Sign in to follow this  
TennisMenace

Kickers ROS

I know this may be a boring topic, but these guys count too. Leave out The top 3 kickers from Patriots, Seahawks, and Panthers.

Give me your top 3-5 kickers in order (omitting the above named 3) you would like to have ROS, weeks 13-16.

Was able to pick up Gano who playes on the panthers wed , and I'm darn glad I did . Kid had a good game .

Agree it's not an exciting topic but with potential of 10+ points from this position, it's worth talking about. I like Catanzaro because off the high powers offense, but it's hard to know if he's going to get enough FGs or if Ariz will just score TDs.

I recently looked at stats for red zone TD percentage. STL does the best job of holding opponents to FGs and that coincides with them giving up the 2nd most pts to kickers. I picked up Nugent this week to test my theory. In my league short FGs aren't worth as much as long ones, but they are more than 1 pt PATs.

Top 5 ROS for kickers (based on pts given up) are NO, KC, GB, TB and SD. So that logic would say grab Santos, Crosby, Barth, or Lambo. Obviously okay to pass on Forbath in NO as he has been bad. Seattle is #6 so Hauschka is probably best bet of all Ks but as you mention, he's not going to be available.

I also like McManus in Denver since he kicks at altitude and the team won't be scoring a lot of TDs no matter who is playing QB. Although his SOS is #26

Kickers are more dependant on game flow than any position, I think your better off streaming than sticking with one above average guy

I picked up Catanzaro after someone dropped him for the ARI bye. He's been pretty solid all year having scored at least 7 points in each game I think.

Good offense, with a good defense, so he should have plenty of opportunities. Plus, he only has two outdoor games the rest of the year. Tomorrow @SF and week 15 @PHI. The rest will be in domes which might offer a little bit of an advantage as it gets colder these last few weeks.

Look at red zone statistics for both the offense and their opposing defense if you're streaming kickers.

A team that has several opportunities inside the opponents red zone but isn't scoring touchdowns is usually indicative of a successful fantasy kicker.

Likewise, if a defense is bending but not breaking inside their red zone, they might force more FGA.

Catanzaro could be a solid option this week.

Josh Brown is usually pretty solid because Gmen don't have much of a rushing game and thus bog down a bit in the red zone. They seem to score more tds when outside of 5 or 10 yd line, than tds within 5 yds.

I am probably one of the guys who dropped Catanzaro due to the bye who didn't want to drop him. I was unable to get him back. I picked up Blair Walsh and he almost cost me a game with 1 friggin point. I now have Crosby but I don't like cold weather guys in December.

Josh Brown is usually pretty solid because Gmen don't have much of a rushing game and thus bog down a bit in the red zone. They seem to score more tds when outside of 5 or 10 yd line, than tds within 5 yds.

He's the #2 fantasy kicker, behind Gostkowski.

I picked him up several weeks ago, and he's been pretty good, with the exception of when they played the Eagles and only scored 1 TD. That cost me a game. I lost by 0.9. That whole thing was Eli's fault though. He kept turning the ball over.

Yeah, I was all over Brown this past week coming off of a bye (thus dropped) but someone beat me to it off of waivers.

Meyers from the Jags deserves a look. He has scored 11, 11, & 13 points the last three. Jags can't seem to score a rushing TD, but have an offense good enough this year to move the ball and be competitive.

Their schedule week's 12-16 is SD, @TN, Indy, Atl, and @NO.

Not bad.

I like Prater too. Lions offense is improved, and he kicks in a dome from here on out...GB, @Stl, @NO, & SF in weeks 13-16.

In addition, he has a big leg and hasn't missed a FG all year.

Yeah, I noticed Prater too. I also have noticed Barth. I'm not sure either is a better choice than my Crosby but like I said, I prefer warm weather or dome kickers than cold outdoor stadiums.

When looking at ROS, I would like to utilize SOS for kickers. maybe I shouldn't be.

I have been using this site's SOS. But, is there a better site for Kickers that I should be using?

Where does one find this "Red Zone" (TD) data I see referenced a few times above?

Kickers are more dependant on game flow than any position, I think your better off streaming than sticking with one above average guy

Kickers? We talking about kickers!??!

Well, ok. But I disagree about the about comment about streaming. Kickers are far too variable. Just pick a guy and go with. Don't over think it.

Don't change your Kicker every week because, invariably, you'll be wrong.

That said, look for things like a kicker with a good offense that maybe struggles to run in tight. Dome kickers are always good too. Playing average DEFs is good too. If the D is too good, might not score much. If they're too weak, might just score TDs all day.

I like Gostkowski (obviously), Gano, and Cantanzaro best. Then maybe McManus, Santos, J Brown, Barth, and Hauschka.

I've done well streaming kickers but to each their own. I picked up gano a few weeks ago so rolling with him while he is hot. Stream when conditions change like Justin Tucker losing flacco et al

Where does one find this "Red Zone" (TD) data I see referenced a few times above?

TD% for offenses - explains why JAX and NYG kickers can be valuable

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/red-zone-scoring-pct

TD% for defenses - top 5 are good defenses that give up more FGs than TDs.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-red-zone-scoring-pct

But again it's so variable. Agree that home/road, weather, dome, poor between tackles run game, personnel/injuries all factor into it. I went with Nugent this week because St. Louis gives up a lot of field goals, but it was counteracted by the fact that Cincinnati is a high touchdown red zone offense. My options are pick up Catanzaro and ride it out or go with a hot kicker like Myers from Jax.

in the same boat with Catanazaro vs. Meyers.....Catanzaro seems like the safe bet, but you can cancel weather out with both of them and Jax seems like they always get stopped and have field goal tries available

I just grabbed Myers. I'm a fan of Barth, TB has been near the top of the league in FGAs all year but Myers point streak is too hard to igoire, they have been RB2 numbers, and he has a great closing schedule.

I have the worst luck with Kickers. Gould never misses? shanks 2 for me the other week. Wow Josh Brown not picked up last week? Gets me 2 points. Im going batty over here, I just need frickin 10 points from my kicker dammit.

I have the worst luck with Kickers. Gould never misses? shanks 2 for me the other week. Wow Josh Brown not picked up last week? Gets me 2 points. Im going batty over here, I just need frickin 10 points from my kicker dammit.

Barth cost me my game last week, missed 40+ FG and a missed XP. Lost by 3.

I just dropped McManus for Myers last night... Like his schedule (home, home, dome in my playoff weeks 14-16) vs McManus and his nosedive over the last month...

Meyers revealed to the team today that he has a back issue and is now listed as questionable. Maybe nothing....Maybe something.