Sign in to follow this  
Marshall

*cough* Monday Night Football in Mexico City *wheeze*

I thought that the weather would be almost perfect for tonight's game. That remains true - but what I didn't realize until just now was that the basic atmospheric conditions there pretty much suck:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/11/20/pollution-mexico-city-azteca-stadium-oakland-raiders-houston-texans-monday-night-football/94169752/

Oakland is at sea level, but has some practice playing Denver at Mile High (5,280 ft.) every season. Their experience may not make much difference though, as Azteca Stadium is 2K feet higher than that, at 7,280 feet - and is cloaked in heavy pollution to boot.

Apparently both teams may be adversely affected, so expectations may need to be lowered a bit.

Anyway...CRAP. :bandana:

I was not a fan of Steve Young, having grown utterly tired of his ceaseless whining and sacred underwear when he was Joe Montana's backup for the Niners. However, he seems to have grown a little wiser with time, and it was interesting to hear his take on tonight's game.

He was pretty upset, calling it just a 'marketing game' for the NFL and saying that the scheduling of it is all wrong for a game with such important implications this late in the season. Not only are season ticket holders cheated of a 'home' game, but what happens if the crappy conditions cause Oakland to suffer a loss, instead of taking the lead in their division? He said that such 'marketing' games should only take place pre- or early season, when the games' results don't matter as much.

Anyway, he went on - and I agree. : )

I have been to Mexico City.

It's not going to be like playing in London.

Well, at least Oakland didn't play a Sunday nighter then have to travel and play the best team in the league the next Thursday.

But yeah, plenty fans pissed at Mark Davis for agreeing to do this.

He said that such 'marketing' games should only take place pre- or early season, when the games' results don't matter as much.

Early season wins count just as much.

You just think they don't.

First 5,000 fans get a giant laser.

A little surprised that the Patriots haven't already done that promotion at Gillette.......

• Like 1

Oh I don't know , his hair cut is a really bad joke.

I read he travels something like 500 miles for that haircut

I think that his barber probably made him sign an NDA - so we may never know for certain. Man...can you imagine becoming known for doing work like that? :o

There is no way the man owns a mirror.