Sign in to follow this  
Death Pool Update: Rapper Lil Peep at 21...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/rising-rapper-lil-peep-dead-at-21/ar-BBF2k5p

Lil Peep, the New York rapper who mixed guitar-driven emo and rap production on mixtapes that gained millions of plays on SoundCloud, died Wednesday night at age 21. A representative for the rapper confirmed his death to Rolling Stone, but said that the cause of death was undetermined.

"I am shocked and heartbroken," said Sarah Sennett the CEO of First Access Entertainment, a management and publishing company that partnered with Lil Peep last year in a statement. "I do not believe Peep wanted to die, this is so tragic. He had big goals and dreams for the future which he had shared with me, his team, his family and his friends. He was highly intelligent, hugely creative, massively charismatic, gentle and charming. He had huge ambition and his career was flourishing."

"I've been expecting this call for a year," the rapper's manager Chase Ortega tweeted. "Mother f---."

Born Gustav Åhr on November 1st, 1996 in Long Island, New York and raised in Long Beach, Åhr dropped out of high school and completed his GED through computer courses before moving to Los Angeles. "I moved out here straight out of high school thinking I was going to pay rent with this SoundCloud rap career I had going on," Lil Peep told Pitchfork in 2016. "But it turned out I couldnt really do that yet. So I had to go back [to Long Island]." He soon returned to the West Coast and recorded some of his best-known material in his apartment in L.A.

He released his debut, Lil Peep Part One, through Bandcamp in December of 2015: The project mixed languorous guitars, bracing, often bleak lyrics "I got a feeling that I'm not gonna be here for next year," he sang on "The Way I See Things" and trap drums. Åhr continued to refine this sound on a series of releases; the latest, Come Over When You're Sober, Pt. 1., arrived in August.

Peep was hailed as a young artist reviving emo for a hip-hop age. Åhr described his sound as "a whole new thing." "It's good for the emo genre as a whole and all the fans and all the people who ever liked it, because its going to keep it relevant," he added. "It's just adapting to the new sounds that people want to listen to when they hop in the car and s---."

Even as he accumulated millions of streams across platforms, Åhr admitted that he struggled with drug use and suicidal thoughts. "I suffer from depression and some days I wake up and Im like, F---, I wish I didnt wake up," he told Pitchfork. "That was part of why I moved to California; trying to get away from the place that was doing that to me, and the people I was around. I realized it was just myself it's a chemical imbalance in my brain."

As news of his death spread, rockers, producers and rappers remembered Lil Peep on Twitter. "Lil Peep forever," wrote Fall Out Boy's Pete Wentz. "Peep had so much more to do, man; he was constantly inspiring me," Diplo added. Chart-topper Post Malone posted a photo with Peep and added, "In the short time that I knew you, you were a great friend to me and a great person. Your music changed the world and it'll never be the same."

No more peeps...

^^^That. Never heard of him, could give two craps.

but would you give 2 peeps?

We roast peeps over a fire like you do marshmallows. The sugar on the outside caramelizes like crème brulee. I believe it is the only possible way to eat one.

If a tree falls in the woods ...

If a tree falls in the woods ...

yes it does

We roast peeps over a fire like you do marshmallows. The sugar on the outside caramelizes like crème brulee. I believe it is the only possible way to eat one.

Glad I opened this thread. Never tried it as I'm not a fan of peeps. But I've made/enjoyed hundreds of s'mores.

Glad I opened this thread. Never tried it as I'm not a fan of peeps. But I've made/enjoyed hundreds of s'mores.

Give it a try, you'll be amazed.

Ooh. Dat's a good idea. I'ma have to try that one.

What sucks is apparently nobody from his family showed for the funeral.

Not a peep

Prolly a good thing. Imagine going there and meeting his father. You must be Big Pepe??

Charles Manson is next

If everything happens in 3's, Fred Durst or Kid Rock are next. They're the last one's left of all these crappy rap/rock bands.

If everything happens in 3's, Fred Durst or Kid Rock are next. They're the last one's left of all these crappy rap/rock bands.

Uhh

And like that, the cure for cancer is gone.

I don't know anything about Lil Peep other than was some dead rap star for teenagers which I learned from this thread. From that screenshot alone, I know that the world is a better place today than it was yesterday.

• Like 2

I hope I can keep my kids away from drugs. I dont see any reason why theyd turn to drugs, but Im sure thats what every parent says.

Ive never heard of him, and as soon as I saw a pic I assumed he was a joke....but i kept seeing articles and decided to listen to a song....

And it honestly kind of interested me. It could just be that my expectation was as low as could be, and I havent dug into the lyrics too deeply, as he apparently sang quite a bit about his personal problems, but I like the feel of it on initial listen.

I hope I can keep my kids away from drugs. I dont see any reason why theyd turn to drugs, but Im sure thats what every parent says.

My Dad had 5 kids.

4 have normal jobs, married with kids, living a normal life.

1 was a heroine addict. Hes probably smarter than the rest of us, but choices he made in his early 20s screwed him.

My kids are young (3 and 1) but already, it worries me.

My Dad had 5 kids.

4 have normal jobs, married with kids, living a normal life.

1 was a heroine addict. Hes probably smarter than the rest of us, but choices he made in his early 20s screwed him.

My kids are young (3 and 1) but already, it worries me.

The guy I took over for at work has 2 successful kids and one that would be considered a borderline loser. Extremely wealthy family, church-going, stay-at-home mom with dad being home by 5pm every night. Im convinced that its more about the decisions the kids make. Specifically friends. I was so close to making some terrible decisions as a kid after my parents divorced. Fortunately, I chose a good path.

LOL...total coincidence you named two individuals that are conservative. :doh: GAWD you're a focking hack.

LOL...total coincidence you named two individuals that are conservative. :doh: GAWD you're a focking hack.

Had no idea Fred Durst was a republitard. I have no idea who any of the musicians I like voted for, except Roger Waters. He made it pretty obvious when I saw him in July.

Its pretty focking weird that you seem like to music based on who they vote for though. Huge country fan?

It's really a shame

I will miss his off colored face tats

Bo must be crushed about her brother :(

Bo use to give him wedgies.

Then there was the day her friend Mary dressed him in Peep family wool, put him on a leash, and took him to school with her.

I was just taking a dump reading the newspaper. Apparently this cracker was local to me.

Just a few years older then my kids.

Thankfully they never heard of him.

Had no idea Fred Durst was a republitard. I have no idea who any of the musicians I like voted for, except Roger Waters. He made it pretty obvious when I saw him in July.

Its pretty focking weird that you seem like to music based on who they vote for though. Huge country fan?

WHERE do you get the impression I pick music based on politics? :dunno: Just because I know they're conservative is ridiculous that I listen to their music. If that was the case, I know Springsteen is a huge liberal and I still listen to his music. Liberal logic at its finest. :doh:

WHERE do you get the impression I pick music based on politics? :dunno: Just because I know they're conservative is ridiculous that I listen to their music. If that was the case, I know Springsteen is a huge liberal and I still listen to his music. Liberal logic at its finest. :doh:

So, your logic is that I dont listen to Kid Rock or Limp Bizkit because theyre republicans, but its RIDICULOUS to suggest that you would listen to them for the same reason. Solid. :wacko:

So, your logic is that I dont listen to Kid Rock or Limp Bizkit because theyre republicans, but its RIDICULOUS to suggest that you would listen to them for the same reason. Solid. :wacko:

Ridiculous you mention 2 singers out of hundreds of thousands and they happen to be notable conservatives. Solid.