Sign in to follow this  
Pigskin Pappy

Just curious if you think I bought low or...

Traded Mariotta, Carr, L Miller, & Enuwa

for

R WIlson, & D Cook

Im not asking for trade approval or the like, my question is, do you think Wilson will do like he did last year where he was qb4 after week 4 or 5 or is he due for a down year.

Also, Cook, once healthy will be RB1? RB2? going forward

thanks for your input

I owned Wilson last year and grew to have even more regard for his Houdini-like abilities to extricate himself from trouble and single handedly put the team on his back. That said, my interest cooled when I saw that SEA lost the services of Jimmy Graham and Paul Richardson and that they had hired a new OC that wanted to emphasize the run. So I didn't target him in this year's draft and continue to harbor lowered expectations for his 2018 production.

When you compare MIN's numbers from this year's first 4 weeks to that of last year's, you see more pass attempts and less carries for the RBs. That doesn't mean Cook might not get some work in the passing game but it's a reason to shade his outlook negatively. Also, his YPC is significantly down from last year. There's talk that the O-line had a tough time protecting Cousins (especially against the Rams) and maybe they're not opening holes for Cook.

You traded a bunch of trash for two upside players and opened up two bench spots.

Enunwa is not trash. May have a slow day against Denver today, but has averaged 5+ receptions and 70 yards a game.

for

R WIlson, & D Cook

Im not asking for trade approval or the like, my question is, do you think Wilson will do like he did last year where he was qb4 after week 4 or 5 or is he due for a down year.

thanks for your input

Good job.

Like it.

• Like 1

for

R WIlson, & D Cook

thanks for your input

I see two players that have a chance to be core/vital pieces of a championship team and you landed both of them. Cook is more of an RB3 when he initial comes back, who could be an RB1. I need to see Min commit to him and the run game before I really trust him.

Wilson:

Week 14 vs Min

15 @ SF

16 vs Kc

All 3 bottom 10 vs opposing QBs (fantasywise), and a chance Sea is still playing for something.

I won't give anything up for him right now, but if he falls victim to bye week crunches, why not?

I traded for Cook as well. I gave up Deon Lewis and Kenny Stills. A lot of people were mad thinking I ripped him off. AS mentioned above he has proved anything yet in his NFL career. The line sucks. I do believe the talent is there. I can see it pays off if he can shrug off this injury bug.