Sign in to follow this  
DirtbagMcGee

Dynasty league trade

12 man dynasty league and it's PPR scoring. Its a 23 man roster and a six rd draft where every team has to drop 6 players. My RB are J Charles, AP, T Gerhart, and S Ridley. My WR are A Johnson, R Wayne, A Boldin and L Robinson. I'm being offered a trade where I would be sending AP and Gerhart for M lynch (or A Bradshaw), V Jackson, and his first round pick (7th overall). I know AP is not going to be very productive this year, but has the potential to be the an elite player in the next few years to come. I'm not to high on V jax specially in TB. Lynch just got paid and has had a spotty career (A Bradshaw is more of a #2 RB, but a starter nonetheless). The kicker is the additional 1st rd pick which I could use along with my 1st rd pick to grab a young RB and WR to add to my aging roster. Do you think I should make the trade or hang on to AP?

12 man dynasty league and it's PPR scoring. Its a 23 man roster and a six rd draft where every team has to drop 6 players. My RB are J Charles, AP, T Gerhart, and S Ridley. My WR are A Johnson, R Wayne, A Boldin and L Robinson. I'm being offered a trade where I would be sending AP and Gerhart for M lynch (or A Bradshaw), V Jackson, and his first round pick (7th overall). I know AP is not going to be very productive this year, but has the potential to be the an elite player in the next few years to come. I'm not to high on V jax specially in TB. Lynch just got paid and has had a spotty career (A Bradshaw is more of a #2 RB, but a starter nonetheless). The kicker is the additional 1st rd pick which I could use along with my 1st rd pick to grab a young RB and WR to add to my aging roster. Do you think I should make the trade or hang on to AP?

I would hang on to AP. Neither Lynch/Bradshaw has the potential upside that AP does, plus you already have the handcuff. I agree with you on V-Jax. If I were going to trade AP, I'd be looking for a deal that includes a young player on the rise that has future potential to be a rock star (i.e. D Murray or C.J. Spiller), and unless you think Trent Richardson is going to fall to you at #7, this trade is not giving you that.

what other WR could he offer besides Jackson?

if you could get a more steady PPR WR, i really like this deal. Lynch is good and only 25 years old. people forget that. They also forget that he was good in buffalo until an injury and then he never really regained his job.

I would easily ship ADP for Lynch, a good PPR WR and pick 1.7

right now you have a RB group that is just littered with injury ?'s and an aging WR duo.

what other WR could he offer besides Jackson?

if you could get a more steady PPR WR, i really like this deal. Lynch is good and only 25 years old. people forget that. They also forget that he was good in buffalo until an injury and then he never really regained his job.

I would easily ship ADP for Lynch, a good PPR WR and pick 1.7

right now you have a RB group that is just littered with injury ?'s and an aging WR duo.

I countered to get Julio jones or AJ green instead of Vjax, but he refused my offer. Vjax is the sour part of this deal because I'm taking a hit at RB and gaining a mediocre reciever. This is the only reason that I have not pulled the trigger on the trade. I'm very conflicted on the pros and cons of this trade for me. I have asked a couple of people and I have received the same amount of people that say to do it as people that say not to do it.

Green and Jones are good options. If you're really itching to make a trade, maybe try passing on the draft pick, and just go for Lynch and Green/Jones. Also you should shop AP/Gerhart around to other owners in the league to see if any of them will offer you a deal that you like more.

yes, consider asking for lynch + jones or green (his choice) and maybe a 2nd rounder instead of a first.

yes, consider asking for lynch + jones or green (his choice) and maybe a 2nd rounder instead of a first.

I had already Offered him to make the trade with lynch + jones/green without the pick and he still refused.

I had already Offered him to make the trade with lynch + jones/green without the pick and he still refused.

You've got a long way to go before the season starts. I'd wait for a better deal. If V-Jax is not the guy you want (can't blame you), you'll find a better deal else where.

You've got a long way to go before the season starts. I'd wait for a better deal. If V-Jax is not the guy you want (can't blame you), you'll find a better deal else where.

I'd also consider throwing out some feelers around the league to trade up draft picks. Maybe you can combine the 1.07 pick with one of your picks to move up into the top 4, which is where the real value is in this years rookie draft.

Yeah I'm shopping him around to see if anyone bites. I have no problems with keeping AP because the guy is a beast. I am talking to someone that is toying with the idea of sending me McFadden and sproles for AP. which I would try to trade McFadden for TRich. Let's see. Last question for you folks who do you like better beanie wells, Roy Healy, or Steven Ridley? Thanks

Yeah I'm shopping him around to see if anyone bites. I have no problems with keeping AP because the guy is a beast. I am talking to someone that is toying with the idea of sending me McFadden and sproles for AP. which I would try to trade McFadden for TRich. Let's see. Last question for you folks who do you like better beanie wells, Roy Healy, or Steven Ridley? Thanks

helu?

i like wells and helu BOUT THE SAME.

ppr nod to helu

I think I would make this trade. I'm not a big fan of VJax either, but I still think he can be a 60-1000-7 type WR this year. That's over 200 points in PPR and much better than any of your other WR2 options in my opinion. I expect Josh Freeman to be closer to his 2010 season than 2011 season. He has the tools.

AP is NOT going to be ready to be a full time starter in Week 1 in my opinion. All signs point to Gerhart getting more carries early. The thing is, AP will get carries as well. I could see them splitting touches early in the season and hurting each other's value as they ease Peterson back in. Lynch on the other hand is his team's definite starter. As White Wonder said, he's only 26 years old (a year younger than AP) and not coming off a major knee injury. For this season, I'd rather have Lynch short term for sure. Long term, AP obviously has a higher ceiling, but who knows how he rebounds from this injury. Throw in a nice upgrade at WR2 and the #7 pick in the draft, and I think this trade makes your team better. Certainly for this year in my opinion, and while it could be a gamble long term, I think it's a gamble I'd make. AP has a lot of miles on him, is coming off a major knee injury, and is not really a dominant PPR back anyways due to his lack of receptions.