Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

Rookie contracts are so dumb!

I know bradfords play will affect jackson the most and he most likely wont have an impact. But what the heck is going on with this ridiculous money these guys get!! i know people whine about rookie contracts all the time but why not just do something like this...

Rookies should get a million or so TOPS per year! if they want more, play well!!!! They can blow up and then hold out for more money like the lower round guys. "but not every rookie gets a chance to play, some sit on the bench, some are low on the chart." Oh boo hoo you get a fat chunk of money to hold a clipboard or sit on a bench for a few hours a week! If they dont like it, get a job at mcdonalds! Seriously its just stupid!

to make this rant fantasy relevant ill throw out a bradford projection. 3100 20 17

for what he's getting paid he better get 4000/27/2. but id say 2700/14/19

Gulp.....I shouldn't even say this, but....in order to get rookie contracts in order, gulp, I would be willing to go through a lockout...and not have NFL for a year!!! Now someone slap me into sense.

If the owner is dumb enough to pay that kind of money it is their own fault. They have a choice to trade the #1 pick for a proven NFL stud and pay that proven talent decent money or draft a 21 year old kid and pay him big bucks to adjust to the NFL.

Doesn't effect me what the players are paid. Any games I go to I can get great seats for decent money, NFL sunday ticket is only $6 a weekend and being able to buy jerseys from china makes merchandise dirt cheap. :doublethumbsup:

Gulp.....I shouldn't even say this, but....in order to get rookie contracts in order, gulp, I would be willing to go through a lockout...and not have NFL for a year!!! Now someone slap me into sense.

YOU SHOULD BE KILLED!!! LOL jk, i hear what ur saying and on one hand these things take time and it might work out if theres a stoppage. On the other hand, ive gone on record saying that if I couldnt watch football for a year id kill myself without hesitation.

A rookie salary cap should be the most important element of the new CBA.

It will be, and they won't have much problem getting it implemented. The veterans don't give a crap about rookies. They've got theirs. It'll be one of the easiest points to negotiate.

The work stoppage will likely come about anyway, and probably last 2-3 games. The players will cave in. Despite the union and their agents warning them to be ready, they'll give in once they miss a couple game checks. There will be no preseason. The new 18 game schedule won't be impacted too heavily; they'll end up playing 14-16 games after a couple weeks of camp.

:thumbsup: Way over played for never playing a snack in the NFL.