Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

Official Latavius Murray breakout thread!

Following his 90-yard score, Murray's 107 yards on the evening represented 14.4 percent of the Raiders' season total.

I worry they may have caught the Lions for 31st place.

And there's the issue. Inside the tackle box, it's a legal hit.

Exactly. It also fails to establish point 1 of "lining up" the offensive player, but it was inside the tackles. It was a regular football tackle.

I have to deal with this when I coach. I have parents screaming for penalties that aren't there and refs calling things that aren't penalties because they use the over-simplified term of "helmet to helmet".

And there's the issue. Inside the tackle box, it's a legal hit.

Yeah read that, even though wasn't initially aware of that caveat. Thought he was outside the left tackle anyhow.

Yeah read that, even though wasn't initially aware of that caveat. Thought he was outside the left tackle anyhow.

Drop it you're wrong was a good legal tackle

As soon as my buddy pointed out how good murray was doing, my first thought was "when does he get hurt and dash all of our hopes?" It probably will never come to fruition just because he is on a few of my dynasty teams.

As soon as my buddy pointed out how good murray was doing, my first thought was "when does he get hurt and dash all of our hopes?" It probably will never come to fruition just because he is on a few of my dynasty teams.

Yeah, concussions are funny animals. That was a brutal hit. Ironic that he fumbled on the play, as Murray went 450+ carries at UCF and only lost one fumble. Glad he has ten days to recover.

He's definitely raw. He needs to work on running in traffic, getting that head down quickly. DeMarco Murray has a similar upright style, but watching him he's very quick to get low in the pile and actually dish out punishment.

Glad a team finally figured out who their best runningback is. Now we just need the 49ers to realize Hyde is better than Gore.

((Cool Story Bro alert)) I started Murray in both my $ Leagues this week! I'm a Raider fan and just had a feeling. I even called my shot on one of my League message boards on Tuesday saying in essence.."I have a feeling he goes off". One of my buddies mocked my decision to start him after the post, which makes it even better that Latavius produced. When he ripped off that 90 yard bolt I got a text from him with..."90 yards. Damn you're a genius". To me, that's the best part of FF is rolling the dice with your gut and being rewarded. Joique was my other RB choice. Let's hope Murray, who is a physical freak with speed, size, and a cool Brohawk bounces back from that nasty hit and Sparano gives him a healthy dose of touches going forward. Schedule ROS is tough though..

Started him!

Too bad for the injury. He might have scored 50!

Good call, Giants Fan.

I started him due to KC being among the league worst in YPC allowed. Their RB-allowed numbers were skewed by them having not allowed a touchdown to an RB all season.

I just hope he gets back in 10 days.. I think despite a tough schedule he will be match up proof

Ok, and here we have an equal and opposite over-reaction. Latavius is not 'matchup proof'. Latavius is "cautiously optimistic possibly explosive addition to my fantasy team" fodder.

I snagged him in 2 leagues! Unfortunately I didn't start him in either. Fock

I did the same - but what optimism he engenders going forward!

Ok, and here we have an equal and opposite over-reaction. Latavius is not 'matchup proof'. Latavius is "cautiously optimistic possibly explosive addition to my fantasy team" fodder.

Agreed not to over-react, but hard not to after watching that vicious cut and acceleration through the hole. Lets see what happens if he plays next week

Apparently he tweeted that he's fine. I'd like to see him clear protocol and practice this week.

I told you he could gallop like a racehorse....giddy up.

Apparently he tweeted that he's fine. I'd like to see him clear protocol and practice this week.

Lol... wish it were so. When was the last time a player tweeted he wasn't fine? My thought was at least he wasn't knocked cold. Those are usually the worst concussions. He was up pretty quickly, even realizing I think that he'd lost the football on that play.

I guess Raider beat writers were really giving it to Sporano, for waiting so long to make a move. I know I'd called on this forum that it should have happened weeks ago, not when the season is already lost. I can't believe he STILL brought McFadden back in to take snaps on the next series, even putting Murray on kick return duty. What an absolute blockhead. The populace in the East Bay are running ads in the fishwraps calling for a return of Hue Jackson, but not sure if Reggie Mac is having any of it. Our next coach might be across the bay.

What a complete and total f*cking moron. This ass hat needs to take his tinted raybans, his gold chains, and his gay ass tough guy goatee and go tend bar at Rickys. He can sign autographs on Friday nights and pimp the buffet special. I especially loved the genius statement that Murray was "going to have to work on that," in reference to fumbling after the hit. Like any football player could hold onto a ball after getting smashed in the grill with the force of a 2 by 4.

What a clown. He can't go soon enough.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000432117/article/tony-sparano-pumps-breaks-on-latavius-murray-train

What a complete and total f*cking moron. This ass hat needs to take his tinted raybans, his gold chains, and his gay ass tough guy goatee and go tend bar at Rickys.

Ricky's is too good for Sparano. Let him stack dinner trays at the Golden Corral in San Lorenzo if he's going to insist on pumping the brakes of our new Ferrari!!

If he is too blind to see that Murray is the only outside chance he has of saving his job, then he deserves what he gets. I heard the crowd after those two TD runs. They were excited for the first time all season. They will not take no for an answer.

Oh this is that thread where he made one good call and retired forever as the top predictor in sports history.

Or wait was that a dif thread? It was some guy who played for the Ravens I think? Tuiososopo or something?