Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

***Movie Draft***

It's whatever I want it to be its my draft pick. :dunno:

Then there's no reason to have genres,hell with that reasoning I can count The Godfather II as a silent film.

Then there's no reason to have genres,hell with that reasoning I can count The Godfather II as a silent film.

Dude I have The Matrix in science fiction, can you guys carry on? Thanks. :wall:

Not even out of round one. This is going to be fun. :lock:

Jaws- Horror. People stopped swimming.

:thumbsup:

I was wondering how to classify this one. Horror seems to be the right category for it but it could also fit in action or maybe even drama.

Either way, nice pick. That movie had a huge impact on people swimming in the ocean for many years.

I was wondering how to classify this one. Horror seems to be the right category for it but it could also fit in action or maybe even drama.

Either way, nice pick. That movie had a huge impact on people swimming in the ocean for many years.

👍

Yes, nice pick HT, and good point about the swimming..that was real.

For the record, this couldn't be classified as a silent film.

Yes, nice pick HT, and good point about the swimming..that was real.

For the record, this couldn't be classified as a silent film.

Dark comedy?

• Like 1

And... as expected, the genre conundrum has already reared its head. :lol:

There are plenty of movies that fit in multiple categories. I don't think it will be a problem. Any disputes can be settled by a simple majority vote. Volty is the tie breaker if necessary.

There are plenty of movies that fit in multiple categories. I don't think it will be a problem. Any disputes can be settled by a simple majority vote. Volty is the tie breaker if necessary.

I think it should be left up to the drafter.

Agreed. Unless Herbivore tried to slot Casablanca as his comedy or something obviously inappropriate like that I think we can all agree.

I agree, it has to be reasonable though. I don't think the matrix as a drama is acceptable. As Good As it Gets isn't a comedy. Etc.

I agree, it has to be reasonable though. I don't think the matrix as a drama is acceptable. As Good As it Gets isn't a comedy. Etc.

Yeah and if it is questionable we can use IMDb as a reference

1.1 Voltaire - The Godfather Crime/Gangster

1.2 vuduchile - Raiders of the Lost Ark Adventure

1.3 shotsup - Goodfellas Crime/Gangster

1.4 Herbivore - Casablanca Drama

1.5 nzoner - The Godfather II Crime/Gangster

1.6 dain11279 - Shawshank Redemption Drama

1.7 iam90sbaby - The Matrix SciFi

1.8 Hardcore troubadour - Jaws Horror

1.9 TimmySmith

1.10 5 Points

2.1 5 Points

2.2 TimmySmith

2.3 Hardcore troubadour

2.4 iam90sbaby

2.5 dain11279

2.6 nzoner

2.7 Herbivore

2.8 shotsup

2.9 vuduchile

2.10 Voltaire

I'll have to clean these up better. Other stuff to juggle.

Volty's the commish, it's up to him. :mad:

No. There are categories for a reason.

it can be whatever he wants it to be, he's a millenial... don't put him in a box! :P

Why dontcha ask TEK and his made up gf what they think?

I was the commish. My bad for that debacle. All on me.

1.10 Scarface - Crime/Gangster

2.01 Smokey & The Bandit - 70's (1/2)

my apologies, as i did not follow any of the setup for this and probably would have even participated....

but wouldnt it make more sense to have each movie drafted fit a category AND time period?

as in, pick 1.11 could be a crime/gangster from the 70's and then you would be done for the crime/gangster category and have 1/2 70's slots filled.

i actually thought this was the case due to the 16 spots for time periods and 16 categories, until I saw 5-points post above.

my apologies, as i did not follow any of the setup for this and probably would have even participated....

but wouldnt it make more sense to have each movie drafted fit a category AND time period?

as in, pick 1.11 could be a crime/gangster from the 70's and then you would be done for the crime/gangster category and have 1/2 70's slots filled.

i actually thought this was the case due to the 16 spots for time periods and 16 categories, until I saw 5-points post above.

I think this is the case for this draft. :unsure:

I'd thought about that.

In the history draft, we'd had 144 rounds of pics which is about what this suggestion would entail. That draft took us five months. If I'm going to commish something that lasts five months, it'd be another history draft, I've been thinking US history. I'd love to do this history draft again if I can ever find the stamina to commish the d@mn thing again.

I'm not sure I felt like asking these guys or myself to do that in the movie draft. 32 rounds is already pretty big.

1.10 Scarface - Crime/Gangster

This brings up another question,should we list the year if it's a remake and can each film be drafted? I'm assuming 5P meant the Pacino film but the original B/W film is quite good as well.

This brings up another question,should we list the year if it's a remake and can each film be drafted? I'm assuming 5P meant the Pacino film but the original B/W film is quite good as well.

Why not? In this case, it's not really a remake per se. In any case they are separate films.

Why not? In this case, it's not really a remake per se. In any case they are separate films.

I agree and can think of a few other instances this may happen so I thought having the year might be a good idea.

I wasn't aware of an earlier b/w Scarface, regardless, the point stands. If there's a remake or a re-used name, we can ask for a year if we need clarification as you suggest. And of course, each version can be drafted.

2.3 - Patton - War . A very unique type of war movie about a unique man. The first time we really got an in depth look at one of our military Giants, and the fact that politics don't stop during war, they intensify.

• Like 1

2.3 - Patton - War . A very unique type of war movie about a unique man. The first time we really got an in depth look at one of our military Giants, and the fact that politics don't stop during war, they intensify.

I was in 2nd Armor during the Gulf War. Our Class A uniforms had all the unit citations that Patton had won during WWII.

Also, unique among all the other Army units, was that 2nd Armor didn't wear our unit crests on the left sleeve like every other unit. The left sleeve was empty. We wore our 2AD unit crests above the heart as per Patton's orders from way back in the day.

I'm pretty sure 2nd Armor is gone now. We were in the process of deactivating the unit when I left, but it may just have been us in the (Forward) brigade in Germany. In the Gulf War, we [2AD(FWD)] fought with Big Red One out of Ft. Riley in Task Force Iron.

2.4 American History X - Drama

Spot on

• Like 1

Awesome pick. War is going to be a great category but Patton is as good as any.

I might try to grab the early decade movies earlier in the draft as admittedly I've only seen a handful. This one is great for adults and kids alike and I believe it's the first movie to ever be in color. I could be wrong.

2.05 The Wizard Of Oz - <50s