Sign in to follow this  
giraldi02

2017 Off-Season Dynasty Trades

In the spirit of last year's thread..which...was derailed at times, figured it would be a good way to keep the offseason trade talk going here for us in dynasty leagues.

Link to last year's thread: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=452575&page=3&hl=%2Boffseason+%2Btrade&do=findComment&comment=5623151

Recent trade:

I gave Marcus Mariota, Martavis Bryant, 2017 2nd rounder

For Russell Wilson, Tyreek Hill, 2017 3rd and 4th rounder

This league requires a rookie draft pick forfeited for each player kept on the taxi squad (1st and 2nd year guys)...which was part of the reason I was willing to part with the second rounder. Currently I have Dak, Kenyan Drake, Robby Anderson, and Malcolm Mitchell on my taxi. Coupled with Tyreek, I need all the roster spots I can have so these picks help.

Additionally, scoring includes .03 points for every 10 return yards (kickoff/punt)

Traded Gurley for Brees and Sterling Shephard

I gave Jordan Matthews

I got Dak

That's an interesting one. Four point passing TDs I'm guessing? Also, unlimited contract years?

That's an interesting one. Four point passing TDs I'm guessing? Also, unlimited contract years?

3 year max just like Zealand. 4 pt pass td. I am a Matthews fan, but I had to get rid of Luck and Matthews hasn't been consistent. I like Dak a lot. I also didn't want to feel obligated to get a qb back for Luck, who I used to get Julio.

• Like 1

I'm negotiating now for 2017, shopping AJ. It's a complicated keeper system...basically could probably acquire Gronk or Landry at this point. We keep 5 in full PPR, who'd you rather have? Definitely keeping Freeman & Rawls.

AJ, Moncrief, Tyrell

TY, Gronk, Moncrief

TY, Gronk, Tyrell

TY, Landry, Moncrief

TY, Landry, Tyrell

12 team, ppr, start 1qb,2rb,3wr,1te,1flex rb/wr/te

Traded Tyrell Williams, Ameer Abdullah, pick 3 and 6

Got Jimmy Graham and pick 1.

I probably over paid, but my feelings are. I have a really good, deep, young team (defending champ too (cheap plug)).

My only real lack of depth is a backup TE. And a true number 2 RB. I use a mish mash of guys at that number 2 spot.

Also, the team with the second pick in the draft is in desperate need of a RB also, so staying at number 3, I wasn't gonna get either Cook, or Fournette. Now I'll get my pick, hopefully I pick right.

Offers I've considered:

1.12+2.01+3.06 for Doctson

Charles, ware, jimmy g for perkins, vereen and jordy.

Offer I accepted:

Julius thomas and a 2 for Leonte caroo and a 5.

Offers I've considered:

1.12+2.01+3.06 for Doctson

Charles, ware, jimmy g for perkins, vereen and jordy.

Offer I accepted:

Julius thomas and a 2 for Leonte caroo and a 5.

That Thomas deal, I think you raped the guy. And I don't even like Thomas. Good job there.

I like the first offer for you for the draft picks. This is a nice class, plus I hated Doctson last year. I was very vocal to pass on the guy, and feel like I was right. I could be proven wrong eventually, but for year 1, I nailed it.

Your second offer, is kind of a lot there. Need more info to figure that one out. How do you feel about the K.C and Gia back fields. What are your needs, how would Jordy fit in, or be subtracted.

Traded Gronk and Sammy Watkins

Received Julio Jones, Michael Floyd, Jared Cook

I'm negotiating now for 2017, shopping AJ. It's a complicated keeper system...basically could probably acquire Gronk or Landry at this point. We keep 5 in full PPR, who'd you rather have? Definitely keeping Freeman & Rawls.

AJ, Moncrief, Tyrell

TY, Gronk, Moncrief

TY, Gronk, Tyrell

TY, Landry, Moncrief

TY, Landry, Tyrell

Traded AJ, a 4th & 11th for Landry, a 3rd & 8th. So now my returners will likely be Hilton, Freeman, Landry, Rawls & Moncrief.

That Thomas deal, I think you raped the guy. And I don't even like Thomas. Good job there.

I like the first offer for you for the draft picks. This is a nice class, plus I hated Doctson last year. I was very vocal to pass on the guy, and feel like I was right. I could be proven wrong eventually, but for year 1, I nailed it.

Your second offer, is kind of a lot there. Need more info to figure that one out. How do you feel about the K.C and Gia back fields. What are your needs, how would Jordy fit in, or be subtracted.

I took Carroo in the 2nd round of our rookie draft last year, and it the fins don't resign Stills the kid could have a nice role.

The picks v Doctson - I'm high on the kid and I don't know enough at this time to gamble that an end of the first round pick will equal Doctson in long term value. You're right for year one, but I have him on taxi squad in a dynasty for another year so it's all good for me to hold him.

KC/NYG backfields are about the same at this point imo. Doubt about roles/health/who will be there next year when the points start flying. My team needs TEs and I traded Martavis Bryant for Jordy after the year ended a couple weeks ago. I did so with the intention of sending Jordy to a win now team (my own is rebuilding) for youth and or picks.

I like ware. Don't know if JC will ever be back to form. Still think Charles/Ware is roughly equivalent to Vereen/Perkins. So then it's down to Jordy v Jimmy G. In a dynasty league I think Perkins/Vereen/Jordy has a bit more value than Charles/Ware/Graham. Not much, but a little more - and that's likely because I'm gun shy that Charles will truly make it back.

Jordan Matthews that's an interesting one. Three point passing TDs I'm guessing? Also, an unlimited contract of years?

4 pt. 3 year max contract

I gave Julio, Forte, 2017 3rd

I got 1.01 and I think it's 1.07

I was trying to trade him or Brown. I still may trade Brown.

I gave Julio, Forte, 2017 3rd

I got 1.01 and I think it's 1.07

I was trying to trade him or Brown. I still may trade Brown.

You got a target at #1, or is it still a fluid situation for you?

You got a target at #1, or is it still a fluid situation for you?

Fournette most likely. A little bit risky trading for the 1 pick before the NFL draft, but in this instance I feel pretty confident.

Fournette most likely. A little bit risky trading for the 1 pick before the NFL draft, but in this instance I feel pretty confident.

Latest Rotoworld mock has Fournette going to Cleveland, meaningless in terms of likelihood of happening, of course, but it does highlight the risk component.

I like Hue as much as the next guy but the talent level in Cleveland rhymes with LA and Gurley.

I know that how that old saying goes, but both size........... and destination, actually do matter.

Seems like half the people out there like Cook 1 (myself). The other half like Fournette 1. Either way, those are the clear cut top 2 picks for rookie drafts.

Question is. What would you do if your guy gets drafted to a team with a RB already and is a projected backup or platoon guy for a year or 2. And the other back gets drafted to a crappy team, but is the clear cut starter.

Do you take your guy anyways? Or do you take the guy you weren't quit as high on, on the crappy team because at least he's gonna start.

Question is. What would you do if your guy gets drafted to a team with a RB already and is a projected backup or platoon guy for a year or 2. And the other back gets drafted to a crappy team, but is the clear cut starter.

Do you take your guy anyways? Or do you take the guy you weren't quit as high on, on the crappy team because at least he's gonna start.

It depends on your definition of a crappy team. If it's a team with a lousy O-line that sucks at run-blocking, then no. Being a starter in that situation can be seriously frustrating.

On the other hand, being a backup or a member of a platoon doesn't seem to be as confining as it used to be. With the rate of injuries showing no signs of slacking off, that seems to be the more secure position to be in (assuming it's a good team otherwise).

Latest Rotoworld mock has Fournette going to Cleveland, meaningless in terms of likelihood of happening, of course, but it does highlight the risk component.

I like Hue as much as the next guy but the talent level in Cleveland rhymes with LA and Gurley.

I know that how that old saying goes, but both size........... and destination, actually do matter.

I don't see Depodesta taking a RB with the 1 pick.

I don't see Depodesta taking a RB with the 1 pick.

Of course!

The mock has Clev taking him with their 2nd pick of round 1, which belonged to Philly.

Hard to say if Clev would or not at that point.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/69049/344/nfl-mock-draft-20

1. Cleveland Browns - EDGE Myles Garrett, Texas A&M - Likely viewed as the draft’s top prospect. Reportedly dealt with a high ankle injury this season. NFL teams have to rush the passer, and drafting players like Emmanuel Ogbahand Carl Nassib don’t prevent you from adding Garrett.

2. San Francisco 49ers - EDGE/DL Solomon Thomas, Stanford - Thomas is a really, really, really good football player. It is impossible to predict what the 49ers will do, since they will have a totally new group of decision makers and coaches. Thomas can rush from the edge or possible work inside. In this scenario the 49ers end up with Jimmy Garoppolo, perhaps for a 2018 first round pick.

3 .Chicago Bears - QB Mitch Trubisky, UNC - If you think previous years included conflicting quarterback opinions, just wait on this year. Trubisky was a starter for one season. It is vital to evaluate his play when pressured and forced outside of structure, since so much of UNC’s offense is about rhythm.

4. Jacksonville Jaguars - DL Jonathan Allen, Alabama - This would be a great selection, and many teams might view Allen as the No. 1 player in the draft. The Jaguars invested cash and picks into the defensive line, but a team can never have enough disruptors.

5. Tennessee Titans (via LA) - FS Malik Hooker, Ohio State - Some might render football down to turnovers and big plays. Hooker can create big plays and turnovers thanks to his extreme range from his safety spot.

6. New York Jets - LB Reuben Foster, Alabama - Yes, back to back linebackers in the first round for the Jets. But this allows the Jets to have both types of backers as Foster is an aggressive missile.

7. San Diego Chargers - S Jamal Adams, LSU - I could see the Chargers going with an offensive lineman, but instead I’ll choose a safety who many view as a top 10 talent in this class.

8. Carolina Panthers - EDGE Taco Charlton, Michigan - For better or worse, Dave Gettleman has a size fetish at multiple positions. Despite producing a high number of sacks the Panthers defense needs plenty of edge rushing help so they can get to the quarterback with four men on a consistent basis.

9. Cincinnati Bengals - WR Corey Davis, WMU - The Bengals have two pass catching threats that defenses must account for (A.J. Green and Tyler Eifert). We saw what happens when both go down.

10. Buffalo Bills - QB Deshaun Watson, Clemson - If Doug Whaley identifies a target, he goes out and gets them (see E.J. Manuel (assistant GM) and Sammy Watkins). All signs point to the Bills moving on from Tyrod, which I view as a mistake.

11. New Orleans Saints - CB Marshon Lattimore, Ohio State - In full disclosure, I am terrible at projecting where corners are drafted. We saw Eli Apple and Artie Burns selected early, which was a total surprise for me. The Saints ended the season with corners like B.W. Webb, Sterling Moore, De’Vante Harris and Taveze Calhoun out on the field with a number of others on I.R.

12. Cleveland Browns (via PHI) - RB Leonard Fournette, LSU - The Browns lack an identity on offense. That happens when you rotate quarterbacks. Fournette would allow this team to have an identity on offense, and remember how the Browns featured the run early in 2016. Is it a stretch to suggest an analytics focused front office could select a running back in the first round? Possibly.

13. Arizona Cardinals - QB DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame - I’m not done with evaluations, but I like Kizer the most of these quarterbacks. There are inconsistencies, but there are also stretches of quarterback play that are exactly what you want to see, even when pressured. The Cardinals need to look ahead at the quarterback position.

t14. Indianapolis Colts - EDGE Tim Williams, Alabama - Talent wise, Williams could go much earlier and might be the second best edge rusher in this class. Some will classify him as just a just a pass rusher, and some would be wrong. Williams can stay on the field in any scheme.

t14. Philadelphia Eagles (via MIN) - RB Dalvin Cook, FSU - I love Dalvin Cook’s game. The Eagles offense can shift with any “type” of running back. They showed that in 2016. Cook is a big play threat who also wins after contact.

I don't think Trubisky makes it to the Bears. I believe Garappolo goes to one of Cleveland, San Francisco, or Chicago. Then either Cleveland or San Francisco take Trubisky. I really hope the Bears get Garappolo because I don't want to have to hope neither team ahead of them takes Trubisky. In that instance they are left reaching for Watson or taking a defensive player, neither of which will make them a legit contender imo.

I recently sent Martavis Bryant and got Jordy in return.

Then in another league I saw him traded for the 1.02.

I recently sent Martavis Bryant and got Jordy in return.

Then in another league I saw him traded for the 1.02.

I'm becoming shocked at what people are willing to pay for Martavis. In hindsight, I feel like I got reamed on my trade.

I guess I just don't believe in his ability to get off the grass and wanted to rid myself of him. But holy smokes he's fetching some nice hauls

Browns don't have a bad RB tandem in Crowell and Duke. I'm sure they have bigger needs.

Browns don't have a bad RB tandem in Crowell and Duke. I'm sure they have bigger needs.

Crow is a rfa this year. That said I agree that the Browns have bigger needs and expect them to take Myles at 1.01 and then trade back from 1.12.

I'm a true believer that the same could be said for 25- 30 teams every single year to the point where it almost never makes sense to take a RB before round 3.

The Browns should build an OL, D, and get a QB before allocating significant capital to the most easily replaced position with a short shelf life. At the same time assuming a team and front office will have the patience required to build the foundation that brings about a wide championship window would be naive in todays NFL. So many more considerations appear to take precedent because of varied agendas. Having an offensive skill position star gives team fans a ray of hope for the future > makes games more fun and exciting to watch for most > puts butts in the stands (revenue) > sells jerseys (revenue), and potentially gives organizational employees more breathing room for tenure. IF Cleveland feels there is a not a QB that could step in and give fans the ray of hope I'm referring to, it may increase the chances they make a pick such as the one in the referenced mock. I also think its likely Fournette is gone by 12 anyway FWIW so I think it may be a better Cook spot. In any case it wasn't my mock and intended to highlight the previously mentioned idea of risk regarding valuing rookie picks at this point in the season.

Bottom line, I agree with the part of your premise that the Browns shouldn't take a RB at 12 based on the value of that contribution to building a future winner, but I disagree that makes them any less likely to do so. Other considerations and agendas are often in play.

• Like 1

Don't you dare send Cook to the Browns.

Your post was reported!!!!

• Like 1

Don't you dare send Cook to the Browns.

Your post was reported!!!!

Might not be that bad a spot in PPR.............Hue is a solid offensive coach and no question they will have at least a few years of come from behind game script potential. If they can make it out of the "so bad nothing is good" realm, a guy like Cook could turn into a reasonably consistent PPR asset there.

12 team, ppr. Start 1qb,2rb,3wr,1te,1 flex.

Kenneth Dixon, Laquon Treadwell, 1.8

for 1.1

for 1.1

I don't know how each team is set up but that seems a reasonable trade on both sides.

Seems like a good move for both sides to be also, not to sure what to expect from either one going forward.

for 1.1

I feel like the 1.1 side got fleeced. Bunch of meh for Dalvin Cook? No thanks.