Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Life insurance

Im sure most if not all of you have it. Used to have it when I was in the military but not when I got out. Now that Im 30 Im looking to probably get just a simple plan. Did any of you get any special kind of plan and which did you go with?

Company provided.

You don't have kids, do not worry about it.

Yeah, because if digby dies his wife is just going to use it to treat the next guy who pounds her

Yeah, because if digby dies his wife is just going to use it to treat the next guy who pounds her

Shhhh! I invested too much time into stalking him a couple years ago to NOT be that guy. Don’t ruin this for me!

That or she dies first and then I use that money to pound the next girl (looking for both us FYI)

Maybe a small 10-20k policy just to take care of expenses, etc. At your age though any plan that small will be dirt cheap, just call up met life.

We have 2 small kids and have 500k policy for me and a 200k policy for my wife. I hope that along with other assets would be enough for one of our siblings to raise our kids should the unthinkable happen.

Maybe a small 10-20k policy just to take care of expenses, etc. At your age though any plan that small will be dirt cheap, just call up met life.

We have 2 small kids and have 500k policy for me and a 200k policy for my wife. I hope that along with other assets would be enough for one of our siblings to raise our kids should the unthinkable happen.

Thats pretty much all we want. Just something to take care of funeral expenses in case something should happen.

So wrong on so many levels.

Doesn’t life insurance always end with murder and a coverup? Hmm, if I kill you I’ll be rich...

You think shes waiting for Digbys death for that?

• Like 1

How?

If my wife died I'd want more than $200k to raise my daughter's.

Again it's all what you can afford but my wife and I both have million-dollar policies. Money is just something we don't want them to ever worry about.

(Also someone please have Keith Morrison do my Dateline story when I murdered. Thanks.)

On thing to remember for young people is what you future liabilities may look like. Kids, mortgage, wife, and so on.

Buy a 20 year level term policy for a minimum of $250,000 WITH the ability to convert at a future date. If for some crazy reason you become uninsurable you will always have this $250,000 of coverage. It can't be taken away from you.

Wrong.

I previously asked why you thought my opinion was wrong, but you did not answer. I am open to changing my opinion on this subject, but I currently do not see a need for more life insurance than what I have.

Its an opinion, just like yours. No need to get all aggro because you’re promoting insurance.

Don't give incorrect information. I don't pretend to Dr.

I previously asked why you thought my opinion was wrong, but you did not answer. I am open to changing my opinion on this subject, but I currently do not see a need for more life insurance than what I have.

He’s a financial advisor or ins salesman. So it is antithetical to his job description to promote anything but fear of financial ruin, however unlikely.

Your advice of 10-20,000 was off.

Stop being a doosh

I'll tell you what, call you Dentist for advice since ones profession doesn't matter when seeking.

No kidding. I don’t think anything Mtski or I said was offensive, and a valid argument can be made for our opinion on the matter.

So now opinion matters. I figured you were all for statistics. Btw, everyone will die and when properly used it stops all the gofundme bull shat.

I was actually going to start shopping soon. Would like to see some answers

Here,you go. Life insurance is a waste. Spend it on booze and take a chance. Just promise to pay for your own funeral and Fock your in leu of flowers donate to the kids BS.

Go get em.

So now opinion matters. I figured you were all for statistics. Btw, everyone will die and when properly used it stops all the gofundme bull shat.

Give me some stats. I’m interested in proven benefit of life insurance for gainfully employed couples without dependents.

Here,you go. Life insurance is a waste. Spend it on booze and take a chance. Just promise to pay for your own funeral and Fock your in leu of flowers donate to the kids BS.

Go get em.

Yeah, all I hear still is :cry:

Give me some stats. Im interested in proven benefit of life insurance for gainfully employed couples without dependents.

You need a bunch of stats to tell you that a two-person income will drastically affect your way of living if it goes down to one? With mortgages cars Etc? Really?

You need a bunch of stats to tell you that a two-person income will drastically affect your way of living if it goes down to one? With mortgages cars Etc? Really?

I didnt say it cant help financially, I said it isnt necessary if both spouses are gainfully employed with no dependents. For me and my wife at least, it wouldnt impact our standard of living at all. Wed be just as well suited to invest the $ elsewhere.

Do you carry full insurance indefinitely on all your vehicles?

Insurance is a rip off unless you die young, I am not willing to bet anyone I am going to die. All you need to cover expenses is a GoFundMe Page, everyone is doing it. Any children under 18 will get Social Security if you die.

Give me some stats. I’m interested in proven benefit of life insurance for gainfully employed couples without dependents.

Is the op going to have children? We already know he's going to die.

I didnt say it cant help financially, I said it isnt necessary if both spouses are gainfully employed with no dependents. For me and my wife at least, it wouldnt impact our standard of living at all. Wed be just as well suited to invest the $ elsewhere.

Do you carry full insurance indefinitely on all your vehicles?

Sure I guess. I mean there's no guarantee with wherever you put that money Unlike an insurance policy but sure. Heck you could take the money and play lotto tickets in really have some big winnings.

Don't get me wrong my Dad ran in insurance company and I can't stand insurance but I also don't mind the idea that if I drop dead tomorrow my family and kids are going to be well off and money will never be an issue for them. Not saying you are wrong just saying that wouldn't be my preference.

Your advice of 10-20,000 was off.

It is. You can get a 100,000 term policy at 30 for about the same cost as one of those shitty 10-20,000 death policies.

I cannot stress enough the importance of taking out the life insurance while you are young and still qualify. It's not just about the cost. HTH

• Like 1

Insurance is a rip off unless you die young, I am not willing to bet anyone I am going to die. All you need to cover expenses is a GoFundMe Page, everyone is doing it. Any children under 18 will get Social Security if you die.

I'm glad you have no problem with kids trying to live on SS benefits. They will turn out to be good democrats as they wont have a shoot in hell of making anything of their lives.

Sure I guess. I mean there's no guarantee with wherever you put that money Unlike an insurance policy but sure. Heck you could take the money and play lotto tickets in really have some big winnings.

Don't get me wrong my Dad ran in insurance company and I can't stand insurance but I also don't mind the idea that if I drop dead tomorrow my family and kids are going to be well off and money will never be an issue for them. Not saying you are wrong just saying that wouldn't be my preference.

And I paid out $500,000 to my best friends wife because I had this same discussion BEFORE he had kids and got cancer.

Thank God he chose to spend the $35 a month for a 20 year level term policy when he was 27. He died at 40 and was uninsurable for the last 10years....while his kids were born.

• Like 1

If you have kids/dependents, life insurance makes sense. If youre not sure, err on the side of getting it while young.

Care to answer my question about car insurance? We all take calculated risks, including financial ones.