Sign in to follow this  
Crystal Meth Tweekers

Shortage of quality RB's

As we all know there has been RB's flying off the board like 5-10 years ago. So playing in a keeper league and your keeping K.Hunt. It's a 1 player keeper league. I have pick 3. Antonio, Kamara and Barkely are the top 3 options. I thought all along I would take one of those 3. Now I have considered do I take Hopkins or Odell (assuming Brown is gone)? My reasoning is by the time I pick again WR's are scarce. I could hope that T.Hill falls to me as my second pick. If I knew I could get Diggs, TY or Hill as a WR. I then could be looking at JuJu or Baldwin as my WR2.

Or do you start with Hopkins say and go

Hunt, Hopkins, plus a option of Nixon, McKinnon as my RB2??

Tough calls

Richard Nixon in the 3rd is a steal!

Richard Nixon in the 3rd is a steal!

OP showing interest in E. Howard Hunt as well.... :dunno:

I would go Antonio Brown and if he's taken I would choose Kamara over Barkley as I believe there's room for expanded volume in Kamara's game.

I haven't been wowed by Mixon and will pass on McKinnon if I have a chance to take him out of a prejudice that he's too frail (i'm prepared to grimace if he provides good production in the early weeks for one of my foes.)

I always tend to prefer to keep my roster as balanced as possible during a draft, leaving me flexible as the rounds roll on. In your case I would probably be taking a wide receiver, and then just go best available the rest of the way. You may also derive some comfort from taking a receiver like Odell Beckham, who's been top-5 in points per game all 4 seasons of his career, versus a rookie or 1-season, 200-touch player like Kamara. That said, I also find this approach of maintaining balance more useful when drafting from the middle. Being at the 3rd spot, you may find yourself "reaching" a bit to get your guys before the long wait on the comeback.

Any approach can work. It just depends on your valuation of each position group, and how confident you are in some of those valuations. If you're comfortable leaning on a couple mid-round guys like Marquise Goodwin, Chris Hogan, Sammy Watkins, or Corey Davis for major contributions, then you can certainly go "zero WR" the first few rounds.

I always tend to prefer to keep my roster as balanced as possible during a draft, leaving me flexible as the rounds roll on. In your case I would probably be taking a wide receiver, and then just go best available the rest of the way. You may also derive some comfort from taking a receiver like Odell Beckham, who's been top-5 in points per game all 4 seasons of his career, versus a rookie or 1-season, 200-touch player like Kamara. That said, I also find this approach of maintaining balance more useful when drafting from the middle. Being at the 3rd spot, you may find yourself "reaching" a bit to get your guys before the long wait on the comeback.

Any approach can work. It just depends on your valuation of each position group, and how confident you are in some of those valuations. If you're comfortable leaning on a couple mid-round guys like Marquise Goodwin, Chris Hogan, Sammy Watkins, or Corey Davis for major contributions, then you can certainly go "zero WR" the first few rounds.

Yes I agree. Odell maybe playing for a contract. Bottom line is any of these picks are solid.