Sign in to follow this  
ZeroTolerance

Muslim kid builds a clock, gets arrested for 'hoax bomb'

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/16/us-usa-texas-student-idUSKCN0RG20O20150916

A Texas teenager was taken away from school in handcuffs after he brought a homemade clock to a Dallas area school this week and school staff mistook it for a bomb, the Dallas Morning News reported on Wednesday.

Ahmed Mohamed, 14, told the newspaper he was arrested and accused of making a hoax bomb. The Council on American-Islamic Relations said the student is Muslim and the case serves as an example of religious bigotry.
"My hobby is to invent stuff," Mohamed, a student at MacArthur High School in the suburb of Irving, told the paper in a video it posted online. He showed the clock that had a digital display and a circuit board.
The new ninth-grader said he enjoys robotics and was looking to continue his interests as he started high school, so he showed the clock to a teacher.
Irving Independent School District officials were not immediately available for comment.
"They took me to a room filled with five officers," Mohamed said. "They interrogated me, and searched through my stuff and took my tablet and my invention."
He was handcuffed and taken to a detention center where he was fingerprinted and had mug shots taken, the paper said. He was freed when his parents came for him, and is not expected to face formal charges.
Mohamed has been suspended from school for three days, the paper said.

Maybe he told his teachers that it was an IED (Improvised Electronic Device)?

This happened in a school, I am, sadly, not at all surprised as the level of stupidity on demonstration here.

Imagine if a black kid brought a green water gun to a white school :o

I dont get why he's suspended, but I also dont get why he's calling his clock an invention. Digital clocks have been around for decades.

In other news, I have a great idea for a new invention. I'm going to get a hard rock to start hitting stuff with. I'm going to call it a hammer. Hope my boss likes it.

In the early 90s, after Polly Klaas got kidnapped, they outlawed all gun shaped toys or objects at our middle school.

Oh, sorry Muslim kid. Our bad. We thought your homemade clock was a bomb because we're extremely stupid.

No worries. I'll just head back to class and try to overcome the embarrassment and shame you've brought down upon me.

Not so fast. You're still suspended for 3 days. Once again. We're so very very stupid.

• Like 1

Presuming he's Arabic, if i saw an Arabic kid I didn't know walking through the school with a homemade clock, I'd suspect it might be a bomb. :dunno:

Then it would be racism if he was held accountable.

Then it would be racism if he was held accountable.

RLLD playing the race card card ... stunner

He wouldn't have been arrested if the clock wasn't strapped to his chest underneath a big coat.

2 of 10

Its sad to hear but it was probably the safe thing to do. I mean the kids name is ahmed mohammed, theres a pretty decent chance he grows up to be a bomb maker. Id rather be safe than exploded if I were the teacher.

I mean the kids name is ahmed mohammed, theres a pretty decent chance he grows up to be a bomb maker.

My first reaction was to think you are ignorant. But then I started laughing and can't stop. :lol:

Reason 72592 I'm going to hell. :(

He wouldn't have been arrested if the clock wasn't strapped to his chest underneath a big coat.

Flava Flav was arrested?

My first reaction was to think you are ignorant. But then I started laughing and can't stop. :lol:

Reason 72592 I'm going to hell. :(

Fock, my exact reaction.

Should he have been arrested? No. But that doesn't exactly scream "clock". If I had seen it I would think its something else other than a clock and have it checked out. But the kid should have been sent back to class instead of being placed in handcuffs

Yea I agree I see no clock there and could easily mistake it for a bomb. Throw in a muslim and its zero surprise this happened. I will say being arrested was way overboard, maybe just quietly detained for a bit til people figure out they arent going to be exploded.

It's a tip that circuit boards aren't explosive unless you guys think his nefarious plot was to hook up some capacitors backwards. You actually need something that explodes to make a bomb.

It's a tip that circuit boards aren't explosive unless you guys think his nefarious plot was to hook up some capacitors backwards. You actually need something that explodes to make a bomb.

Of course. People who know what they are looking at can tell there's nothing that would actually make it explode in there. However to the untrained eye all they see is wires and something that "counts" so their first thoughts are bomb. I can cut them some slack on that but putting the kid in handcuffs? No. I'm sure he kept saying it was just a clock. The teachers should have just detained him and had someone look at it. Once it cleared they send him on his way to class

He's already been invited to the White House.

A national hero.

For the Nation of Islam

Got to love the fear mongering and propaganda machine. People all over BFE middle America are askeered of imaginary terrorists, who don't give a fock about their crappy state.

Way to go US Goverment and media.

Yeah, I think all teachers should bury their heads in the sand and never think something could be a bomb. :rolleyes: How stupid to criticize the teacher/school for taking action. I applaud them. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I think all teachers should bury their heads in the sand and never think something could be a bomb. :rolleyes: How stupid to criticize the teacher/school for taking action. I applaud them. :thumbsup:

Proof, the terrorists are winning.

Proof, the terrorists are winning.

agreed but our government and media want them to win

Terrorism is the new communism.. live in fear, watch your neighbor, trust your government

agreed but our government and media want them to win

Terrorism is the new communism.. live in fear, watch your neighbor, trust your government

Got to love the fear mongering and propaganda machine. People all over BFE middle America are askeered of imaginary terrorists, who don't give a fock about their crappy state.

Way to go US Goverment and media.

:thumbsup:

I hope that little fock goes to the White House with a backpack. Tell me they won't search it before he's allowed to meet with Obama. But, damn if our school officials even dare question little mohamad and his possessions. :thumbsdown:

Don't believe the hype.

I hope that little fock goes to the White House with a backpack. Tell me they won't search it before he's allowed to meet with Obama. But, damn if our school officials even dare question little mohamad and his possessions. :thumbsdown:

You know there IS a middle ground between inspecting the device/having the police inspect it and arresting the kid and holding him without allowing him to contact his parents. I'm not quite sure why you want to insist that the options are "let every kid bring suspicious items or weapons into school without question" or "arrest the kid for making a bomb threat".

You know there IS a middle ground between inspecting the device/having the police inspect it and arresting the kid and holding him without allowing him to contact his parents. I'm not quite sure why you want to insist that the options are "let every kid bring suspicious items or weapons into school without question" or "arrest the kid for making a bomb threat".

We have taken a "zero tolerance" stand on possible threats. He shouldn't have brought something that resembles a bomb to school.

Yeah...because that is what happened.

They just questioned and searched him.

You may want to read up a bit more chief.

We have taken a "zero tolerance" stand on possible threats. He shouldn't have brought something that resembles a bomb to school.

It wasn't a possible threat.

BTW...his father ran for president of the Sudan and speaks out for women's rights, against terrorism, and freedom of the press.

Nothing about him or his family is radical or a threat.

But a bunch of pansies like you see Islam and wires and jump scared crapless.

It wasn't a possible threat.

BTW...his father ran for president of the Sudan and speaks out for women's rights, against terrorism, and freedom of the press.

Nothing about him or his family is radical or a threat.

But a bunch of pansies like you see Islam and wires and jump scared crapless.

I don't care what his parents do, what nationality they are. he brought a device that could be construed as a bomb. McVeigh was white. ANYONE IS A THREAT.

I don't care what his parents do, what nationality they are. he brought a device that could be construed as a bomb. McVeigh was white. ANYONE IS A THREAT.

OMG the terrorists are going to win on me!!!!