Sign in to follow this  
bmorgan85

My First Ever Fantasy Team. Will someone please tell me how good/bad this is and what trades I shoul

QB Tom Brady

(NE - QB)

WR Keyshawn Johnson

(Car - WR)

WR Joe Jurevicius

(Cle - WR)

WR Samie Parker

(KC - WR)

RB Reggie Bush

(NO - RB)

RB Chester Taylor

(Min - RB)

TE Jermey Shockey

(NYG - TE)

K M. Vanderjagt

(Dal - K)

DEF Atlanta

(Atl - DEF)

Bench Michael Clayton

(TB - WR)

Bench Mercedes Lewis

(Jac - TE)

Bench Vince Young

(Ten - QB)

How many teams in the league and what and what # pick did you have?

Unfortunitly i would have to say chaulk this year up to "what not to do in a draft" and plan for next year.

the only player I see as your 1st pick is Brady and if you don't get peyton in the first leave qb's til 3 or 4 rounds in at least. Shockey and Chester Tayler (who I like as a RB3 ) are the only other players that will be #1 on the depth charts.

I would prob. try package a Brady and Keyshawn for a better RB (top 10-12 RB) and pick up a WR and QB on waivers.

Is this your whole team or are there other trade options?

Your first year is always basically a learning experience as I found out last year by taking the marvelous Daunte Culpepper with my top pick. I picked last in the first round so i still managed to get Edge and the year wasnt a total loss because i traded culpepper once he started to struggle. Anyways, I'm gonna agree that packaging a deal with Brady and a WR for as good a RB as you can get, and hope to add depth through waivers and just hope for the best.

Advice for next year: take the two best RB's you can get in the first 4 rounds or so and pair that with a stud WR and one of the top 3 tight ends ( Gates, Gonzalez, Shockey) or perhaps Crumpler in a later round if there's a great WR left at that point. Save QB's for later and make sure not to take a rookie QB because even if he does start, he will struggle badly. Try to get players that are #1 options on their respective teams, and draft the highest quality player for each position throughout the draft. Good Luck though, and watch the league throughout the year to learn more about what to do next year.

Hey it's my first year doing fantasy too. So far ive done 2 drafts, and the first one looked a lot like yours. (Except, no offense not quite that bad). What you need to do is take the best RBs in rounds 1 & 2, because they get you the most points.

And i'm gonig to agree with both posters above package Brady and a WR for the best RB you can get.

Well, the thing is I didn't even draft these players, I missed the draft and this is what I wound up with. The league is really big from work its actually 16 teams so it's pretty hard to get any of the quality players. Won't Reggie Bush be starting since Deuce is hurt in NO? And someone at work told me wide receivers put up the most points?

Hmm... a few questions. 1- is this for money? 2- was it a live draft that you missed or online? 3-what pick did you have? and 4- did you get a promotion over the guy that told you WR's rack up the most points lol? You may strike gold with Bush this year but I wouldnt count on it. They'll probably split carries and Bush's biggest role will likely be as a decoy and return man as long as Deuce is healthy.

It all depends on your league scoring system but RB's put up bigger numbers in the vast majority of leagues as far as starters go.

Rule #2 to learn for next year.......be at the draft. Others will not usually give you a good player that they would want to get instead. Also I would start in a smaller league and get expierence there. 16 is huge! Iwould try get into another free league either in this site, yahoo or a # of other sites to gain knowledge for next year.

Well this league is on yahoo and we are pooling money for the top 3 at work. The draft was last Sunday and I missed it online and i had pick 10 out of 16 so it picked for me based on my pre-draft rankings.

Yeah, Rule #1- be at the draft. and if you arent 100% sure you'll be there, make SURE you set your draft rankings with lots of RB's at the top. I would advise probably top 20 with only Peyton Manning mixed in somewhere depending on how your league scores passing TD's. Being at the draft is still your best option though, and joining another league to gain experience would also be a great idea.

Stat Categories: Passing Yards (40 yards per point; 3 points at 375 yards)

Passing Touchdowns (6)

Interceptions (-2)

Rushing Yards (20 yards per point; 3 points at 200 yards)

Rushing Touchdowns (6)

Reception Yards (20 yards per point; 3 points at 200 yards)

Reception Touchdowns (6)

Return Touchdowns (6)

This the numbers you guys were referring to as to who puts up the most?

Okay. With that scoring your season is looking up. Still not likely to win the league or make the playoffs, but you'll be in more games than I thought at first. Brady and Bush could help keep you in it and if you can bring in another top RB you may just be okay. Reggie as a return man and running back and Brady throwing TD's with an aging Dillon and Maroney as a rookie will likely happen more often. So try and put together the best trades you can get, watch the waiver wire, and keep your fingers crossed. There MIGHT be hope. Not much, but its possible.

No problem. I got thrown to the dogs last year in my first ever draft and basically drafted according to the latest Madden rankings lol. You really gotta get used to who scores big and what positions are important in Fantasy Football and the only real way to do that is with experience. I wouldn't worry too much about that league and would enter a smaller draft on yahoo or ESPN or something to get some experience now that you know a little more about what you're doing. Good luck with it.

Don't fold up shop on this year - while in my opinion you presently have a huge problem in that the league is driven by scoring numbers and you have few scorers, if any on your team, don't let auto-draft get you down.

Bush has incredible potential and I would hold him - you will get offers (unless they involve RBs in the top two tiers - LJ, Alexander, LT, Portis, Tiki or Edge - think long and hard). If he does anything in his first few games the hype will be huge and so will his trading value (if you want to get rid of him).

The last time Keyshawn scored a touchdown, I think was while he was still playing at USC, but you might get a little for him with his move to Carolina and Jurevicus and parker shouldn't be considered WR2 or @R3 on many teams.

IMO Brady is overvalued as an FF player (not as a leader) and his numbers will dip after last year as New England will be going back to the run. Out of 16 guys, you should find a team who is really weak at Qb and will salivate over the guy. Get a middle tiered QB and a good WR

Your best WR is on the bench - Michael Clayton could return to rookie form and you will have a steal - hold him.

Most importantly, if this is truly your rookie year, lord over the waiver wire and free agency, make trades (watch out for the guys who want to offer you a few weak players for one good one) and just have a blast. The best way to learn is by actively throwing yourself into it. My first year, I ended up being so bad that I landed in 2nd to last place, which knocked me out of the Priest Holmes derby in the following draft. Good luck and have fun

is mike bell available? rumor has it he's currently #1 on the bronco's depth chart. I'd drop Vince young since he prolly won't start for the first half of the season, and after that it's strictly re-build mode, chances are he won't put up stellar numbers. Rookie qb's never do :banana: