Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

2018 offseason fantasy offer/trade thread

Obviously this is for dynasty, keeper, hybred, and contract leagues. I don't want the redraft players to be unfairly omitted.

BUT if anyone gets any offers or does any trades. Go ahead and post it here. We gotta keep the fantasy train moving, even in the offseason.

I got a potential offer that does seem interesting.

12 team dynasty. PPR scoring. Start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1flex.

Give: David Johnson

Get: Joe Mixon and 1.1

IDP Superflex orphan I took over this off-season. 10 team league 40 man rosters.

Gave Marvin Jones, 6.01

Get: Keelan Cole, Jamal Adams, 5.10

I would do that

• Like 1

At first I thought that this could be a decent deal. But in reality, how can you trade one of the top 2 backs in fantasy for 2 question marks? If Johnson was going into his 8th season, then maybe yeah, but if you think about it, he has only played as starter for 1.5 years. And his injury this year was due to a hand injury that will be gone completely by start of training camp.

With Mixon, what will happen on that team? They are a mess. And how can you count on a another rookie right out of the gate?

I guess if you believe that much in Mixon, and whoever rookie you take, then noone can blame you for it.

No way. DJ is arguably the top fantasy option the next 5 years.

Nope. Unless you think Barkley is going to be better than David Johnson this year I dont see the benefit. Pat Shurmur is being considered for the HC down in Arizona so the transition in offense could be fluid. Mixon has talent but the offensive line will not be fixed in a year. Keep the guy you know is one of the best in the league and should be for at least 3 more years, potentially a whole lot more than that.

At first I thought that this could be a decent deal. But in reality, how can you trade one of the top 2 backs in fantasy for 2 question marks? If Johnson was going into his 8th season, then maybe yeah, but if you think about it, he has only played as starter for 1.5 years. And his injury this year was due to a hand injury that will be gone completely by start of training camp.

With Mixon, what will happen on that team? They are a mess. And how can you count on a another rookie right out of the gate?

I guess if you believe that much in Mixon, and whoever rookie you take, then noone can blame you for it.

Nope. Unless you think Barkley is going to be better than David Johnson this year I dont see the benefit. Pat Shurmur is being considered for the HC down in Arizona so the transition in offense could be fluid. Mixon has talent but the offensive line will not be fixed in a year. Keep the guy you know is one of the best in the league and should be for at least 3 more years, potentially a whole lot more than that.

Who would you accept in place of Mixon for that deal to be acceptable?

Who would you accept in place of Mixon for that deal to be acceptable?

At least a Top 15 RB/WR who is young. Even then, DJ just turned 26 & the injury was to his wrist and not a knee.

Full keeper league I give pick #10 and #12 for pick #1. 14 teams std

Love that deal for you.

IDP Superflex orphan I took over this off-season. 10 team league 40 man rosters.

Gave Marvin Jones, 6.01

Get: Keelan Cole, Jamal Adams, 5.10

Interesting. What do you think the Jags receiving core is gonna look like next year?

No way. DJ is arguably the top fantasy option the next 5 years.

I've been thinking it over. But I just can't seem to do it. I think it's a fair deal, but I just like DJ way too much.
  • Like 1

Have been offered Melvin Gordon, Kevin White and 1.07 for Nuk and 2.05.

I'm not going to take it b/c I am ok at rb with Hyde/Crowell/J Stew but thin at wr with Nuk, R Mathews, J Mathews and P Richardson. And I belive K White is a bust, despite me wanting him to succeed as a bears fan.

20 teamer, ppr

I'm not going to take it b/c I am ok at rb with Hyde/Crowell/J Stew but thin at wr with Nuk, R Mathews, J Mathews and P Richardson. And I belive K White is a bust, despite me wanting him to succeed as a bears fan.

20 teamer, ppr

Good thinking. You keep Nuk for sure.

Interesting. What do you think the Jags receiving core is gonna look like next year?

Well, Lee and ARob are UFA this offseason. The Jags can also release Allen Hurns w/ no dead cap. I think Lee/Hurns walk and they keep ARob.

The Jaguars have a decent amount of cap space to ensure Robinson stays. It seems that many in the fantasy community want/believe Robinson will hit free agency, but I just don't see it. The Jaguars were the second best RZ scoring offense in the league w/o ARob. Imagine how good they might be with him back in the fold.

As for Cole/Westbrook/Greene, I think there's a lot of jockeying for usage there. This offseason will be key for all of them. With the team that I inherited though, I need to get younger and Marvin just won't help me ride out this rebuild.

TBH, Jamal Adams was what ultimately made me commit to this deal. I think he can put up Landon Collins IDP stats for quite some time.

20 teamer, ppr

Yeah I'd keep Nuk. I think if Kevin White was swapped w/ a more proven commodity it would be a bit closer...

But...to me...Nuk is in that category of untradeable in a non-contract dynasty. His age/talent/production despite QB is just beyond belief.

I've been thinking it over. But I just can't seem to do it. I think it's a fair deal, but I just like DJ way too much.

The big wildcard IMO is where Barkley ends up and that makes it to tough for me personally to value short term at this point but I would take the deal on a roster that isn't quite ready for prime time, though I haven't personally had one of those for awhile.

I think Barkley is an elite, complete RB and the math is too overwhelming if that viewpoint is correct.

Barkley is 20 yrs old, DJ 26, its not unrealistic to consider there is literally twice the career remaining or twice the dynasty value IF all things turn out to be equal, literally twice the value. Toss in Mixon and the math gives a lot of room for being slightly wrong on the eval as well.

I personally would trade Mixon because he isn't my cup of tea but almost guaranteed there is somebody looking to buy him low-ish in your league and I suspect you could get a strong piece for him, if not now, later. Cincy will make that OL a priority so I can see him being a trendy summer guy.

Someone is going to misunderstand, I'm not saying make the deal because of the ages, the eval is crucial............ if you don't believe in Barkley it's a no go.

If you do believe, the overall value offred is too strong not to take it on a roster where one is trying to get to a place of overwhelming force in the next few years.

If you have a roster that is already realistically top 3 for '18 in the league then I think you have to wait and hope the deal is still available when we have more info.

Where does Barkley land?

Who ends up coaching the Cards, who is the O.C., and who is the QB?

There are more questions on DJ's '18 projections than I see being given credit here in addition to Barkley unknowns.

Arians system-usage was ideal for pass catching RBs going back pre-DJ. A little less PPR usage and a little less scoring by the offense, a little less accurate QB would not be shocking.

I know I'm going to get slammed, its hard to trade a known- top commodity (though as I say there are questions regarding DJ's projection as well).

All that said if you can get even more because everybody thinks its a slam dunk for the DJ side, even better. I'm not telling you Kopy or anybody else to make that deal, just saying I would. That's the fun, we all get to run our own teams.

Trade just went down in a 12 PPR start 1 RB

TeamA got B Cooks, Perriman, 2.8, 2.12

Team B got Cohen, Crowell, Ebron, 2019 mid/late 1st

I love the team B side. Never been a big Cooks guy. And have been touting the Perriman bust since before his combine year. Cohen, has shown he can be a fantasy factor. His usage was actually really puzzling to me for most of the year. I've always loved Crowell. I cross my fingers he gets the heck out of Cleveland this year, as I have him also. Ebron, meh. But the a first also.

Love the B side.

The big wildcard IMO is where Barkley ends up and that makes it to tough for me personally to value short term at this point but I would take the deal on a roster that isn't quite ready for prime time, though I haven't personally had one of those for awhile.

I think Barkley is an elite, complete RB and the math is too overwhelming if that viewpoint is correct.

Barkley is 20 yrs old, DJ 26, its not unrealistic to consider there is literally twice the career remaining or twice the dynasty value IF all things turn out to be equal, literally twice the value. Toss in Mixon and the math gives a lot of room for being slightly wrong on the eval as well.

I personally would trade Mixon because he isn't my cup of tea but almost guaranteed there is somebody looking to buy him low-ish in your league and I suspect you could get a strong piece for him, if not now, later. Cincy will make that OL a priority so I can see him being a trendy summer guy.

Someone is going to misunderstand, I'm not saying make the deal because of the ages, the eval is crucial............ if you don't believe in Barkley it's a no go.

If you do believe, the overall value offred is too strong not to take it on a roster where one is trying to get to a place of overwhelming force in the next few years.

If you have a roster that is already realistically top 3 for '18 in the league then I think you have to wait and hope the deal is still available when we have more info.

Where does Barkley land?

Who ends up coaching the Cards, who is the O.C., and who is the QB?

There are more questions on DJ's '18 projections than I see being given credit here in addition to Barkley unknowns.

Arians system-usage was ideal for pass catching RBs going back pre-DJ. A little less PPR usage and a little less scoring by the offense, a little less accurate QB would not be shocking.

I know I'm going to get slammed, its hard to trade a known- top commodity (though as I say there are questions regarding DJ's projection as well).

All that said if you can get even more because everybody thinks its a slam dunk for the DJ side, even better. I'm not telling you Kopy or anybody else to make that deal, just saying I would. That's the fun, we all get to run our own teams.

I agree with this take. I believe in Barkley, so I would take the deal. To me, potential landing spots aren't necessarily an issue... unless he ends up in NY (Jets).

1. Cleveland - They're going to take a QB, I'm pretty sure of that. Which one? I don't necessarily think that matters.

2. Giants - Barkley? If so, he'll kill it his rookie season in a backfield with Eli and receivers that will not allow defenses to put 8 in the box.

3. Colts - Barkley? Same as with the Giants. Being paired with Luck and Hilton will allow for Barkley to produce instantly.

4. Cleveland - Barkley? Probably not, but the Browns do have a good OLine. The QB they take will have a better pedigree than Prescott did, and we saw what Elliott did in Dallas.

5. Denver - I don't see how they pass on a QB

6. Jets - Same as Denver, but unlike with Denver, I don't think the Jets have anything complimentary to Barkley. I think Barkley would struggle here.

7. Tampa - Barkley? I'd seriously bet against it. They REALLY need a DE. But, if he does end up in Tampa, the Bucs have enough complimentary talent where a player like Barkley could catapult their offense.

8. Bears - They have Howard, they don't need Barkely

9. San Francisco - Barkley? If so, I see him having an excellent season with Garoppolo.

10. Oakland - Barkley? Another landing spot where he should have no problem putting up big numbers.

Essentially, I think there are 8 out of 9 destinations where Barkley will be in a favorable situation. I don't think he'll fall out of the top 10.

I agree with this take. I believe in Barkley, so I would take the deal. To me, potential landing spots aren't necessarily an issue... unless he ends up in NY (Jets).

1. Cleveland - They're going to take a QB, I'm pretty sure of that. Which one? I don't necessarily think that matters.

2. Giants - Barkley? If so, he'll kill it his rookie season in a backfield with Eli and receivers that will not allow defenses to put 8 in the box.

3. Colts - Barkley? Same as with the Giants. Being paired with Luck and Hilton will allow for Barkley to produce instantly.

4. Cleveland - Barkley? Probably not, but the Browns do have a good OLine. The QB they take will have a better pedigree than Prescott did, and we saw what Elliott did in Dallas.

5. Denver - I don't see how they pass on a QB

6. Jets - Same as Denver, but unlike with Denver, I don't think the Jets have anything complimentary to Barkley. I think Barkley would struggle here.

7. Tampa - Barkley? I'd seriously bet against it. They REALLY need a DE. But, if he does end up in Tampa, the Bucs have enough complimentary talent where a player like Barkley could catapult their offense.

8. Bears - They have Howard, they don't need Barkely

9. San Francisco - Barkley? If so, I see him having an excellent season with Garoppolo.

10. Oakland - Barkley? Another landing spot where he should have no problem putting up big numbers.

Essentially, I think there are 8 out of 9 destinations where Barkley will be in a favorable situation. I don't think he'll fall out of the top 10.

Hot take below

If Barkley lands in SF not only do I believe he is worth significantly more than DJ.............. but I think it will also become the prevailing opinion, and his ADP in dynasty startups will be higher than DJs prior to the start of this season.

Hot take below

If Barkley lands in SF not only do I believe he is worth significantly more than DJ.............. but I think it will also become the prevailing opinion, and his ADP in dynasty startups will be higher than DJs prior to the start of this season.

I agree to a point, but I don't think the majority of people picking would take Barkley over Johnson. I do think that his fantasy potential would be a lot higher in both Indy and Tampa, than it would in SF. I do think your "Hot take" would be more likely if he ends up in Indy.

I agree to a point, but I don't think the majority of people picking would take Barkley over Johnson. I do think that his fantasy potential would be a lot higher in both Indy and Tampa, than it would in SF. I do think your "Hot take" would be more likely if he ends up in Indy.

Sure..........if it was obvious, it wouldn't qualify as a hot take.

SF will steadily improve in perception as a long term landing place as the roster improves. Coach and GM are tied together with long term contracts and its among the most stable situations in the NFL for any young draft pick to land. Strong draft capital to be used gong forward as well.

Head coach is a young, current and proven successful offensive mind, in tune with todays NFL and the necessity of exploiting individual matchups (which can be FF gold). Note that head coach, with said contract, provides the system basis.......... unlike an OC who might get hot and then leave while the getting is good potentially necessitating a whole new O install, or a defensive minded coach who may end up with a revolving door at OC.

While its a small sample size, go look at the PPG and YDG rank post-Garrapolo as starting QB. My confident prediction is you will see a lot of FF media jumping on the SF bandwagon which will raise the owner perception of 49er values this off-season

I know where you are coming from when mentioning Indy and TB, and I honestly agree there probably is not going to be a bad landing spot.

Considerations though.......TB opted for another year of same-same and while it can work out for them I do not see them rising in FF perception without first proving it. If it doesn't go really well it seems likely Koetter will be shown the door. New coach, new system next year.

I'm not going to speculate much on Indy as they don't even have a coach yet and ownership seems a bit sketchy. I do kind of like the GM though.

Hot take below

He would be splitting carries with Breida.

He would be splitting carries with Breida.

I like Breida, believe he has a chance to develop, and his best pro football is ahead of him.

At the same time, in this hypothetical situation where SF takes Barkley, its doubtful they would spend that amount of draft capital with the intention of splitting carries to the tune of more than say 65-35..........and that's pretty much every NFL team at this point. In a highly productive offense a RB with 65% of the touches can be gold not only the whole year long without wearing down for a long career as well.

If you see SF take a less well rounded RB than Barkley, such as Chubb in the 2nd round who didn't look good in pass blocking to my eyes (small sample-bowl games so far for me), then I think ​Breida has a chance of forcing a more true touch split in that backfield in '18.

Hyde had 240 rushes, Breida had 105 rushes.

If the Niners do indeed draft Barkley there won't be a spit situation.

Breida would receive some work like he did with Hyde, but Barkley isn't Hyde, he's better.

Would like too see Barkley with the Niners

spit situation.

Barkley isn't Hyde, he's better

Barkley has zero yards in the NFL. Could turn out to be the next Curtis Enis, Lawrence Phillips, Rashaan Salaam, Ron Dayne, etc... for all we know.

Hyde is a very good NFL back. For real.

Barkley has zero yards in the NFL. Could turn out to be the next Curtis Enis, Lawrence Phillips, Rashaan Salaam, Ron Dayne, etc... for all we know.

Hyde is a very good NFL back. For real.

I agree Hyde is better than many seem to think. Very underrated runner and receiver.

He's an UFA this year and I could see him doing well in MIA or NYG (hopefully not SEA).

SF has Breida and last year's hype story Joe Williams on their roster. They need upgrades to their oline and secondary.

9ers could use more help at rb if they don't resign Hyde, but idk if they spend that much draft capital at the position.

I could see Lynch taking a cb or another lb in the first, while CLE or IND drafts Barkley.

I don't think they will resign Hyde.

I think Hyde could be with the Raiders.

And sure there is always a very good chance that any drafted player turns out too be a bust.

But I think Barkley pull be a very good player, unlike the necitve end of it like the Enis Phillips, Salaams of the world.

After all he will also be a first round pick so any time any team drafts any player there the potential for a bust.

I think Barkely is better player then Hyde and I think he has the potential too be a better NFL Rb.

After all his high floor is indeed why he's being ranked so high going into the draft.

I mean if everyone was so negative about every player being drafted, why would they have a draft.

Hyde won't be a Niner next season Brienda isn't on the same level as Barkely and the person that said that if Barkely became a Niner that he had Breinda would split rushing att is wrong.

Breinda didn't even split rushing att with Hyde in whom I think Barkely will be better then.

And with all that said, I think if Barkleys head on straight and he's ready too be a great player, and if I was the Browns I'm taking him.

The Browns need a player that can create instead offense and he his the player that could help them the most.

No WRs please and then with their second pick they can go get a QB.

Hyde is proven to be very good in the NFL, even on what was a horrible team. Depending on his landing spot he can be a top 5 back in the league.

Noone is down on Barkley, but if he goes to Indi or the likes of that, it could be a long road for him. Look at what happened to Mixon this year. Many said he was the most talented back in the draft. How did that work out?

For FF I think this is a crucial time of year to be having these discussions, but one thing that needs to be prepared for is the player landing spot. With Barkley ecpected to go high in the NFL draft, I see Cleveland as the only team where he could maybe be effective, unless some other team with a decent oline trades up.

And who knows, maybe Hyde will end up in NE and be their first feature back in while.

Was offered OJ Howard for my 2018 1.05 in a 20 team dynasty ppr.

Countered with my 1.05 for Evan Engram.

I'm in need of a TE since last year I had Gates & Ben Watson. Flirted briefly w the idea of sending my 1st to another team for Jimmy Graham but in hindsight I'm glad I didn't do that deal.

In the above trades I think 1.05 is too much for Howard. Equally sure he thinks 1.05 isn't quite enough for Engram. It's close though.

Thoughts?

Was offered OJ Howard for my 2018 1.05 in a 20 team dynasty ppr.

Countered with my 1.05 for Evan Engram.

I'm in need of a TE since last year I had Gates & Ben Watson. Flirted briefly w the idea of sending my 1st to another team for Jimmy Graham but in hindsight I'm glad I didn't do that deal.

In the above trades I think 1.05 is too much for Howard. Equally sure he thinks 1.05 isn't quite enough for Engram. It's close though.

Thoughts?

I think 1.05 is a little to high for either guy. Could you get a pick back in return also? I love both guys, so it's not the players. Just more of the high first, in a 20 team, so really deep league.

Or if not a pick in return, maybe a later round pick swap, where you would move up some spots?

I think 1.05 is a little to high for either guy. Could you get a pick back in return also? I love both guys, so it's not the players. Just more of the high first, in a 20 team, so really deep league.

Or if not a pick in return, maybe a later round pick swap, where you would move up some spots?

I agree that 1.05 is too much for either, but I think Howard is a better option anyway. Reason being, I believe that the future in Tampa is more sustainable than it is in NY. Why? Because its my impression is that the Bucs are going to stick with Winston for many years to come. Whether people on this board thinks he stinks or not, is irrelevant. The bottom line is that he WILL throw for a lot of yards and he WILL throw for a lot of TD's. Sure, he may throw a LOT of INT's or incompletions or what have you, but all that'll do is cause him to throw more. He won't be a "Blake Bortles" where the team tries to avoid throwing, he'll be more of a Jay Cutler or Matt Stafford where there's always production, just not many wins. After 2018, we have no idea who's going to be the QB in NY.

The season before last, we saw Brate have a top 7 season for a TE. Howard is a better talent/prospect. Winston throws to Brate a lot in the Red Zone / End Zone, and it shouldn't be any different when Howard is the guy and Brate (who is an RFA this year), is gone.

I'd rather keep 1.05 and draft a TE in the 2nd round. It looks to me, at this point in time, there appears to be a few TE's in this draft that could become productive players.

10 team Superflex w/ IDP (severe rebuild)

Gave: Chris Godwin, Demario Davis, Antoine Bethea

Received: Joe Williams, Jordan Matthews, Cam Meredith, Budda Baker

10 team Superflex w/ IDP (severe rebuild)

Gave: Chris Godwin, Demario Davis, Antoine Bethea

Received: Joe Williams, Jordan Matthews, Cam Meredith, Budda Baker

I don't play any IDP leagues, so I don't know the values of them. But, from the offensive standpoint, if Meredith pans out, you're ahead of the game there. If he doesn't, then I think you're going to be on the short end of this deal.

I agree that 1.05 is too much for either, but I think Howard is a better option anyway. Reason being, I believe that the future in Tampa is more sustainable than it is in NY. Why?

Umm, maybe because yer a Tampa homer?

lol

Just joshing you. Appreciate your insight.

• Like 1

I don't play any IDP leagues, so I don't know the values of them. But, from the offensive standpoint, if Meredith pans out, you're ahead of the game there. If he doesn't, then I think you're going to be on the short end of this deal.

Meredith was a driving factor, but Jordan Matthews is going to be a free agent this off-season and is still young. If he found himself on a team like the 49ers, his value would raise immensely

Meredith was a driving factor, but Jordan Matthews is going to be a free agent this off-season and is still young. If he found himself on a team like the 49ers, his value would raise immensely

I love Matthews. But this is the last year I can really stand behind the guy.If he has another crappy season. Or even an OK one, but has alot of drops.. I think I'm gonna bail from the fan club.

I think Meredith and J Matthews have a lot too prove before one could really trust them.

Last time we saw Meredith he was the Bears best wr, but it's going too be interesting too see how he fits in coming back from his season off.

And Matthews in whom I was on the fan wagon off, and has just been falling.

But with the right team and situation he could have another good season, maybe.

Ephesians 6:13&19