Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

What kind of dog food do you guys buy your dogs?

What is the problem with grains in pet food? Is gluten intolerance contagious?

Has nothing to do with the grain itself. They use the grain as filler to make more bulk. Less grain means more meat and the other good stuff.

I have a lunatic friend once. She was a hypochondriac for her dog. One of the things she would do is order pure kangaroo meat from Australia for this poor dog. She kept changing the dog's diet about every 2 weeks at best. And then she complained that the dog had an upset tummy. Well no , you keep changing what the poor thing eats every 42 minutes.

Give me a weekend with this dog and he's eating french fries and cheeseburgers and loving life.

It is so obvious that they Market dog food to women. Whatever the latest diet fad is, it suddenly now the latest dog diet fad. Right now, the big deal is gluten free dog food. But it's always been something.

Ladies, your dog eats its own shiit. Hell it eats other animals shiit. I don't think it really gives a good god damn about gluten or high fructose corn syrup or what the fuuck ever you're obsessing over this week.

Stalking within seconds in a dog food thread.😄

Wandered in and noticed your usual vomiting at the keyboard is hardly stalking.

Of course, I get your paranoia, you're the same guy who actually thinks people create alternate online personalities for the sole purpose of giving you a hard time.

Makes sense.

😉

Has nothing to do with the grain itself. They use the grain as filler to make more bulk. Less grain means more meat and the other good stuff.

Why isnt grain good stuff?

My prior cat had a prescription diet for kidney stones, so I hadnt been to a pet store in a while. Got a new kitten and was surprised how much attention was being paid to grain content in both cat and dog food. I can understand cats a little better, because they are more carnivorous than dogs. But I think Wiff might be on to something too.

Im sure meat is better than corn filler with meat flavoring. My old dog gets can meat w/gravy stuff. He loves that stuff. My younger small dog gets hard food and table scraps.

What is the dogfood with the blue things in it?

My neighbor took my small dog to their house as a play date and my dog ate all the little blue crystals out of the food lol.

My prior cat had a prescription diet for kidney stones, so I hadnt been to a pet store in a while. Got a new kitten and was surprised how much attention was being paid to grain content in both cat and dog food. I can understand cats a little better, because they are more carnivorous than dogs. But I think Wiff might be on to something too.

Not interested in a long back and forth or debate. Heres some excerpts from a quick google search that basically say what I already said (sigh). Grain is filler in pet food and less of it means more of the better stuff. Its not the devil, its just not the best.

Advantages: Grain free diets can contain more of the ingredients that your cat would be eating in the wild. Proteins like fish and meat are found in greater amounts in some grain free foods.

The high grain content of many pet foods is a primary contributor to the growing obesity and allergy problems in pets (this does not mean that all grains are bad for dogs and cats;)

Im a believer in personal responsibility.

Give a dog a bowl of food, you feed him for a day. Teach him to hunt and scavenge, you feed him for life.

Wandered in and noticed your usual vomiting at the keyboard is hardly stalking.

Of course, I get your paranoia, you're the same guy who actually thinks people create alternate online personalities for the sole purpose of giving you a hard time.

Makes sense.

😉

They're coming to take me away, ha! ha!, they're coming to take me away!

Not interested in a long back and forth or debate. Heres some excerpts from a quick google search that basically say what I already said (sigh). Grain is filler in pet food and less of it means more of the better stuff. Its not the devil, its just not the best.

Advantages: Grain free diets can contain more of the ingredients that your cat would be eating in the wild. Proteins like fish and meat are found in greater amounts in some grain free foods.

The high grain content of many pet foods is a primary contributor to the growing obesity and allergy problems in pets (this does not mean that all grains are bad for dogs and cats;)

I can use the google machine too, thanks. I’m interested in something more scientifically validated. I can’t find much, but there are arguments for both sides.

Judging by pet food aisles, it would be easy to conclude grain is the debbil. It pretty funny the same people who mock gluten free human diets accept the gospel when applied to their pets.

I can use the google machine too, thanks. Im interested in something more scientifically validated. I cant find much, but there are arguments for both sides.

Judging by pet food aisles, it would be easy to conclude grain is the debbil. It pretty funny the same people who mock gluten free human diets accept the gospel when applied to their pets.

Christ....Ugh why do I do this to myself when I know better? Why do I try?

Yes Pen, you are right. You win. They are all wrong and you are right. Whatever your point is, whatever it is you are trying to say, yes, you are right.

What kind of food do you feed your cat?

Yes Pen, you are right. You win. They are all wrong and you are right. Whatever your point is, whatever it is you are trying to say, yes, you are right.

:)

Its not about being right. I just want to understand the rationale behind the diet. You gave me the pop science/common sense answer...I want to know if that is scientifically validated or just marketing BS.

Also, Im sorry if critical thinking is painful for you :(

What kind of food do you feed your cat?

My wife bought something that is grain free, with cartoon animals on the label. I think the latter was more important in her decision to purchase the brand she chose.

My wife bought something that is grain free, with cartoon animals on the label. I think the latter was more important in her decision to purchase the brand she chose.

Does it have meat in it? If so, what kind?

So this is her cat?

Fish.

I cant remember. Do you and your wife eat fish as well?

Did your wife choose a food with fish as the source of protein for pescatarian reasons?

I cant remember. Do you and your wife eat fish as well?

Did your wife choose a food with fish as the source of protein for pescatarian reasons?

Yes we do, but she doesn’t eat a lot of seafood. I think she chose the food because kitties like fish and the label was cute :dunno:
  • Like 1

Are you guys SERIOUSLY arguing about focking dog and cat food? Jesus focking Christ this place

Yes we do, but she doesnt eat a lot of seafood. I think she chose the food because kitties like fish and the label was cute :dunno:

Y'all eat fish?

Are you guys SERIOUSLY arguing about focking dog and cat food? Jesus focking Christ this place

How do people who live in Texas dress when they go out?

Many leading veterinarians are cautioning against a high protein diet for our pets. These high protein diets occur in levels are higher than are found in naturally occurring diets. As a result significant stresses are placed upon cats and dogs renal systems. The instances of kidney liver and other systemic failures in cats and dogs these days is approximately 30% higher than was found a mere 15 years ago. And, while efforts are being made to establish viable organ banks for pets, there are many legal and technical issues to overcome before that day can become a reality.

Far more important veterinarians say, is to provide your pet with a balance of foods. And most importantly, to make your pet feel comfortable with whatever he or she consumes and at whatever quantity he or she consumes it. Far more dangerous than renal failure or puppy onset diabetes is the growing trend of body dysmorphia among our cats and dogs.

Many of our pets are body shamed at dog parks and told that they are too heavy or too skinny or any number of animal bullying tactics. It is important to sit with your pet and make them realize that they are special and beautiful no matter how they look.

Experts advise pet owners to limit pet screen time to minimize the amount of unrealistic body expectations they absorb on a daily basis. Also, contact your pet veterinarian or pet psychologist at the earliest instance of bingeing or purging. As these can be signs of a lifetime of Eating Disorders among our beloved cats and dogs.

Watch Peter Caine dog training on YouTube.

He recommends a raw meat diet. He also reviews processed dog foods ( mostly negative)

Get lost in some of his trips to Walmart or Lowes videos. He has a dry sense of humor catalogued in a almost daily diary of video channels. Strikes me as an intelligent guy with a mild case of OCD.

His Bigfoot/alien videos borders on bizarre. Completely staged nonsense to get likes.

Yes we do, but she doesnt eat a lot of seafood. I think she chose the food because kitties like fish and the label was cute :dunno:

Gotcha. Thats actually kinda cool that your cats diet isnt in conflict with yours.

Party on gar.

Maybe he has 2 dogs.

2 Dogs was a great poster- back in the day.

2 Dogs wasnt his full name.

• Like 1

How do people who live in Texas dress when they go out?

Ask your mom

Dog Chow. Cheap. Dog gets great Vet reviews. Cheerios. after I eat. Little Bastard costs me more in Cheerios than food. Vet says it good for him.....

Funny how people think they should eat vegan and dogs should not eat grains.

• Like 1

I like those dogs playing poker paintings.