Sign in to follow this  
bazinga

Week 16 Sleeper RBs

For those of you who may be looking for an RB2 or flex play, here are a few I can think of that could put up double digits:

Gerhart vs. Titans: Tennessee ranks 30th in points given up to backs and I see the Jags being more motivated for this game since it is at home. Gerhart has not reached double figures yet this year but maybe this is the week he gets nearly 20 touches and a short TD.

Shonn Greene @ Jags: Greene was the lead back for the Titans last week, who rank 27th in points allowed to opposing backs and they have given up 8 TDs to backs in the past 6 games. Its tough to trust Greene though with Whitehurst at QB for the Titans and the Jags are capable of slowing down mediocre running teams.

Alfonso Smith vs. Chargers: With Gore and Hyde both looking very questionable to play this week, Smith should get plenty of carries behind what is still a very good o line. However, Smith only has 2 career games with double digit carries and his career high is only 54 yards. San Diego has also not allowed a rushing TD in the last 5 games.

Reggie Bush @ Bears: Bush hasn't had a great track record on the road over the past few years but this could be a productive game for him for many reasons. The Bears are a train wreck and with Classen starting for the Bears, Detroit should have no problem winning this game comfortably. The bears have also given up 5 TDs to backs over the last 3 weeks. Bell has dominated the backfield for Detroit recently but I wouldn't be surprised to see Bush be more involved to keep Bell fresh fot the week 17 game at GB. I could easily see 12-15 touches for Bush and possibly a long TD run or catch.

One problem: many here were screaming CHRIS JOHNSON's name last week against tenn and revenge. Guess what? Small numbers.

When two crappy teams play, it usually is crappy. No big numbers, just a lot of crap.

Stay away and thank me later.

One problem: many here were screaming CHRIS JOHNSON's name last week against tenn and revenge. Guess what? Small numbers.

When two crappy teams play, it usually is crappy. No big numbers, just a lot of crap.

Stay away and thank me later.

Agreed.

I'm throwing Toby in a couple $1/$2 daily tourneys but NFW (no _____ way) am I trusting ANYONE from Jax or Titans with a spot on a Championship game lineup.