Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Another cool medical invention

I havent done more than a few cycles or so of manual compressions in years thanks to this gem. It doubles as a half spineboard to aid in pt movement too. All I can say is you better hope you dont get the ET tube in the wrong hole and then fire up this puppy. #barf-o-rama

I havent done more than a few cycles or so of manual compressions in years thanks to this gem. It doubles as a half spineboard to aid in pt movement too. All I can say is you better hope you dont get the ET tube in the wrong hole and then fire up this puppy. #barf-o-rama

Ive never used it. Never even seen it til now. Usually you do 2-3 cycles of cpr before switching out with another person

I don't click on Facebook links, but I assume that is the Lucas automated chest compressor. EMS has been using this for at least five years here, pretty sure it has been on the market for about a decade.

I don't click on Facebook links, but I assume that is the Lucas automated chest compressor. EMS has been using this for at least five years here, pretty sure it has been on the market for about a decade.

Yes. I think we've had them since 08. Only a handful of gutboxes had them at first, now all do.

Gutbox? :shocking:

Slang term for a box with wheels and sirens that keeps you awake 23 hours of your 24 hour shift. All legit emergencies, mind you.

Are you all talking about the same thing here? Cuz I believe digby was referring to the super high end exclusive model that also gives patients a happy ending.

Are you all talking about the same thing here? Cuz I believe digby was referring to the super high end exclusive model that also gives patients a happy ending.

No thats your wife that does that for me

Slang term for a box with wheels and sirens that keeps you awake 23 hours of your 24 hour shift. All legit emergencies, mind you.

Ok, I don't get ambulance talk. Just spell it out for me.