Sign in to follow this  
edjr

RED SOX ACQUIRE CHRIS SALE from White Sox for 4 minor leaguers

:o

Moncada, Kopech and two other prospects to #WhiteSox.

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/806199479120654336

:pointstosky: :pointstosky: :pointstosky: :pointstosky:

MERRY CHRISTMAS B!TCHES!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, a #1 starter.

Sale, Porcello, Wright, Rodriguez and I guess Price can be the #5

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2016/12/06/blockbuster-chris-sale-traded-to-the-red-sox-for-yoan-moncada-michael-kopech-prospects/

OXON HILL, MD — A huge trade just went down between the Red Sox and White Sox. Ken Rosenthal reports that the Red Sox have acquired White Sox starter Chris Sale in exchange for top prospects Yoan Moncada and Michel Kopech, along with two other prospects, identities yet unknown. The Red Sox’ acquisition of Sale comes after days of buildup and speculation that the Nationals would acquire the ace lefty. Nope: he’s Boston bound.
Sale, 27, has pitched in the majors over parts of seven seasons. He owns a career 74-50 record with a 3.00 ERA and a 1,244/260 K/BB ratio in 1,110 innings. The lefty will earn $12 million in 2017, then has a club option for 2018 worth $12.5 million with a $1 million buyout as well as a 2019 club option worth $13.5 million with a $1 million buyout. Relative to what he would earn if he were a free agent today, Sale’s remaining salary is a bargain.
Which is why Boston is giving up a hefty load of prospects to get him. Moncada slumped after a callup to Boston late last season, but he was ranked the number one prospect by Baseball America in its midseason prospect evaluations. The infielder, who has played second and third base, is 21 and hit a combined .294/.407/.511 with 15 homers, 62 RBIs and 45 stolen bases over 106 games in high Class A and Double-A last year.
Kopech, 20, was the Sox’ first round pick in the 2014 draft, going 33rd overall. The righty topped out at high-A ball last season, posting a 2.25 ERA in 11 starts and striking out an astounding 82 batters in 52 innings.
We’ll have much more on this trade as the details emerge.

I hate that focker. Glad to see him out of our division. he is just the type of doosh that will fit in perfectly with the Red Sox. God forbid they ask him to pitch in the 1975 throwback uni's.

Highway robbery by the Pale Hose.

:lol: :D :blink:

Decent trade for both. Red Sox get a legit ace for #4 money.. I'm by far not a prospect higher but I thought that moncada kid was supposed to be pretty good.

Wow, this reminds me of when they traded Hanley Ramirez for Josh Beckett. That was just as dumb as this is. You've got to keep Moncada.

And, Sale is only signed through next year, so they'll have to pay him at least $30 million/year to keep him after 2017.

Wow, this reminds me of when they traded Hanley Ramirez for Josh Beckett. That was just as dumb as this is. You've got to keep Moncada.

And, Sale is only signed through next year, so they'll have to pay him at least $30 million/year to keep him after 2017.

Pretty sure he is wrapped up through 2019.

In July the White Sox were asking for Betts AND benintendi

:nono:

So Panda playing third this year...

Think Brock Holt played 3B? maybe not

2017 Contract Status: Signed thru 2017, 5 yrs/$32.5M (13-17) & 18-19 team option (details) [*]

not sure how team options work when a player is traded?

:thumbsup:

$12 million in '17. The Red Sox hold options for '18 at $12.5 million and for '19 at $13.5 million

So Panda playing third this year...

Sure looks that way.

2017 Contract Status: Signed thru 2017, 5 yrs/$32.5M (13-17) & 18-19 team option (details) [*]

I am assuming the team gets to keep the same contract, because there would be no trades if you had to negotiate afterwards.

they magically disappear, dur, don't be a stooge

Didn't he do the same ###### in Detroit?

Yup, Ol Dumbo was a blessing for other Central Division teams.

Wow, this reminds me of when they traded Hanley Ramirez for Josh Beckett.

:dunno:

Hanley won Rookie of year...

and Sox won World Series...

seemed like a fair deal to all involved.

took 2 years for Dombrowski to empty the farm system

Pomeranz trade is going to end up being an embarrassment. never liked it from day one.

This trade is a no-brainer.

They still have to trade one of their starters, they have 4 lefties now.

Hopefully the Dodgers are interested in Price.

Now the Red Sox can sign Encarnacion and drop the mic and walk away.

no way in hell I give up Moncada

:D

I remember when the retards said, no way in hell I give up Carl Pavano and Tony Armas Jr

yah cause they were the top prospects in baseball at what point?

:lol:

After an excellent spring training, Pavano jumped up to Double-A in 1996 at the age of 20, going 16-5, 2.63 with a 146/47 K/BB in 185 innings, 154 hits allowed. That's a lot of innings for a 20 year old, but there was less attention paid to pitch counts and workload 14 years ago. Pavano's statistical performance was excellent, and scouts gave his slider and changeup above average marks, also liking his solid command of his 90-92 MPH fastball. He was rated the Number Five prospect in the Eastern League by Baseball America, behind Vlad Guerrero, Scott Rolen, Jamey Wright, and Luis Castillo. I was highly impressed with him, giving him a Grade B+ and ranking him as the Number Four pitching prospect in baseball.

Prospects are just that.. I can't tell you how many times, as a Cubs fan, about this so-so kid who's the next biggest thing, only to see him come up a few septembers, then two years later he's a throw in some trade.

After an excellent spring training, Pavano jumped up to Double-A in 1996 at the age of 20, going 16-5, 2.63 with a 146/47 K/BB in 185 innings, 154 hits allowed. That's a lot of innings for a 20 year old, but there was less attention paid to pitch counts and workload 14 years ago. Pavano's statistical performance was excellent, and scouts gave his slider and changeup above average marks, also liking his solid command of his 90-92 MPH fastball. He was rated the Number Five prospect in the Eastern League by Baseball America, behind Vlad Guerrero, Scott Rolen, Jamey Wright, and Luis Castillo. I was highly impressed with him, giving him a Grade B+ and ranking him as the Number Four pitching prospect in baseball.

ok so that says hes a B+ and the number four pitching prospect in baseball, as well as the number 5 prospect in the eastern league

thank you for confirming what I said. Its like reading comprehension is a struggle for you

again when was Carl Pavano THEEEEEEEEEEEEEE top prospect in baseball?

ok so that says hes a B+ and the number four pitching prospect in baseball, as well as the number 5 prospect in the eastern league

thank you for confirming what I said. Its like reading comprehension is a struggle for you

again when was Carl Pavano THEEEEEEEEEEEEEE top prospect in baseball?

Remember Matt Bush or Greg Reynolds or Jeff Clement?

what wins World Series? pitching or #1 prospects?

And the evil empire lays in wait. Keep spending boys.

And the evil empire lays in wait. Keep spending boys.

spending? :lol:

spending? :lol:

Spending them prospects. And the list of Lefthanders that have had success in Fenway is short. Bruce Hurst? Price is working out well. Just sayin.

I trade a prospect or two for a known commodity stud every time. And this comes from a fan of the team that's traded John Smoltz for Doyle Alexander and traded Andrew Miller and Cameron Maybin for Dontrelle Willis and some other guy from the Marlins.

Remember Matt Bush or Greg Reynolds or Jeff Clement?

what wins World Series? pitching or #1 prospects?

you are so lost

this is all I am responding to you

again when were any of the 3 mentioned the top prospect in baseball?

Moncada is rated higher than Mookie across the board, at a more premium position. A .300 20-60 hitter.

I think they could have traded Bientiendi and another prospect then ok

you are so lost

this is all I am responding to you

again when were any of the 3 mentioned the top prospect in baseball?

Moncada is rated higher than Mookie across the board, at a more premium position. A .300 20-60 hitter.

I think they could have traded Bientiendi and another prospect then ok

In July the White Sox were asking for Betts AND benintendi

You lose.

wtf does that have to do with it?

Betts and Moncada are very comparable

This is a great trade for the Red Sox. He is about as good of an add possible as to what they need to get further in the playoffs. The cost is very good for the next 3 years. Their lineup will still be very good. All they need is Panda, Holt, or Shaw to hold down 3rd. Betts and Moncada are not comparable..that's stupid.