Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

NFC Conference Championship: Green Bay at Atlanta: In-Game Discussion

All of the injured WRs for the Packers are active...

Inactives

Packers: QB Joe Callahan, RB Joe Kerridge, WR Max McCaffrey, OT Kyle Murphy, DE Christian Ringo, RB James Starks, WR Herb Waters

Falcons: WR Nick Williams, RB Terron Ward, CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson, S Dashon Goldson, LB Josh Keyes, OL Wes Schweitzer, TE DJ Tialavea

On either 2nd or 3rd down with 3yds to go, I would like to have seen a draw play to Montgomery. If Rodgers is just going to throw 60-times, they are doomed.

On either 2nd or 3rd down with 3yds to go, I would like to have seen a draw play to Montgomery. If Rodgers is just going to throw 60-times, they are doomed.

It's McCarthy they will pass 80

The missed kick and turnover are BRUTAL. More brutal, the d is wide open and Kyle is working them and giving Matthew Ice easy looks and throws. It's never over this early with Rodgers at qb but they need something good to happen to them very soon.

Will this mean less Green Bay commercials on the offseason ?

If (heavens forfend) the Steelers win tonight, it'll create a Super Bowl that I won't be watching.

That was not good.

It sucks to have injuries add up like they have for the Pack. But the Falcons are executing at least well enough to make them pay for the first time in 2 months. Crazy season.

This reminds me of the Broncos in Super Bowl XXIV. It was an excruciating game to watch, even for those of us who couldn't stand Horse Face & Co.

Worse now though, since I like the Pack. :mellow:

Another great playoff game. Focking amazing. Cant wait for the NHL/NBA playoffs since those sports actually have WATCHABLE playoff games.

Coming next? NE will be up 35-0 by the first half too. Not even watching that garbage.

At least in a few weeks this shiat is over. My goodness, make it stop.

I was going to say if a team could come back from 24 it would be GB and Aaron Rodgers and if a team could lose a 24 point lead it would be Atlanta. But I think Julio just put this away. Dan Quinn > Mike Smith

Money.

I thought maybe the Falcons were underrated or the Packers were possibly overrated.

Didn't realize it was both in a big, big way :shocking:

• Like 1

This reminds me of the Broncos in Super Bowl XXIV. It was an excruciating game to watch, even for those of us who couldn't stand Horse Face & Co.

Worse now though, since I like the Pack. :mellow:

I'm surprised your not throwing any love behind Dan Quinn.

Green Bay beat folks for 2 months. And Rodgers is legit. But their defense has been ripe for the picking for a good while. And the injuries stacked up to unrecoverable levels. Add in that they started off far too slow today to survive what Atlanta had for them on offense.

The NFC South makes it to another sb.

I have -1.1 in one DK lineup. GB has -4 right now, never thought they'd be getting blown away like this.

At what point does ATL pull Ryan?

Its unusual to have a whole half as garbage time.

Rodgers and Co should fatten up before it is over.

I have -1.1 in one DK lineup. GB has -4 right now, never thought they'd be getting blown away like this.

At what point does ATL pull Ryan?

That last td should be enough. This is especially the case if GB doesn't score right now. No need to play around with Ice. He's only played the best season of his life.

Mike McCarthy proves yet again he is a clown and ARod proves yet again he can't win the big one

A Rodgers has won a Super Bowl proving he can win the big one.

A Rodgers has won a Super Bowl proving he can win the big one.

so did Mark Rypien, Trent Dilfer, Ken Stabler, Jim McMahon, Jim Plunkett, Brad Johnson, Joe Namath and Jeff Hostetler

That's correct.

Also Phil Sims and Doug Williams and Bob Greise.

So they proved like A Rodgers that they could indeed win the big one.

....and Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, and Ben Roethlisberger and Eli Manning and Steve Young and Brett Favre and Drew Brees and Terry Bradshaw and Bart Starr and.......

That's correct.

Also Phil Sims and Doug Williams and Bob Greise.

So they proved like A Rodgers that they could indeed win the big one.

:lol:

....and Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, and Ben Roethlisberger and Eli Manning and Steve Young and Brett Favre and Drew Brees and Terry Bradshaw and Bart Starr and.......

:huh:

they all won it once?

they all won it once?

Sorry, I didn't know that you only wanted the one win guys (Plunkett and Griese both won twice).

That's Favre, Young and Brees from my list. Additional ones not mentioned would be Len Dawson, Johnny Unitas (but he did win championships before the Super Bowl existed), Joe Theisman, Kurt Warner, Joe Flacco, and Russel Wilson

Mike McCarthy proves yet again he is a clown and ARod proves yet again he can't win the big one

This whole discussion started because you voluntarily made this statement that "ARod proves yet again he can't win the big one."

You don't get to change the direction of the conversation then once another poster rightfully points out that Rodgers has in fact won the big one. Trying to lump him in with other lesser rated one time winning QBs like Rypien or Dilfer doesn't do anything to change the fact that you were wrong.

If you want to make the statement that Rodgers should be lumped in with the Rypiens or Dilfers when it comes to SB winning QBs than that's fine, but don't try to change the subject retroactively just to cover up the fact that you were wrong.

• Like 1