Sign in to follow this  
CornKobb

Its that time of year again. Keenan Allen, Davante Adams, or Christian Mccaffery

All drafted around the mid 2nd in PPR. Who has the best year.....highest/lowest floor ceiling.

Im at odds at how to rank these 3.

Any input greatly appreciated. Glad to be back. thanks Cornkobb

In my full PPR, Mccaffrey went 13th, Keenan 17th, Adams 24th. I got both the receivers as it was a 10 team snake, and I drafted Zeke in 1st (4th overall).

I think I got a steal with Adams 24th as I probably would've picked him 17th if Keenan wasn't there.

Green Bay fan here. The Adams-Rodgers connection looks lethal. Rodgers' release with Adams ability to seperate off the line will cause havoc for defenses. Adams could be highest scoring wideout this year if he and Rodgers play 16 games together....Wouldn't take Allen in the 1st two rounds.

Adams has the highest upside being top dog to the best QB. McCaffrey played near his ceiling last season I feel, which was good.

Adams also has the lowest floor with that concussion history

Adams has the highest upside being top dog to the best QB. McCaffrey played near his ceiling last season I feel, which was good.

Ill take a lacerated kidney which is a freak accident. And an ACL tear over multiple concussions anyday

Allen's injury history is up there too.

McCaffery, Allen, and then Adams is how I would rank them. I would jump on Christian with a no doubt pick at that position.

All drafted around the mid 2nd in PPR. Who has the best year.....highest/lowest floor ceiling.

Im at odds at how to rank these 3.

Any input greatly appreciated. Glad to be back. thanks Cornkobb

Allen

Adams

Mccaffery.

Thanks this was a great question

Took Adams with the 19 pick. Had him last year and look forward to see what he can do with no Jordy around.

Cmac, Allen, Adams.... WR are deep this year and while I understand the Adams love, hes never gone for over 1,000 yards in a season.

• Like 1

McCaffrey, Adams, Allen. Depending on who you are drafting with and where, you could luck into 2 of these. If you get all 3, dont come in here bragging about your couples league team!

I fear injury with Adams, but if he stays as a 3rd round pick in a 10-team, its worth the risk for the potential top 5 wr reward. Rodgers could lean on him heavily. Id rather have him than Allen, but its not like Allen is terrible. Hes always open and Rivers loves him for it.

If Christian, Son of Ed, gets 40 more carries on the season and catches even 60 passes, he should be a high end week to week rb. Hes the one to take here unless you love some rbs in the 4-6 round range just the same. If so, please say those rb names so we can discuss those too!

• Like 1

Dont want to start a separate McCaffrey thread but where are you guys targeting him in a standard league? Looks like hes climbing the boards quick in all....but dont want to reach since im not in ppr.

Dont want to start a separate McCaffrey thread but where are you guys targeting him in a standard league? Looks like hes climbing the boards quick in all....but dont want to reach since im not in ppr.

I think end of round two beginning of 3 is appropriate

I think end of round two beginning of 3 is appropriate

Hmm....im near the beginning of round two....end of round three. He wouldnt be there at end of three. Crap. Kinda want him...but not sure i value him more than mixon, freeman or howard.

Hmm....im near the beginning of round two....end of round three. He wouldnt be there at end of three. Crap. Kinda want him...but not sure i value him more than mixon, freeman or howard.

I would be deciding between Howard and Mccaffrey. Both of them are closely ranked for me. I would probably lean Howard in standard because I believe he will have more TDs, since Newton vultures a lot of the TDs running backs would normally get. I foresee a very nice year from Howard.

In a PPR Mccaffrey over Howard. 80 catches very possible for Mc. Howard's reception total decreased last year with shorty stealing 3rd down duties.

Standard league more of a coinflip.

I would be deciding between Howard and Mccaffrey. Both of them are closely ranked for me. I would probably lean Howard in standard because I believe he will have more TDs, since Newton vultures a lot of the TDs running backs would normally get. I foresee a very nice year from Howard.

Good point. And I think they will run cam more this year. They tried to get away from it a bit last year. Plus Olson is back. DJ Moore is a nice player too

I think they will run cam more this year. They tried to get away from it a bit last year.

Actually, Cam set his career high in rush attempts and yards last season. I had to look it up too, it sounded off but there it is.

Actually, Cam set his career high in rush attempts and yards last season. I had to look it up too, it sounded off but there it is.

Hmm... I stand corrected. Yeah in standard maybe I will pass on him.

just watched the replay of pack vs steelers and saw jimmy graham td. davante adams was way wide open compared to jimmy on the td play. still leaning mccaffery but fine with adams. keenan a somewhat safe pick too in ppr mid 2nd

Cmac, Allen, Adams.... WR are deep this year and while I understand the Adams love, hes never gone for over 1,000 yards in a season.

He was three yards short in 2016 in his 2nd season as the 3rd option.

Last year was well on his way until a dirty headshot caused him to miss 2.5 games.

He torched Malcom butler in the first preseason game. His separation off the line is top 3 in the league which was displayed in the 2nd preseason on a quick slant from Rodgers.

He's legit

so I've come to the realization that christian mccaffery in my humble opinion has the highest floor....safe with all the catches in ppr and now Kahlil another offensive lineman for carolina goes down.

there oline is in shambles.....any concern?

In a 12 team keeper league, picking 5th....and going IN with McCaffrey. Looking for Kamara with my first pick, and it's gravy from there...….. :clap: good luck

Amazing--over the last 3 days I've been agonizing who to take over the same exact plays in 1-pt ppr 12 man league.

And I keep changing my mind every day.

Adams - plays with best QB in league. Should be trailing many games, no Jordy, only Graham with a bunch of other no-names guys at WR with fragile Cobb.

McCaffrey - dude could literally top his 80 catches from last year. And the coaching staff wants the ball more in his hands this year. Scary stuff.

Allen- No Henry, Rivers will force feed him the ball. Over 100 catches last year and should be stronger coming back 2nd year from injury. No signing of Gates so far.

I've been trying to crack this and decrypt this Davinci code so far to no avail. But Allen seems to be the safest bet here?

I like that Adams plays with the best QB argument and even was a favorite target of Rodgers back up. I took Adams late second as my number 1 with all the big WR gone (Brown, Jones, OBJ etc.). Allen and McCaffery still there. I do have a small piece of McCaffery by owning Cam.

I'm thinking of going green over all these guys

Why? I love Green, We just don’t talk about him much anymore.

Why? I love Green, We just don’t talk about him much anymore.

Upgraded line, 2nd yr in lazors system, better threat opposite him in ross, mixon keeping them honest, dalton should rebound some. Green is a lock for 90 catches and 7-8 tds and over 1k yrds. typically stays healthy. It's a safe pick. It's him or Adams I'm considering after going rb in 1st. Our league only requires 1 rb, 2wr, 2 flex so more likely to go wr anyway. Personally I lean safe in early rounds is my main thinking.

Upgraded line, 2nd yr in lazors system, better threat opposite him in ross, mixon keeping them honest, dalton should rebound some. Green is a lock for 90 catches and 7-8 tds and over 1k yrds. typically stays healthy. It's a safe pick. It's him or Adams I'm considering after going rb in 1st. Our league only requires 1 rb, 2wr, 2 flex so more likely to go wr anyway. Personally I lean safe in early rounds is my main thinking.

Not at all a lock for 90 rec. His yearly rec total 75, 66, 86, 69, 98, 97, 65.

I agree with all your reasons, but you cant say hes a lock for 90. 1k and 7-8td yes Id say thats his floor.

I took risks in both my first two picks with Cook and Adams. I figure if the risk is little the reward is little. I drafted Gurley last year as an early pick when everyone was scared off him and that turned out ok

Have I lost my mind if I take Adams over all of them?

What he did year before last and then last year with no QB and now Rodgers is back? :shocking:

He could be an unstoppable force of nature to this :first:

From Roto:

Christian McCaffrey rushed 12 times for 48 yards and caught 2-of-2 targets for 16 yards in the Panthers' third preseason game.

Advice: "CMC" was extremely busy, dominating first-team reps for the third straight week and looking every bit like Carolina’s every-down back. He also recovered a Cam Newton fumble and continued to see carries deep in scoring position ahead of C.J. Anderson. After leading all NFL running backs in targets (116) as a rookie, McCaffrey is poised for a year-two leap and worth considering as early as the late first round in fantasy drafts. A true workhorse throughout his Stanford career, McCaffrey projects for a major spike on his rookie average of 12.3 touches per game.

• Like 1