Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Wasn’t the Home run derby last night?

Every pitcher throws 99 mph fastballs too. May have a slider.

Its either an overpowering fastball or a HR.

I miss the days of Greg Maddux with change of speeds, location, the art of pitching. Pedro Martinez the same.

And who combatted that great pitching? Wade Boggs, Tony Gynn, Don Mattingly.

I guess Im old. But I miss the art of baseball.

Every pitcher throws 99 mph fastballs too. May have a slider.

Its either an overpowering fastball or a HR.

I miss the days of Greg Maddux with change of speeds, location, the art of pitching. Pedro Martinez the same.

And who combatted that great pitching? Wade Boggs, Tony Gynn, Don Mattingly.

I guess Im old. But I miss the art of baseball.

Its still out there, but not as prevalent.

We talked about it in another thread but hitting has progressed far beyond level swing and make contact.

You gotta be able to drive the ball into the gaps or lift it outta the park to compete in todays MLB.

Just as I typed that, Votto tags another one.

Its still out there, but not as prevalent.

We talked about it in another thread but hitting has progressed far beyond level swing and make contact.

You gotta be able to drive the ball into the gaps or lift it outta the park to compete in todays MLB.

Just as I typed that, Votto tags another one.

I love baseball. But this sounds like its trending to mens competive softball. Not even kidding. Everybody just hits homers so they put in rules that after 4 homers, if you hit it out, its an out.

Okay Im being facetious. Kinda.

I love baseball. But this sounds like its trending to mens competive softball. Not even kidding. Everybody just hits homers so they put in rules that after 4 homers, if you hit it out, its an out.

Okay Im being facetious. Kinda.

At some point, theyll start moving fences back. And thats ok. Ballparks dont have set dimensions on purpose. The game is flexible enough to adjust.

Speaking of the actual derby I hate the newer format.It's not that I dislike Harper but Schwarber put on a show Monday night(55 homers,2nd most ever) and still took 2nd.

Speaking of the actual derby I hate the newer format.It's not that I dislike Harper but Schwarber put on a show Monday night(55 homers,2nd most ever) and still took 2nd.

Youre right. And I hate Harper.

I think you all sound like a lot of people that watch sportcenter and not baseball..

You want an artist on the mound who changed speeds and paints corners watch Nola pitch

You have Trout and Betts and Lindor who are 5 tool players who can absolutely do everything. Baseball is awsome right now

I think you all sound like a lot of people that watch sportcenter and not baseball..

You want an artist on the mound who changed speeds and paints corners watch Nola pitch

You have Trout and Betts and Lindor who are 5 tool players who can absolutely do everything. Baseball is awsome right now

I said above that its out there, just not as prevalent.

On the Cubs, neither Lester nor Hendricks are over-powering pitchers, but theyre among the best in the game and fun to watch.

My comment was about all the scoring coming from the bombs in last nights game. There were 10 of em!

Hitters are definitely more focused on the long ball. Exit velocity and launch angle are the latest ways to describe and measure a hitters power.

Well what you are saying is that you enjoy the game more when players are statistically not playing the way that is most effective.

Nobody cares about baseball anymore

hth

Raise the mounds again. Easy fix.

1 pitch per at bat

Well what you are saying is that you enjoy the game more when players are statistically not playing the way that is most effective.

What?

HR's have statistically been proven to have to be more and more valuable over hitting for average. Thats why we have seen an increase in strike outs. There is not really a 2 out approach by many hitters anymore.

The increase in HR's as also decreased the value of SB's. At this point you need to steal successfully at an 82% rate to see a net positive.

People complaining that the HR uptick is hurting the game are literally arguing that players should play take an approach that statistically is less advantageous

HR's have statistically been proven to have to be more and more valuable over hitting for average.

:o

you mean to tell me a HR is better than a single? :o

what next? a walk is a good as a hit :wacko: (dumbest thing ever said on a baseball field)

:o

you mean to tell me a HR is better than a single? :o

what next? a walk is a good as a hit :wacko: (dumbest thing ever said on a baseball field)

:thumbsdown:

:thumbsdown:

Tony Gwynn should come up from the grave and strangle you

HR's have statistically been proven to have to be more and more valuable over hitting for average. Thats why we have seen an increase in strike outs. There is not really a 2 out approach by many hitters anymore.

The increase in HR's as also decreased the value of SB's. At this point you need to steal successfully at an 82% rate to see a net positive.

People complaining that the HR uptick is hurting the game are literally arguing that players should play take an approach that statistically is less advantageous

Im not complaining about HRs at all. I was stomping making an observation that there were a bunch of them. Maybe youre confusing my comments with KSBs?

Im not complaining about HRs at all. I was stomping making an observation that there were a bunch of them. Maybe youre confusing my comments with KSBs?

Yes but I thought u were echoing that sentiment