Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

AFC Conference Championship: Pittsburgh at New England - In-Game Discussion

I think it's gonna be even closer than that.

I've struggled with this. I still have nothing hot or bold prediction-wise. This is two good teams. Steelers are healthy. Pats are the Pats. Gronk would make me take the Pats with stern confidence. No gronk tho...

I can't shake the feeling that Pittsburgh will be able to run and that'll be the difference if so. I need to be proven wrong about New England's defense being ripe for the picking. It's not to a Green Bay level but ripe nonetheless imo.

We'll see. I'm especially scurred cuz I think Tom is due to show up and play super well.

Pitt 31 Pats 20.

The flea-flicker is still my favorite play. Especially when they go for touchdowns.

So Tomlin. You take a CB and have him cover Hogan

Pretty easy right

Yep. The non-explanation was weak too. They aren't playing well though. Road Steelers in the house...no Bell is huge too.

This game is over. Fock. The Unwatchable Super Bowl awaits. Whatever. Who even cares anymore?

YAWN. Wake me up in 10 years when something in the NFL has changed. Boring.

This game is over. Fock. The Unwatchable Super Bowl awaits. Whatever. Who even cares anymore?

Falcons and Pats will be phenemal game.

Agreed. Whats the opening line? Will it favor Atlanta?

Bell down.

Wondering if those 30 carries last week had something to do with that groin injury. That was a ballcrusher. Now the game plan for Brown and your other WRs aren't up for it. Hate to say, they might miss Bryant this year.

HUH? What? Are you kidding me? In an NFL playoffs that had ONE good game and your convinced that thsi game will be good? murf.... No way bro. Over by halftime. Atlanta will mysteriously play like crap and The Pats will dink and dunk their way to the end zone every posession. Atlanta has no defense and will not score many points at all. I hate to say this but its reality.

I think Atlanta's offensive line is really getting after it. They've got two weeks to rest Julio. That defense is hitting hard, Rodgers isn't easy to get a helmet on. Yeah, they can win this game.

Lol that flag gets thrown against the Raiders.

and every other team. That is happening every play too

and every other team. That is happening every play too

I mean, there was a perceptible shift of the head. But no way was he turned looking for the ball. Ref was right there too. Two or three flags are coming out if that's DJ Hayden.

I think Atlanta's offensive line is really getting after it. They've got two weeks to rest Julio. That defense is hitting hard, Rodgers isn't easy to get a helmet on. Yeah, they can win this game.

Yep. Pats will be favored cuz Pats, but Atlanta has a real chance. Their oline is good, their talent is solid and Matthew Ice has been solid with and without time to throw. It'll be interesting even if it isn't 'dramatic'. Most people only enjoy close games apparently. I prefer those too but I like seeing how matchups go even if one team just wins big because of a few calls. Or because they are healthier and/or better.

Yep. Pats will be favored cuz Pats, but Atlanta has a real chance. Their oline is good, their talent is solid and Matthew Ice has been solid with and without time to throw. It'll be interesting even if it isn't 'dramatic'. Most people only enjoy close games apparently. I prefer those too but I like seeing how matchups go even if one team just wins big because of a few calls. Or because they are healthier and/or better.

I just think Julio is a freak. You can't game plan for the physical gifts those guys have. Plus Ryan spreads the ball around.

Got a close up view of Atlanta in Week 2, when they came into Oakland and won a shootout. Raider fans were self combusting after that loss. Little did we know that was a Super Bowl offense.

This is hands down the best offensive line Matty Ice has ever seen in the ATL.

Obviously Pats have a huge edge in their coaching staff and QB experience. With two weeks prep, the Hoodie is going to be tough to beat.

? Aren't they the top two offenses in the league. Should be an electrifying Super Bowl on paper.

Atlanta also has a capable defense. They're so underrated. They shut out Green Bay in the first half. A Green Bay offense that was unstoppable this post season.

Worst thing that happen to the Steelers fans and to us betting on them.

Tomlin and is staff.

They don't know how to adjust.

He's a Cheerleader.

Amen.

Worst thing that happen to the Steelers fans and to us betting on them.

Tomlin and is staff.

They don't know how to adjust.

He's a Cheerleader.

Amen.

Fact

Big Ben was uncomfortable and now talking retirement.

Steelers are now behind in the development of their next Qb.

Tomlin was talking about knowing about bells injury beforehand.

They're saying the steelers could be in the same trouble seattles in.

They should be.

Anything being reported what the penalty might be ?

Haven't heard anything concrete. Looks like a draft pick penalty for Seattle.

Interesting read on what Bud Dupree said.

The Steelers Defence were caught off guard by the Pats offense.

Once again showing the weakness of the Steelers coaching staff to prepare their team.

They have the talent but not the coaching.

Don't know if Big Ben is going to retire or not but he doesn't sound like a happy camper.

And I for one think coaching as a lot to do with it. They seem reluctant to adjust to the flow of the game.

Interesting read on what Bud Dupree said.

The Steelers Defence were caught off guard by the Pats offense.

Once again showing the weakness of the Steelers coaching staff to prepare their team.

They have the talent but not the coaching.

Don't know if Big Ben is going to retire or not but he doesn't sound like a happy camper.

And I for one think coaching as a lot to do with it. They seem reluctant to adjust to the flow of the game.

Belichick > Tomlin

yeah, it's a no-sh!t sherlock kinda statement, it's on par with "whoever wins the turnover battle will win the game".

Look - I don't want to go all Pats homer here but measuring your coaching staff against BB is unfair- for anyone in the NFL - .

BB is leagues beyond everybody. His preparation is... maniacal, detail-oriented, obsessive, emotionless, introverted, rain-man like.

It's the old, "he'll beat you with his 11, he'll beat you with your 11" type thing.

But I get where you're coming from... it's a problem for PIT... they can't beat NE right now - they haven't really been able to beat NE for a while now... and they still keep coming to the games with the same-old same-old Pittsburgh Steeler gameplans. And it doesn't work - hardly ever.

• Like 1

I bet Brady wet his pants with excitement when Pitt beat Kansas City. Had to be thinking, "Sweet, I'll get to throw to wide open receivers all day against that same zone they always play." THen he probably did the Napoleon Dynamite YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! Then he probably got back to folding Giselle's laundry.