Sign in to follow this  
donhaas

Adam Yauch dead

I'm honestly shaken up by this. Beastie Boys were one of the main reasons I started listening to rap.

1998. Intergalactic tour. I was 13. It didn't matter I was in the nosebleed seats, I had the time of my life and wanted to listen to and learn every single beastie boys song ever.

14 years later and 8 albums purchased, I still consider myself a big Beastie Boys fan, and I am so sad this has happened to someone so early in his life.

RIP adam.

No worries. He'll be performing as a hologram this Saturday.

who?

Sorry to hear it, Beastie Boys were true innovators.

That said ... I heard the last album a return to form but otherwise I thought it was nothing but crap since Ill Communication and that was like 20 years ago. And I never got why it took the Beastie's 4-5 years to put out a single album of new material but they kept releasing Best Of albums and anthologies.

Senior year of high school they came in concert for the "Licensed To Ill" tour. Some friends at school I only hung out with at school had an extra ticket so I went. We got there early and were waiting at the front doors so we could get close to the stage. We ended up being right in front of the stage. So after my second hit of X the band comes on and everyone is going wild. One of the guys in our group is going apeshit when all of a sudden in the middle of the first song Adam comes up to him and into the microphone clears his nose of all it's snot and hacked a giant lugy right into this guys face. Everybody around us that saw what happend was like "holyfawkingshit did you see that? Yeaaaah!!!". The guy went crazy trying to get on stage to kick his arse but the bouncers were right there. He said when they threw him out the bouncers apoligized to him. He was known from that day on as Cobb Face.

RIP

Senior year of high school they came in concert for the "Licensed To Ill" tour. Some friends at school I only hung out with at school had an extra ticket so I went. We got there early and were waiting at the front doors so we could get close to the stage. We ended up being right in front of the stage. So after my second hit of X the band comes on and everyone is going wild. One of the guys in our group is going apeshit when all of a sudden in the middle of the first song Adam comes up to him and into the microphone clears his nose of all it's snot and hacked a giant lugy right into this guys face. Everybody around us that saw what happend was like "holyfawkingshit did you see that? Yeaaaah!!!". The guy went crazy trying to get on stage to kick his arse but the bouncers were right there. He said when they threw him out the bouncers apoligized to him. He was known from that day on as Cobb Face.

RIP

Hahahah. That's one hell of a story. Must have been one hell of a show too.

RIP

I think we know where Big Pete ended up. :rolleyes:

My first tape was Licensed To Ill. My first CD was Check Your Head. My favorite hip hop album of all time is Paul's Boutique.

RIP :(

Mike D grabbed the money

MCA snatched the gold

I grabbed 2 girlies and a beer that's cold

My first concert was Lollapalooza with the Beasties back in the mid '90s. One of my all-time favorite groups.

:(

one of the greats. RIP.

greats? :doh:

One of the goods, yeah. Greats? nah.

Name a better white rapper/punk/producer.

:dunno:

Name a better white rapper/punk/producer.

:dunno:

Vanilla Ice

RIP MCA :cry:

Hahahah. That's one hell of a story. Must have been one hell of a show too.

It was a lot different from Ozzy, Motley Crue, and Metalica but still a fun show.

Licensed to Ill is in my top 5 favorite albums of all time. So darn sad. RIP MCA

Went to their concert in 98 my soph yr in college still have the shirt, snuck on the main floor :headbanger:

A lot of my HS memories are stuck to Beastie Boys just getting drunk and HS dances and whatnot good sh1t

Mike D grabbed the money

MCA snatched the gold

I grabbed 2 girlies and a beer that's cold

:pointstosky:

I did it like this

I did it like that

I did it with a wiffle ball bat.

We gotta party to the left

A party to the right

We gotta party for the muthufukin right to fight :headbanger:

Believe it or not, I don'd disagree with you too often Ed....but I think this time you are way wrong.