Ill just plan accordingly and blast them first. They wouldnt be standing vigilant every second of the day, their job is 99.999999% to do nothing and not take action. On the lottery winning odds Chance a shooting happens and they need to spring into action, its doubtful they would make a difference. Great way to spend that budget that the school probably couldnt afford in the first place.

All the HS's in Central Florida had 1-3 on duty officers on campus at all times. This was 2004-2008 and I can only imagine they have turned it up even more. In my counties particular case why not get the officers back to doing street work and instead of paying multiple people just employee one person who already has tactical training?

Officers and one/two points of entry/ exit. School is locked down when classes start.

As was posted in the other thread...read the whole story.

The network has categorically denied the charges.

There is absolutely no truth to this

And they've been so truthful to date you feel compelled to believe them. :rolleyes:

Officers and one/two points of entry/ exit. School is locked down when classes start.

Maybe we can just send our kids to school in prisons. FFS, unbelievable.

Locking doors in a school while classes are ongoing is like prison to you? Nobody says they can't leave.

Locking doors in a school while classes are ongoing is like prison to you? Nobody says they can't leave.

Maybe it was the locked doors with armed guards. :dunno: By the way, wouldn't letting them leave when they want create openings for shooters to enter?

Maybe it was the locked doors with armed guards. :dunno: By the way, wouldn't letting them leave when they want create openings for shooters to enter?

They would have to be checked in by the officers when they re-entered. It's not a big deal, and it's security 101. Make a soft target more difficult to penetrate. Nothing is perfect.

They would have to be checked in by the officers when they re-entered. It's not a big deal, and it's security 101. Make a soft target more difficult to penetrate. Nothing is perfect.

Do we also do a headcount twice a day? Everyone out of the classrooms in to the hallway. Stand in a straight line!!! No contraband!!!

Do we also do a headcount twice a day? Everyone out of the classrooms in to the hallway. Stand in a straight line!!! No contraband!!!

Ok, what do you got?

People really need to stop thinking about how to prevent school shootings in progress and focus on stopping them before they start.

Don’t don a suit of armor to protect yourself if you stub your toe. Move the table and pay attention so it doesn’t happen in the first place.

• Like 1

No, they can go to school at the airport. TSA has a stellar track record keeping us safe, though you'll have to arrive two hours early for class to ensure your shoes won't be used as a weapon.

By the way, that isn't a specific attempt to troll you, HT. I just find it interesting that whenever anyone discusses any type of gun control, the hardline NRA types throw out the (misattributed) Ben Franklin quote about giving up liberty in exchange for security, yet here we are discussing giving up liberties in exchange for security to appease them.

By the way, that isn't a specific attempt to troll you, HT. I just find it interesting that whenever anyone discusses any type of gun control, the hardline NRA types throw out the (misattributed) Ben Franklin quote about giving up liberty in exchange for security, yet here we are discussing giving up liberties in exchange for security to appease them.

I don't think locking the doors of a school while class is in session is some sort of surrender of our liberites. Call me nuts.

I don't think locking the doors of a school while class is in session is some sort of surrender of our liberites. Call me nuts.

The idea that locking all of the doors and keeping multiple armed security guards on anything from a high school to an elementary school isn't unusual...yeah, if that doesn't sound crazy to people then the state of our country is quite sad. I don't think Donnie has to wonder why people aren't flocking to the US from Norway.

The idea that locking all of the doors and keeping multiple armed security guards on anything from a high school to an elementary school isn't unusual...yeah, if that doesn't sound crazy to people then the state of our country is quite sad. I don't think Donnie has to wonder why people aren't flocking to the US from Norway.

Ok, so what's your plan? This is funny.

Ok, so what's your plan? This is funny.

For one, lets stop with the stupid idea that any form of gun control is the first step toward becoming North Korea. If you want to use some of your ideas in conjunction with it go ahead. My problem is with the "any gun control is horrible, so lets come up with a million plans that feel far more like a police state rather than address guns at all". Trump's suggestion of raising the legal age limit to 21 is a pretty good starting point (and no, I don't mean 'a pretty good starting point, and then we ban AR-15s next!'). Just sick of the "gun control is a slippery slope to tyranny and it won't prevent all bad people from getting a gun so it is completely useless and then they will just knife a hundred people instead anyway" bullsh*t that now has us at the point where we even have to consider having armed guards so a 6 year old can go to class without getting killed.

For one, lets stop with the stupid idea that any form of gun control is the first step toward becoming North Korea. If you want to use some of your ideas in conjunction with it go ahead. My problem is with the "any gun control is horrible, so lets come up with a million plans that feel far more like a police state rather than address guns at all". Trump's suggestion of raising the legal age limit to 21 is a pretty good starting point (and no, I don't mean 'a pretty good starting point, and then we ban AR-15s next!'). Just sick of the "gun control is a slippery slope to tyranny and it won't prevent all bad people from getting a gun so it is completely useless and then they will just knife a hundred people instead anyway" bullsh*t that now has us at the point where we even have to consider having armed guards so a 6 year old can go to class without getting killed.

Good post.

That's going to take a while. A long while. What do you want to do in the meantime?

For one, lets stop with the stupid idea that any form of gun control is the first step toward becoming North Korea.

It is history has proven this. Go read a book. specifically Nazi table talk series.

My problem is with the "any gun control is horrible,

We already have gun control with plenty of laws already on the books. This latest shooting could have been prevented by the law doing their focking job.

Trump's suggestion of raising the legal age limit to 21 is a pretty good starting point

That's not his suggestion and he's never publicly said as much.

Just sick of the "gun control is a slippery slope to tyranny and it won't prevent all bad people

We don't care that you're sick of hearing the truth. Just because an argument has been around for a long time doesn't make it any less true. Besides I'm sick of girly men crying about stupid sh1t, yet here you are.

and then they will just knife a hundred people instead anyway" bullsh*t

https://www.cnn.com/2016/07/25/world/japan-knife-attack-deaths/index.html

Knife attack kills 19. More than parkland

has us at the point where we even have to consider having armed guards so a 6 year old can go to class without getting killed.

We protect our money with men w/ guns our gold with men w/guns or leaders with men w/ guns. I am protected at work by men with guns. So yeah I don't have a problem protecting our children with men with guns. Seems to work for pretty much everything else.

That's going to take a while. A long while. What do you want to do in the meantime?

Like I said, if you want to use the security idea as a short-term thing that is fine as long as we are actually doing something to address the situation, which to this point the people suggesting armed guards have done so entirely as an alternative to doing anything about guns. If we are just putting armed guards in all of our schools as the next step in blowing off the big issue, then we are saying we care more about our guns than our society in general.

Like I said, if you want to use the security idea as a short-term thing that is fine as long as we are actually doing something to address the situation, which to this point the people suggesting armed guards have done so entirely as an alternative to doing anything about guns. If we are just putting armed guards in all of our schools as the next step in blowing off the big issue, then we are saying we care more about our guns than our society in general.

You lumped me in with the do-nothing crowd. I don't think psychos like this kid should be able to purchase guns. Neither do pro 2A people. The problem in this instance wasn't the law. It was the people charged with enforcing the law not effectively doing their job.

You lumped me in with the do-nothing crowd. I don't think psychos like this kid should be able to purchase guns. Neither do pro 2A people. The problem in this instance wasn't the law. It was the people charged with enforcing the law not effectively doing their job.

Sorry about that, I was more addressing your comment that armed guards in our schools doesn't seem like giving up any liberties...the thought that we have to resort to that SHOULD feel like a major loss to our society. I was arguing against making that move while taking an "oh well, what can you do" attitude towards the situation. We're never going to have a return to a society where you could let your kids go anywhere in the neighborhood without getting kidnapped, or leave your doors unlocked without getting robbed, but we should be aiming for a society where we don't need armed guards to protect kids in school.

Sorry about that, I was more addressing your comment that armed guards in our schools doesn't seem like giving up any liberties...the thought that we have to resort to that SHOULD feel like a major loss to our society. I was arguing against making that move while taking an "oh well, what can you do" attitude towards the situation. We're never going to have a return to a society where you could let your kids go anywhere in the neighborhood without getting kidnapped, or leave your doors unlocked without getting robbed, but we should be aiming for a society where we don't need armed guards to protect kids in school.

It already is the case in a lot of schools.

It already is the case in a lot of schools.

And it is sad. If the hardline NRA folks had their way we would just have armed security in every school, church, hospital, and probably any building with more than 100 people in it, and treat it like a completely rational way to live.

Just like I said about Columbine. Now we find out that there is another armed numbnuts rent-a-cop coward. Which is why I hate cops in general. I remember Columbine and those fuckers sat around and formed a perimeter while little kids died. 20 years later same thing.

And this fat fecking will hang out behind his police Union and claimed that he feared for his life. Just like all the other cowards. And that's what Trump wants? Yeah that's what we need more cowards with guns in schools. That's a good idea.

Oh please Jesus make him a transexual homosexual negro and he will be completely blameless!