Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Btw, harassment is...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/24/entertainment/jessica-walter-jeffrey-tambor-arrested/index.html

Getting yelled at by a co-worker. Doesn't have to be sexual in nature and all apparently. If your coworker makes you feel bad, then it's harassment. And that co-worker should be fired immediately according to this situation.

Hey, remember when we were supposed to believe that nonsense that women were strong and powerful and capable and every bit as able 2 exist and compete in the workplace as men?

Yeah they were just kidding.

Thankfully I'm in construction and we yell at each other without reprocussions all the time

Most of the time, thats the only way sh!t gets done. When you talk to people softly with total comcern for their feelings, you get steamrolled.

I can't speak for construction or Hollywood.

If you are yelling at people in a corporate environment, you're a crappy manager and most likely on a power trip.

Bateman went full snowflake

This better get nipped in the bud or everyone that is a lazy pos in the work place will be suing. Man, this country is gonna fall apart in the next 20 or so years if we keep letting the pussies and losers have their way.

Thankfully I'm in construction and we yell at each other without reprocussions all the time

For now. Once the me too generation gets in the door and doesn't want to work, they will say you are harassing them. Then some me too judge will agree.

It's crazy. One of my good friends is running for governor here in Iowa. He had to drop out yesterday because three women from years ago came forward and said in a social setting at a bar he sexually harass them. Not workplace. At a bar. And it was like ass grabbing.

Guy worked his ass off to become a senator and had a fairly good chance of winning Governor. Poof all gone. It's crazy.

I can't speak for construction or Hollywood.

If you are yelling at people in a corporate environment, you're a crappy manager and most likely on a power trip.

This.

But I have worked in coal mines and on oil rigs, even then generally only a few as$holes feel the need to constantly yell at other people. Most people are generally nice to one another in these generally rough work conditions.

This better get nipped in the bud or everyone that is a lazy pos in the work place will be suing. Man, this country is gonna fall apart in the next 20 or so years if we keep letting the pussies and losers have their way.

For now. Once the me too generation gets in the door and doesn't want to work, they will say you are harassing them. Then some me too judge will agree.

Yeah, I was thinking about that

From experience, it doesn't even have to be actually yelling. And I'm sure most of you have run across this with a woman at one point or another. Basically, you could speak to someone in your most rational voice, but if you telling them something they don't want to hear? And they are a woman? Waah! He's yelling at me!

I'll never forget my first "it's not what you said it's how you said it! "😭

Conversation.

• Like 1

Basically, it's becoming very clear that hey maybe we should have the most con old, sensitive, Freakshow, literal drama queens in the country defining what is and is not acceptable workplace Behavior.

You can bet your ass that the majority of women busting their hump for a living don't really give a what color free $5,000 frock these multi-millionaire actresses wear to their fifth award show of the year in order to protest and 'empower women'.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/24/entertainment/jessica-walter-jeffrey-tambor-arrested/index.html

Getting yelled at by a co-worker. Doesn't have to be sexual in nature and all apparently. If your coworker makes you feel bad, then it's harassment. And that co-worker should be fired immediately according to this situation.

Hey, remember when we were supposed to believe that nonsense that women were strong and powerful and capable and every bit as able 2 exist and compete in the workplace as men?

Yeah they were just kidding.

This has what the left has caused...

This has what the left has caused...

the funny thing is, Jeffrey Tambor was very very recently the liberal-left superhero for playing a transvestite.

I swear, they are eating their own.

It's crazy. One of my good friends is running for governor here in Iowa. He had to drop out yesterday because three women from years ago came forward and said in a social setting at a bar he sexually harass them. Not workplace. At a bar. And it was like ass grabbing.

Guy worked his ass off to become a senator and had a fairly good chance of winning Governor. Poof all gone. It's crazy.

In fairness he certainly sounds creepy:

Earlier allegations against Boulton date back to his time at Drake Law School, from which he graduated in 2005.

Millage, who attended Drake Law School from 2001 to 2004, said she remembers seeing him regularly at the law school’s weekly “bar review” night — an open event for law students to gather at area bars once a week.

One night, she said, Boulton approached her in a loud, crowded bar. She said she does not remember the bar or the date, but believes it was in 2002.

As she sat on a tall bar stool, she said he pressed his erect ###### against her upper thigh.

“I guess I thought that he couldn’t have known that that happened,” she said.

Millage said dismissing the incident “felt reasonable at the time. The first time.”

But it happened again, she said.

“It was probably three or four times total before I completely registered that this is a thing that he’s doing,” Millage said. “This isn’t just some weird accident or something.”

She said the incidents occurred over the course of about a year, all in bars.

Millage said the interactions were difficult to process, in part because she said they were not accompanied by inappropriate remarks, come-ons or other lewd actions.

“He’d just be talking about some mundane contracts class or something like that, and he’s blatantly doing this and looking at you right in the face as he’s doing it,” Millage said.

Millage said Boulton was not noticeably intoxicated.

A friend of Millage’s, who is now a 41-year-old Des Moines-area resident, said she joined Millage out for drinks one night and experienced the same thing.

She said she was sitting on a bar stool, making her thigh about waist-height. She said Boulton, whom she had not met before, approached her and, without speaking, put his erect ###### against her upper thigh. She said he made direct eye contact.

“I just kind of moved away from him,” said the woman, who asked not to be named. “I would like to think if that happened to me now at 41, I would have yelled at him or something. But in my early 20s, I just kind of walked away from him to make it stop.”

The woman said she told Millage about what happened and realized their stories were remarkably similar. But neither woman said she reported the situation.

“What was I going to do, go to the dean of the law school and be like, ‘This guy is rubbing his erection on me?’” Millage said. “That just wasn’t ever on my radar as a conversation I was going to have. And I have no idea — if I could go back in time I still don’t know that I would have had any idea what to do then, either.”

The butt grabbing thing you mention was a bit aggressive (and repeated) if the story is legit.

source

Sounds to me like had a lot of audacity, far too much ego, assumed the women would be into it.

eta: As a female, something like that wouldn't "scar" me. It would be insight that the person has really low character though, and it would be uneasy seeing them rise through political ranks, sitting on the information. Granted, sexual stuff or other stuff, I kind of (as do most people) just assume most politicians have questionable character.

debil's advocate....

upper thigh? multiple times? that's an interesting position to be in while talking to someone. if someone does not say anything, does he assume it is not wanted?

this is not something i would do unless i were single and a woman would actually lean into me. this would happen in college at bars and while dancing. also, when we would travel in groups many of our female friends would like to sit on our laps, etc.

Seriously. You're sitting on a bar stool, your legs are spread wide enough for a guy to literally walk into your lap and your what? Having basic boring law conversations?

" I never know when to use IBID when I'm footnoting my briefs..."

(Hmm I do believe I feel an erection against my thigh! What could he possibly be thinking?)

...talk about Manspreading...

Upper =/= inner.

The part I bolded is a friend of the one who experienced it multiple times. They'd never met, he allegedly approached her, didn't say anything and did it.

There's basically two possibilities:

These women talk about it because it was unwanted. In their minds they did not encourage it. We'd probably agree with their take.

These women are misconstruing it now. Since they don't know the guy beyond the encounters, it can't be out of malice, and thus would have to be for 15 mins of attention. That's not the impression I get from how they express what their thoughts were, and the butt grabbing thing is similar audacity wise, because the woman eventually got to the point of physically positioning herself to prevent it.

Upper =/= inner.

possible. when i hear thigh i immediately think inner, as outer starts to blend into glute or hamstring

2005, right?

So sick of their BS.

Give them the benefit of the doubt (personally my instinct is they should have it), but for you, hypothetically..

We're in a media/culture environment where sharing this information may have an impact now. Since it will be taken seriously, you're not risking being seen as a troublemaker as much as pre #metoo. Popular opinion (or maybe just politically correct opinion) won't assume you enticed it, or just figure it's all good, either way.

He's running for Governor.

Makes complete sense that it would surface now. So it's either dishonest and for attention or it's a PSA.

Anybody else notice that the woman who suddenly remembered Roy Moore getting to second base with her 30 years ago literally shut the up the day after the election?

... and Gloria pantsuit was nowhere to be found. Chasing cameras is a full-time job for that .

In fairness he certainly sounds creepy:

5]Earlier allegations against Boulton date back to his time at Drake Law School, from which he graduated in 2005.

5]

5]Millage, who attended Drake Law School from 2001 to 2004, said she remembers seeing him regularly at the law schools weekly bar review night an open event for law students to gather at area bars once a week.

5]

5]One night, she said, Boulton approached her in a loud, crowded bar. She said she does not remember the bar or the date, but believes it was in 2002.

5]

5]As she sat on a tall bar stool, she said he pressed his erect ###### against her upper thigh.

5]

5]I guess I thought that he couldnt have known that that happened, she said.

5]

5]Millage said dismissing the incident felt reasonable at the time. The first time.

5]

5]But it happened again, she said.

5]

5]It was probably three or four times total before I completely registered that this is a thing that hes doing, Millage said. This isnt just some weird accident or something.

5]

5]She said the incidents occurred over the course of about a year, all in bars.

5]

5]Millage said the interactions were difficult to process, in part because she said they were not accompanied by inappropriate remarks, come-ons or other lewd actions.

5]

5]Hed just be talking about some mundane contracts class or something like that, and hes blatantly doing this and looking at you right in the face as hes doing it, Millage said.

5]

5]Millage said Boulton was not noticeably intoxicated.

5]

5]A friend of Millages, who is now a 41-year-old Des Moines-area resident, said she joined Millage out for drinks one night and experienced the same thing.

5]

5]She said she was sitting on a bar stool, making her thigh about waist-height. She said Boulton, whom she had not met before, approached her and, without speaking, put his erect ###### against her upper thigh. She said he made direct eye contact.

5]

5]I just kind of moved away from him, said the woman, who asked not to be named. I would like to think if that happened to me now at 41, I would have yelled at him or something. But in my early 20s, I just kind of walked away from him to make it stop.

5]

5]The woman said she told Millage about what happened and realized their stories were remarkably similar. But neither woman said she reported the situation.

5]

5]What was I going to do, go to the dean of the law school and be like, This guy is rubbing his erection on me? Millage said. That just wasnt ever on my radar as a conversation I was going to have. And I have no idea if I could go back in time I still dont know that I would have had any idea what to do then, either.

The butt grabbing thing you mention was a bit aggressive (and repeated) if the story is legit.

source

Sounds to me like had a lot of audacity, far too much ego, assumed the women would be into it.

eta: As a female, something like that wouldn't "scar" me. It would be insight that the person has really low character though, and it would be uneasy seeing them rise through political ranks, sitting on the information. Granted, sexual stuff or other stuff, I kind of (as do most people) just assume most politicians have questionable character.

Yeah that's crazy. I mean I've known this guy over 15 years and I've been out with him. He certainly isn't a guy that has game.... And certainly isn't forward enough to be sprouting boners and rubbing them on legs.

I mean he's a guy. The ass grabbing I could probably see but that even seems like a stretch. Hard to explain. Feel bad for the guy. He worked hard for a lot of people in the community and worked hard to get where he's at.

My brother is in construction; a few years ago he worked for a major railroad company. He cut his chops in NJ so it was normal to yell at each other. Unfortunately he found himself on a project in Montreal... after the umpteenth time of unsafely parking heavy equipment on pavement not built for it, my brother let the guy know in colorful words what a fockchop he was. Apparently this doesn't fly for special snowflakes in Canada, and he was fired. Not even sent to training, fired.

He ended up with his old company working on some cool projects (Falcons Stadium, another one possible in Vegas in the near future) so it all worked out. I just scratch my head that the Canucks are such sensitive snowflakes that his company let go a guy who managed some significant activities because the guy couldn't take some F-bombs for his failure. :dunno:

I gotta admit, I cant stand being yelled at by my boss. My first real job, with my dad, thats all it ever was. Yelling and screaming all damn day. Much of it was between him and my stepmom, but I got my share too.

I wont put up with that anymore. Fock you. You wanna focking Fire me? Do it. But Im not gonna stand here and let you scream at me like Im a little b!tch.

I just scratch my head that the Canucks are such sensitive snowflakes that his company let go a guy who managed some significant activities because the guy couldn't take some F-bombs for his failure. :dunno:

Canada is definitely ahead of the curve with this stuff. It probably explains why right now the most outspoken and thoughtful anti-identity politics commentators disproportionately hail from there to a remarkable degree. When your own prime minister out SJW's a SJW because she uses the term "mankind," things are at a state where the effort to inject some sanity back is serious.

Yeah that's crazy. I mean I've known this guy over 15 years and I've been out with him. He certainly isn't a guy that has game.... And certainly isn't forward enough to be sprouting boners and rubbing them on legs.

I mean he's a guy. The ass grabbing I could probably see but that even seems like a stretch. Hard to explain. Feel bad for the guy. He worked hard for a lot of people in the community and worked hard to get where he's at.

So do you think opposition paid these women to put these stories out there? Does he acknowledge/recollect having any encounters with any of the 3 mentioned in the Register article?

I gotta admit, I cant stand being yelled at by my boss. My first real job, with my dad, thats all it ever was. Yelling and screaming all damn day. Much of it was between him and my stepmom, but I got my share too.

I wont put up with that anymore. Fock you. You wanna focking Fire me? Do it. But Im not gonna stand here and let you scream at me like Im a little b!tch.

But you are a little b!tch. ;)

So do you think opposition paid these women to put these stories out there? Does he acknowledge/recollect having any encounters with any of the 3 mentioned in the Register article?

He ackknowledged having encounters with them but said he doesn't recall the encounters going in that direction.

That's the problem with these kinds of allegations. He either vehemently denies them and then he's calling these women liars. Or he admits to it and he's a pervert. Even the way he said it people were calling him an excuse maker.

I mean one of these allegations was from 15 years ago when he was in law school.

That's the problem with these kinds of allegations. He either vehemently denies them and then he's calling these women liars. Or he admits to it and he's a pervert. Even the way he said it people were calling him an excuse maker.

I mean one of these allegations was from 15 years ago when he was in law school.

Disgusting and ridiculous. Did you know that Dennis hastert actually didn't get convicted of molesting and raping little boys?

He couldn't. Because there was a statute of limitations.

But any attention seeking hoar can claim a story occurred without a shred of proof from 10 20 30 years ago and it's freaking gospel like it just happened yesterday.

Disgusting and ridiculous. Did you know that Dennis hastert actually didn't get convicted of molesting and raping little boys?

He couldn't. Because there was a ###### statute of limitations.

But any attention seeking hoar can claim a story occurred without a shred of proof from 10 20 30 years ago and it's freaking gospel like it just happened yesterday.

Yeah it's a shame. I mean I get it...I'm not around the guy 24/7 and Lord knows I've done stuff others can't and I can't fathom I've done...but this will ruin his career. May have to even resign his Senate seat...from allegations in a social setting, not work.

which leads to this.

Anybody who spent more than 5 minutes with a woman can tell you they will share the most intimate details of their life with their sisters their co-workers acquaintances even some lady they just ran into while waiting at the grocery store.

...but yeah, we're supposed to believe that the same woman who just told her hairdresser about last week's still birth sat on stories like this for years and decades. For fear of a guy with relatively zero power?

"Because they're just so scared and traumatized."

Fock off .

His dropping out of the gubernatorial race over this - two women from than a decade ago, and one woman from 2015 (allegation of repeated unwanted butt grabbing) gives me the impression he knows there are more women who may come out of the woodwork.

He's either being completely railroaded, and I would assume one of his opponent's backers have something to do with it, or he has handled himself like a creep with women.

I will say, reading this story (one of the latest) and keeping in mind the potential that the encounters are being portrayed wildly different from how they went down, there is a sealing of his fate based on the accusations being expressed alone. Either his fellow party lawmakers are caving incredibly quickly and throwing him under the bus because of the politically correct atmosphere when it comes to this topic, or they're okay with seeing him go because they know something.

His dropping out of the gubernatorial race over this - two women from than a decade ago, and one woman from 2015 (allegation of repeated unwanted butt grabbing) gives me the impression he knows there are more women who may come out of the woodwork.

He's either being completely railroaded, and I would assume one of his opponent's backers have something to do with it, or he has handled himself like a creep with women.

I will say, reading this story (one of the latest) and keeping in mind the potential that the encounters are being portrayed wildly different from how they went down, there is a sealing of his fate based on the accusations being expressed alone. Either his fellow party lawmakers are caving incredibly quickly and throwing him under the bus because of the politically correct atmosphere when it comes to this topic, or they're okay with seeing him go because they know something.

Yeah who knows. That's definitely an ugly side of politics. If there's an open wound at all you're going to have both sides just digging into it first thing busting it Wide Open with an enormous amount of fake outrage.

I'm just not sure I agree that someone that has done a lot of good for workers rights and people in his community should have that all taken away because of some ass grabbing in a bar years ago. I'm not condoning it but I also don't think it's a death sentence either.

which leads to this.

Anybody who spent more than 5 minutes with a woman can tell you they will share the most intimate details of their life with their sisters their co-workers acquaintances even some lady they just ran into while waiting at the grocery store.

...but yeah, we're supposed to believe that the same woman who just told her hairdresser about last week's still birth sat on stories like this for years and decades. For fear of a guy with relatively zero power?

"Because they're just so scared and traumatized."

Fock off .

No one is bringing up this kind of thought.

The two women more than a decade ago shared it with each other. They were friends.

None of the three women talked about having fear of him in regards to talking about it. The thought would be that pre "#metoo" there would be little impact of sharing it, and maybe if there was impact, it would be people resenting you as a troublemaker, figuring you probably enticed it, or figuring it's no big deal, either way.

Yeah who knows. That's definitely an ugly side of politics. If there's an open wound at all you're going to have both sides just digging into it first thing busting it Wide Open with an enormous amount of fake outrage.

I'm just not sure I agree that someone that has done a lot of good for workers rights and people in his community should have that all taken away because of some ass grabbing in a bar years ago. I'm not condoning it but I also don't think it's a death sentence either.

It's his own side that is coming down on him the hardest in the state senate.

You know...the ass grabbing story, if it's true, makes him sound like he had no regard for her autonomy. Not merely grabbing her ass, doing it repeatedly, and doing it while she was trying to prevent it.

As an aside, besides the major fairness and justice issues these accusation situations are fraught with, it does seem like there is also a resentment that women should complain about certain behavior in the first place, and it be seen as valid to complain about. Ie., grabbing a woman's ass several times when she's not into it shouldn't really factor as a character issue.

Overreactions bother me, and advocating for a kind of super safe unnatural approach of making sure to spell everything out before doing anything intimate, but there is a big spectrum of behavior and where people put the middle ground varies. If the story is true, for me it crosses that reasonable middle ground line. Disrespect someone's autonomy, you're an asshole.