Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Kurt Angle - 1996 Olympics - Gold match

Take a break man. You're almost at the end of the internet.

• Like 1

Has been so great having Kurt back in wwe this last year. He was one of the all time performers both in and out of the ring.

I totally expected a heel turn from the Iranian, post-match.

:first:

rake of the eyes. upper cut to the crotch. pull of the tights.

you know, all the stuff that cheater Ric Flair used to do

:first:

rake of the eyes. upper cut to the crotch. pull of the tights.

you know, all the stuff that cheater Ric Flair used to do

So Ed....here is an analogy. Flair = Patriots, or perhaps Brady. You are suffering from FDS (Flair Delusionment Syndrome)

So Ed....here is an analogy. Flair = Patriots, or perhaps Brady. You are suffering from FDS (Flair Delusionment Syndrome)

Football is still real to me damnit!

• Like 1

Speaking of WWE

Did they really think we wouldn't notice who he was imitating by spelling his last name Roode :wacko:

:thumbsdown:

Speaking of WWE

Did they really think we wouldn't notice who he was imitating by spelling his last name Roode :wacko:

:thumbsdown:

If that wasn't his real name, I would swear you were on to something. :doh:

If that wasn't his real name, I would swear you were on to something. :doh:

wow he's 40. takes a long time to break in to the big time.

name aside, he's a copycat mofo

Olympic wrestling is boring, largely because I can't figure out the scoring. Take a guy's back, but you don't always get a point? Splat yourself on the mat until the ref calls for you both to stand up? Or start with one of you on top; is there a clear reason how he chooses? And in the end the officials have some sort of scorecard to pick a winner if it is a tie? :thumbsdown:

Olympic wrestling is boring, largely because I can't figure out the scoring. Take a guy's back, but you don't always get a point? Splat yourself on the mat until the ref calls for you both to stand up? Or start with one of you on top; is there a clear reason how he chooses? And in the end the officials have some sort of scorecard to pick a winner if it is a tie? :thumbsdown:

Do you want an explanation? I will explain it if so.

"What I would like is for you fat, redheaded, out-of-shape, Boston Boneswallowers to sit down and keep your mouths shut while I take off my robe and show your lady what a real man looks like. HIT MY MUSIC!!!"

He's been doing the cross between HHH and Flair for a while. Was managed by Flair for a while.

AJ Styles is 40, Samoa Joe is 38, Nakamura is 37, Asuka is 36.

If they'd come to WWE 10 years ago, they probably wouldn't be having the success they're having now. Vince was avoiding indy stars like the plague. It wasn't until the past few years with HHH running NXT and pushing to bring these people in that WWE stopped shiiting on anything/anyone Vince didn't create.

"What I would like is for you fat, redheaded, out-of-shape, Boston Boneswallowers to sit down and keep your mouths shut while I take off my robe and show your lady what a real man looks like. HIT MY MUSIC!!!"

Pat knows stuff.

Dang, he was awesome back in the day. :thumbsup:

Come on 'skids,i am still alright. Or were you talking about rick rude?

Dang, he was awesome back in the day. :thumbsup:

He really was. later on he adopted a more corporate gimmick, but those few years in the late 80s were gold.

Yes, thanks. :cheers:

The rules during that match were along these lines

Aggression and being offensive was HEAVILY favored. When in neutral standing position if one wrestler was pushing the action and seen as the aggressor and the other as being passive he was awarded a top position.

In this style this is beneficial because you can score points from top position by turning or rolling your opponent over. The bottom man in that does not have to be offensive he is strictly defensive as to not get turned that is why you see him starfish out while the top man tries to turn him. After the top man is given ample time and has not turned him the ref will return them to neutral.

If you gain your opponents back due to an offensive move you will gain points. As said above aggression is always favored and not penalized. If you opponent gains you back via defensive move he will not gain points as to not punish the aggressive wrestler. So as you see when there is an arm drag or attempt at a throw that fails the aggressive wrestler is not punished for attempting these moves

Finally in the event of a tie the judges ruled in favor or the more offensive wrestler

That is the basics