Sign in to follow this  
pittnthat

RG3 to the Skins

Not really - draft picks don't cost alot of money anymore, so FA $$ is more relevant nowadays. Skins are 45 mill under cap. I still don't understand why draft picks are so valued by fans... If picks are right 1/4 times .. And RG3 becomes a star, then those 3 traded 1st round picks will be worth it :)

FOR ALL DOUBTERS..

Who is your team?

and list your teams last 3 year first round picks..

now what do you think bout trade?

TENNESSEE TITANS

Here are the last 10 1st Round picks...

2011 - Jake Locker (8th)

2010 - Derrick Morgan (16th)

2009 - Kenny Britt (30th)

2008 - Chris Johnson (24th)

2007 - Michael Griffin (19th)

2006 - Vince Young (3rd)

2005 - Pacman Jones (6th)

2004 - None

2003 - Andre Woolfolk (28th)

2002 - Albert Haynesworth (15th)

We don't really know what we have in Jake Locker and Derrick Morgan yet: Locker looked very promising in limited action last season and Morgan was clearly limited from the bad knee-injury that he suffered his rookie season (i.e. this will be the year that we see what we have in Morgan). Kenny Britt and Chris Johnson are our two best players on offense and have been significant contributors. Michael Griffin, while unspectacular, has been a decent contributor and a starter.

Vince Young, Pacman Jones, and Albert Haynesworth are no longer with the team; however, each player made contributions. Haynesworth, in particular, had a couple of absolutely dominant seasons. Pacman was also a very good CB and a fantastic returner, until he got in off-the-field trouble. VY is a very ambivalent character -- he was definitely a head-case and not entirely devoted to becoming as good as he could be, but he also got ZERO support from Jeff Fisher (who seemed to hate him from day one). [Honestly, I can imagine a scenario in which VY's career would've been quite different had he gone to a coaching-staff that was more supportive and more mentoring. Of course, that doesn't excuse VY's behavior or reactions. It just is what it is.]

Really...from that list, Andre Woolfolk is the only one that I would consider to be a complete and utter bust from the very start. Whereas VY, Pacman, & Haynewsorth at least had some productive seasons, Woolfolk just never did anything for the team at any point.

:dunno:

Snyder never learns. How does this guy have money?!

And I'm REALLY happy for the St. Louis Rams. If you suck hard enough long enough, some day your ship will come in. No need to actually manage your team well.

And I'm REALLY happy for the St. Louis Rams. If you suck hard enough long enough, some day your ship will come in. No need to actually manage your team well.

New owner, coach and GM seem to be off to a good start.

New owner, coach and GM seem to be off to a good start.

Indeed. Thank you Danny Boy, I love how your incompetence is affecting my team's division.

Redskins are the new Raiders. This is awesome. Great deal for the Rams to rebuild - excellent use of leverage being that they aren't in dire need of a QB (well, depending on how you feel about Bradford)...

The sad part about being a Rams fan is you realize, if they draft well, they will be very competitive again right around they time they are moving back to LA. From the media reports here, it sounds as though Kroenke (owner) is set on moving them back, even if he isn't awarded the Los Angeles Dodgers on April 1st. So, right about the time we are feeling good again, we'll be shopping for the next St. Louis team. :(

Shoulda waited and grabbed Brandon Weeden, then built a team around him with the picks they gave away.

It's not 3 first rounders. They essentially swap first round picks this year, so it really boils down to 2 first and one 2nd rounder . Plus I read that the Skins have room under the cap to sign a free agent WR like VJax or Manningham . It doesn't look that bad if you dig deeper .

I've heard all the websites and NFL radio guys saying its 3 first rounders. Its not. This is ridiculous. They are going to have the 2nd pick IN THIS DRAFT.

Pretty sure they're going to select a player with that pick.

And that is why they suck every year.

That's the way the team does their building though. 5 years ago t

They had about 5 draft picks and made the playoffs...Who was their QB then? No one can remembers because he was crap. I don't know if it was Campbell or if Campbell was hurt in that playoff game.

Their defense was ranked 13th this year in the NFL.

They need consistent play from the QB. Grossman and co. don't have that. No one knows if RG3 does either, but these 2 QBs have a chance to be something special. They went with the risk there and hope it pays off.

I guarantee they'll be a competitive team this season and finish around 8-8. If RG3 keeps getting better and they bring in a good #1 WR, they'll have plenty of picks to maintain that decent defense and get help on that oline. And they'll actually not be guaranteed the basement spot in the NFC east.

The sad part about being a Rams fan is you realize, if they draft well, they will be very competitive again right around they time they are moving back to LA. From the media reports here, it sounds as though Kroenke (owner) is set on moving them back, even if he isn't awarded the Los Angeles Dodgers on April 1st. So, right about the time we are feeling good again, we'll be shopping for the next St. Louis team. :(

That does stink for St Louie fans if it does come to fruition.

The Skins also have tons of cap space. I'd love to see them get Mike Wallace. A young stud WR to grow with RGIII.

Not interested in VJAX at all.

I've heard all the websites and NFL radio guys saying its 3 first rounders. Its not. This is ridiculous. They are going to have the 2nd pick IN THIS DRAFT.

Pretty sure they're going to select a player with that pick.

You do understand how a trade works right. I give you something you give me something. Just because I give you 1, and you give me 3 doesn't mean that you only gave me 2, since you now have 1 from me. You gave me 3, like Washington gave up 3 first rounders. And I gave you 1, just like Rams gave them 1 1st rounder. So you had to give up 3 to get the 1.

I don't think it's gonna happen. And if it does, it'll end the same way it did 17 years ago.

Are Redskins fans actual dismissing first round picks??? Unreal. The Packers won the Superbowl with BJ Raji, Aaron Rodgers, Clay Matthews, and AJ Hawk, who are all recent first round picks - an not even all high picks either. They also have players like Nelson and Finley who where drafted in the 2nd and 3rd. Sure there have been some misses, but a no pick is always a miss.

You can disrespect picks all you want, but do it because your team is clueless on talent. The teams that are winning SuperBowls build from the draft and rarely trade up or trade picks for players.

You build a good team... not buy it.

The Skins also have tons of cap space. I'd love to see them get Mike Wallace. A young stud WR to grow with RGIII.

Not interested in VJAX at all.

They can't get Wallace. You have to give up a first rounder THIS year to get him. The Skins don't have one of those for quite some time.

I don't think it is a bad trade. If the Redskins had done it last year for Cam Newton, the posts would have been worst. People are making stupid comments like "What if he gets hurt before the season?" Do you make the same comment about other trades? Anybody can get hurt, on or off the field. Definately the Rams are the winners in this and Jeff Fisher will draft defensive players with those picks. I'm just curious if Greg Williams will still be the coach.

Are Redskins fans actual dismissing first round picks??? Unreal. The Packers won the Superbowl with BJ Raji, Aaron Rodgers, Clay Matthews, and AJ Hawk, who are all recent first round picks - an not even all high picks either. They also have players like Nelson and Finley who where drafted in the 2nd and 3rd. Sure there have been some misses, but a no pick is always a miss.

You can disrespect picks all you want, but do it because your team is clueless on talent. The teams that are winning SuperBowls build from the draft and rarely trade up or trade picks for players.

You build a good team... not buy it.

This

It's been about 15 years and Snyder still hasn't figured this out. I have no idea how Griffin will turn out, but with what they gave up they wont be building anything around him.

Three 1st round picks! Thats around the price I would have assumed for Luck. :shocking:

You do understand how a trade works right. I give you something you give me something. Just because I give you 1, and you give me 3 doesn't mean that you only gave me 2, since you now have 1 from me. You gave me 3, like Washington gave up 3 first rounders. And I gave you 1, just like Rams gave them 1 1st rounder. So you had to give up 3 to get the 1.

but they will use that 1st rounder to pick RGIII so he will cost them 3 1st round picks. HTH

Wow. What an incredibly stupid trade. The Skins will suck for years, and poor RG3 has been doomed to a sh!tty career.

Seems like Washington got pissed that Oakland one-upped them in the "most moronically run franchise" sweepstakes with the Palmer trade, and are striking back.

Although at least their QB is a rookie with two good knees.

Shoulda waited and grabbed Brandon Weeden, then built a team around him with the picks they gave away.

Don't see anyone building around a 29 year old rookie.

He'll get his shot. I see him as just the kind of guy Denver would love to bring in to compete for that job, though the pick may be too high for them. But it's going to have to be a special situation for Weeden.

What If Colts take RG3 instead of Luck? I personally think RG3> Luck

Not a chance in the world.

Not only are we using a first round pick this year. We're getting the 2nd pick in the draft. We're getting a better first round pick to use. The next two seasons we're giving up 1st round picks. So we're giving up 2 picks at the end of the day. If the Redskins gave up the 6th pick to trade out of the first round, then they would be giving up three first rounders. But the Redskins are staying in the first round this draft and using a first round pick. The net loss is two first rounders. Not three.

How is this confusing?

And everyone knew the price was going to be two first rounders. People seem shocked by the trade cost. The NFL is a passing league primarily now. If you do not have a franchise QB, you likely aren't winning Super Bowls. Is Trent Dilfer the last non-franchise QB to win a SB? I think so.

The Skins haven't had a franchise QB since Joe Theisman. Its time.

Wow. What an incredibly stupid trade. The Skins will suck for years, and poor RG3 has been doomed to a sh!tty career.

Seems like Washington got pissed that Oakland one-upped them in the "most moronically run franchise" sweepstakes with the Palmer trade, and are striking back.

Although at least their QB is a rookie with two good knees.

The Skins have already sucked for years. At least now they can build around a franchise QB.

I don't think it's gonna happen. And if it does, it'll end the same way it did 17 years ago.

Stan Kroenke is going to die and his gold digger wife is going to sell the team back to St Louis? That would be a pretty miraculous turn of events. Especially since his wife is the one with all the $$$$.

This is pretty easy, the winner is St Louis. They received two first round picks and one second round pick to move back four spots. Sweet! :thumbsup:

I hate the Skins, but if RG3 turns out to be a franchise QB then it wasn't too much to pay. :dunno:

Not only are we using a first round pick this year. We're getting the 2nd pick in the draft. We're getting a better first round pick to use. The next two seasons we're giving up 1st round picks. So we're giving up 2 picks at the end of the day. If the Redskins gave up the 6th pick to trade out of the first round, then they would be giving up three first rounders. But the Redskins are staying in the first round this draft and using a first round pick. The net loss is two first rounders. Not three.

How is this confusing?

And everyone knew the price was going to be two first rounders. People seem shocked by the trade cost. The NFL is a passing league primarily now. If you do not have a franchise QB, you likely aren't winning Super Bowls. Is Trent Dilfer the last non-franchise QB to win a SB? I think so.

The Skins haven't had a franchise QB since Joe Theisman. Its time.

Redskins fans are the only ones doing broken math. The cost was thought to be 2 first rounder to attain the pick, but the redskins paid 3 1st rounders in order to get the #2 pick. And only you are bringin up net loss of picks, keep trying to make it feel better.

Redskins fans are the only ones doing broken math. The cost was thought to be 2 first rounder to attain the pick, but the redskins paid 3 1st rounders in order to get the #2 pick. And only you are bringin up net loss of picks, keep trying to make it feel better.

The cost was thought to be two first rounders and it turned out to be two first rounders. It cost them two first round picks. They are getting and using a first round pick this year. That's not broken math.

The Redskins SWAPPED round 1 picks in this years draft. They didn't give up a pick in this draft in the first round. The gave up 1st round picks in 2013 and 2014. The Rams didn't gain an extra 1st round pick this year. They gain one each of the next two years.

To say the Skins gave up 3 1st round picks would be to imply they aren't selecting a player with the #2 overall pick this year.

The cost was thought to be two first rounders and it turned out to be two first rounders. It cost them two first round picks. They are getting and using a first round pick this year. That's not broken math.

The Redskins SWAPPED round 1 picks in this years draft. They didn't give up a pick in this draft in the first round. The gave up 1st round picks in 2013 and 2014.

To say they gave up 3 1st round picks would be to imply they aren't selecting a player with the #2 overall pick this year.

Read this out loud. The redskins gave up 3 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick in order to get 1 1st round pick. You gave 3 and 1. You got 1. You can goto the skins forum and read 12 pages about the skins fans fighting over this dumb ###### with each other. You gave us this years first, you gave us next years 1st, you gave us the year after thats 1st. You gave us 3 1st round draft picks. We gave you our first. We gave you 1 1st round pick. You gave up 3 of your picks in order to get ours.

Also SWAPPED seems important to you.

Swap

Verb:

Take part in an exchange of.

Noun:

An act of exchanging one thing for another.

Synonyms:

verb. swop - exchange - change - barter - interchange - trade

noun. swop - exchange - interchange - barter - truck

Seems trade is a synonym of swap. So you say you traded us 2 1st rounders and swapped another. So you traded us 3 1st rounders and a 2nd. I don't see why this is so hard, draft RG3 and hope he is ###### amazing, stop crying about giving up 3 1st rounders for him.

Read this out loud. The redskins gave up 3 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick in order to get 1 1st round pick. You gave 3 and 1. You got 1. You can goto the skins forum and read 12 pages about the skins fans fighting over this dumb ###### with each other. You gave us this years first, you gave us next years 1st, you gave us the year after thats 1st. You gave us 3 1st round draft picks. We gave you our first. We gave you 1 1st round pick. You gave up 3 of your picks in order to get ours.

Also SWAPPED seems important to you.

Swap

Verb:

Take part in an exchange of.

Noun:

An act of exchanging one thing for another.

Synonyms:

verb. swop - exchange - change - barter - interchange - trade

noun. swop - exchange - interchange - barter - truck

Seems trade is a synonym of swap. So you say you traded us 2 1st rounders and swapped another. So you traded us 3 1st rounders and a 2nd. I don't see why this is so hard, draft RG3 and hope he is ###### amazing, stop crying about giving up 3 1st rounders for him.

The Redskins swapped 1st round picks in this draft. They got a higher pick. They didn't give up a pick this draft for nothing. They are giving up picks in 2013 and 2014 for nothing. They are getting NOTHING for those picks. That's giving up a pick. This year they're getting a pick in the first in a swap. They're giving the 6th pick and GETTING the 2nd pick this draft.

Saying they're giving up 3 number one picks is implying they aren't GETTING anything. Indeed, they're improving their Round 1 draft order this year.

I'm not "crying" about giving up 3 number 1's because we're really only giving up 2 number 1's. I like the deal.

Not to mention, have you seen Rex Grossman play football? :thumbsdown:

The Redskins gave up 2 firsts and a second to move up 4 spots.

End of thread.

This was a great deal for the Rams - they absolutely got max value for a pick they didn't want to use.

Whether the move was good for the Skins too depends entirely on how RG3 pans out. If he's a franchise type QB who plays at a high level for years, the cost was worth it. If he's merely an average starter, the Skins got fleeced.

We're not going to know the outcome for a few seasons. I hope RG3 busts hard but I really can't blame Washington for reaching for a guy who looks like a very rare, special talent.

The way I look at it...

Things that can happen to make this a bad trade:

- RBIII ends up being another Vince Young

- RBIII is a god QB, but not a top 3 QB

- RBIII is a top 3 QB, but the Skins still don't win (that means they couldn't build the team around RGII because had no picks).

Things that can happen that make this a good trade:

- RGIII is a top 3 QB and the Redskins get to the Championship game a couple of times and make it to the Super Bowl at least once.

We can also see what the Rams do with the 4 picks the Redskins traded for RGIII. If they end up with 2-3 probowlers out of that lot, and they become competitive, then that will leave a bad taste in Skins' fans mouth (that's what she said).

All that said... The trade was way too risky for my taste. The odds that this becomes a good trade down the road is very difficult. For every Cam Newton and Aaron Rodgers that gets traded, there are many more Vince Youngs, Jamarcus Russells, and Alex Smiths. The dude has potential, but that it all there is right now. I bet he wil be good, but I doubt he can live up to these expectations.

This was a great deal for the Rams - they absolutely got max value for a pick they didn't want to use.

Whether the move was good for the Skins too depends entirely on how RG3 pans out. If he's a franchise type QB who plays at a high level for years, the cost was worth it. If he's merely an average starter, the Skins got fleeced.

We're not going to know the outcome for a few seasons. I hope RG3 busts hard but I really can't blame Washington for reaching for a guy who looks like a very rare, special talent.

The thing is, if RG3 doesn't pan out the Skins are totally focked for about five years. That is too much of a risk to take. And even if RG3 *does* work out, where are they going to get talent to surround him? It's not like they are a great football team that just needs a QB. They have plenty of holes all over the roster.

The thing is, if RG3 doesn't pan out the Skins are totally focked for about five years. That is too much of a risk to take. And even if RG3 *does* work out, where are they going to get talent to surround him? It's not like they are a great football team that just needs a QB. They have plenty of holes all over the roster.

Here's what I'm saying:

If RG3 turns out to be a franchise type QB - a guy who makes several pro bowls and plays at a high level for 10 years - the price was worth it. Those kinds of players don't grow on trees and having an elite quarterback separates teams from the pack.

I wouldn't make this deal because of the risk. If RG3 is anything less than a stud the Skins are focked for years. All I'm saying is the price isn't absurd if RG3 is what the Skins and many other teams think he is.

The Redskins gave up 2 firsts and a second to move up 4 spots.

End of thread.

Exactly.

And that was always going to be the price for RGIII. Cleveland was going to give up 2 first rounders as well. The Skins probably sealed the deal with the 2nd rounder.

Its a lot to give up but its not crazy. Had they actually given up 3 first rounders, as in 2013, 2014 AND 2015, that would have been crazy. That's what the haters want this deal to sound like. Sorry, but its just not the case.

K, now that we're clear. And who doesn't love some Sexy Rexy.

LMAO, you cut the GETTING part I wrote. Good lord you're desperate. You've lost all credibility. What's is your agenda man?

Haters just want people thinking the Skins aren't getting anything in this draft. I don't understand why people want to make this trade sound like something it isn't.

LMAO, you cut the GETTING part I wrote. Good lord you're desperate. You've lost all credibility. What's is your agenda man?

Haters just want people thinking the Skins aren't getting anything in this draft. I don't understand why people want to make this trade sound like something it isn't.

We know what you got. You didn't trade the picks away for nothing. The point as it was from start, is that you just said they gave up 3 first rounders, but then you try to spin it.

We know what you got. You didn't trade the picks away for nothing. The point as it was from start, is that you just said they gave up 3 first rounders, but then you try to spin it.

What? I'm not spinning anything nor have I spun anything. What's your problem with wanting to believe the Skins are giving up 3 first rounders? They simply are not doing this. They gave to get this year. They didn't give to give this year. That's not happening. They are using and getting a first round pick THIS YEAR. They didn't just dump this first round pick like they are in 2013 and 2014. That's unloading picks and only unloading picks.

If in 2013 we also got the Rams first round pick and gave them our first round pick, are we giving up a first round pick then too? No. We wouldn't be. We'd still both have a first round pick.

Local sports radio in DC right now is discussing the wordplay being used by the national media about giving up 3 first rounders and how incorrect that is. The point is, if you want to make this deal sound worse than it is, you say the Redskins are giving up three first rounders. If you actually know what's happening, they aren't giving up 3 first rounders. The Rams don't have two first round picks this year thanks to the Skins. They have to give the Redskins their first round pick. I can't believe I have to explain this.